+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: 2.4 Polar's Easy Pre-Karazhan Tank Gear List

Quote Originally Posted by Polar View Post
    [item]Breastplate of the Warbringer[/item]
    The World of Warcraft Armory
    Source: L66 Quest - Netherstorm: Forge Camp:Annihilated

I noticed this mentioned here a couple of times as a quest from Netherstorm, but its actually the last step in the chain you get from Altruis, the NE with the netherdrake in eastern Nagrand. The name of the quest is correct, just not the location.
    Nice chestpiece though, I'll be using it for a while, and though the quest says 3 man, at 68 a tank can duo it with a high dps class (a guildie fire mage and I did it two days ago.)

Some update comments from Wow 3.0:

1. Crushing blows have been removed from bosses 3 levels above you - this means that shield block and holy shield are less important to have up at all possible times.

2. 490 defense is still important - just because crushing blows have been removed, bosses can still crit you! You still need to get to 490 defense as a priority (or 490 minus your resilience)

3. The threat mechanics have changed to favor Strength some more. While the gear list does not change, be on the lookout for any tank gear that has some strength on it as well. (There will be lots of this come Wrath time)

glad to see you still around polar! we'll be waiting for the pre-naxx gear list at 80!

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Awesome Polar, thanks for posting as I was just checking for 3.0 updates. With Shield Slam so important now, does it benefit from more Strength (Attack Power)? Or does it just scale with talents and Block Value?

both.

the blockvalue talents obviously scale it faster, as does straight SBV because SBV itemization is cheaper than str on our current gear options, but you're not ALL about shield slam, it's the most important skill of course, but you likewise want to have devastates and revenges which are ap based so having str doubles for them AND SBV so normally I'd say go with STR =]

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    glad to see you still around polar! we'll be waiting for the pre-naxx gear list at 80!
    I am waiting on the items to settle down on the beta a bit more. I will definitely have something ready shortly though.

^_^

Hey Polar, I just noticed this thread and the last thing you wrote. I put together a list as well of WotLK "gear to get". Check it out, maybe we can consolidate the two lists together, and make a more powerful entity.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. -Hunter Thompson

+ Reply to Thread