+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: WoW Warrior Macros

Sunder is to gain aggro on cc'd mobs w/o breaking cc. I.E. a sheeped mob is gonna attack the mage when the spell breaks you can mouseover sunders on it while it's sheeped so it attacks you and you have some threat built up on it already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Deathclok View Post
    So I apologize for posting this, but I am confused. It is late and their are so many posts. Why is sunder armor used more than devastate? Isn't devastate the better of the two, using sunder armors ability and adding to it?

Just changed from Fury to PVP and now to tanking. I need macros cause I realized I have to click a lot more buttons now.
    Devastate is strictly better than sunder armor, yes. If you're looking at macros that use sunder they are either:
    1. Way out of date or
    2. Mouseover macros to gain threat on cc'ed mobs without breaking CC (as CyCy said).

Devastate does damage, so will break CC. Sunder does not. For your tanking rotation against a single-target mob, you never need to use sunder.

Now I understand a bit more thanks, Prune.

#show Berserker Rage
    /cast [stance:3] Berserker Rage; Berserker Stance
    /cast [noequipped:shields] Battle Stance; Defensive Stance
    does this have to be spammed, or is it a press once and forget?

edit:
    nevermind. its a three hit.
    Last edited by Ghreystar; 08-13-2008 at 11:06 AM. Reason: i found the damn answer.

as a 3 year dual-wielder, I never thought I would say his, but...

Thanks for making WoW fun for me again. Being a Tank was the last thing I thought I would ever do, but now... and 100% due to these Macros... I love it.

Hope to see you all in the Battlegrounds!

Last edited by Wyoyeti; 08-15-2008 at 06:15 AM.

NVM Wrong
    Last edited by Johannesburg; 08-28-2008 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Stand alone thread

How does this macro look?

Been using this one on boss fights:

/castrandom [equipped:shields] Shield Slam, Revenge; Revenge
    /cast bloodrage
    /cast shield block

Whichever is off CD will be used. From those with more macro experience, do you see anything wrong with this macro, where it might "hang up" or maybe delay the rotation at all?

-------------------------------------------

Also Have been using this one as my Shield Bash, press once for just shield bash to daze target, second time for HS immediately after.

/cast Shield Bash
    /cast Heroic Strike

HS is superior than Devestate (post 5 applications) in threat if a target is dazed correct? This was my solution to "more than just a HS to dump rage". As long as this doesn't mess up the rotation of SS I suppose, would this work as a solid threat gain considering other available abilites if any? I can't remember if the Shield Bash cooldown and SS cooldown are the same, but I suppose if they were then this would be inferior if you wasted a SS for it...

-------------------------------------------

For Trash, I have been using this macro which just takes out Shield Block and uses two of my "use" trinkets on every CD. I can literally pop Bloodrage, Autoblocker, and Icon almost instantly at the same time with a quick 3 spam of this macro and get a 1-2k Shield Slam as my first hit and keep TPS between 980-1300:

/castrandom [equipped:shields] Shield Slam, Revenge; Revenge
    /cast bloodrage
    /use Gnomeragon Auto Blocker
    /use Icon of Unyielding Courage (+30 hit. The "use" lowers targets armor by 600 for 15 sec)
    Last edited by Rootkitworm; 09-03-2008 at 04:36 PM.
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. -Hunter Thompson

Im looking for a macro that will

/shoot
    /targetnextenemy
    /use decapitator
    /targetnextenemy
    /use linken's boomerang
    /equip king's defender

something along those lines... im hoping that with mouse over sunders and the tc/cleave macro ill be one hell of a imitation pally

I don't believe that is even possible O_o.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I've seen the shoot and decapitator combo used many times but it has been manually done. I just wanna add a lil extra and go a lil faster

Hey folks, just wondering if I could ask for a little assistance with one particular macro that I'm trying to work out yet having a bit of bother with.

What I'm wanting to do is go into Beserker Stance, cast Bloodthirst, then Intercept, then return back to Battle Stance. Is this possible to make into a macro at all?

And, if Intercept is on a cooldown, is there a way to just go in with Charge instead? Appreciated if somebody can remark or aid on this.

Quote Originally Posted by krothias View Post
    Im looking for a macro that will

/shoot
    /targetnextenemy
    /use decapitator
    /targetnextenemy
    /use linken's boomerang
    /equip king's defender

something along those lines... im hoping that with mouse over sunders and the tc/cleave macro ill be one hell of a imitation pally

Macros attempt to cast everything at once a macro like that will never work the second you shoot it will attempt to equip decapitator it may or may not but you will never get past that.

There is an excellent macro guide for warriors here and if you read thru the posts on this thread you will really grasp what is possible.

What you are looking for is probably a three modifier macro you would have to mash it though. Server is down so srry i can't experiment with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oh, and my two cents..
    Don't use macros that do your entire tanking rotation for you; If you do that, from how I see it, you do not learn how to play your class. You only let a macro play it for you. :<
    Currently failing at buying an epic flyer..

I need help with the sunder sheep mouseover macro. I tested it on some deer, rabbit, and cow in Goldshire and I still killed them with my weapon I figured it would work as a test on these since they are not hostile? I mouseover without targeting, and hit the macro and the macro then makes a 'targeted-like red circle' under the cow/sheep/deer and then does a sunder effect and whacks it with my Mallet and it dies . I have tried it on them with and without interface combat options enabled, such as auto attack/auto shoot, attack on assist, and sticky targeting. Do these interface combat options make a difference on wether the sheep sunder macro will work or not?

Thanks, any help is appreciated!

Oh and this is the macro I used as written by Mozman on first page:
    #show Sunder Armor
    /cast [target=mouseover, harm, nodead] [] Sunder Armor
    Last edited by Rootkitworm; 09-10-2008 at 09:41 AM.
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. -Hunter Thompson

Wink Tab Targeting

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    Tab should target the nearest target in your frontal view. Not sure why it does that, I've experienced it myself too, I'll hope that Satrina or Mozman(where are j00000) has a better reply.
    Sorry for the double post I assume this macro below fixes this Tab problem?

script SetCVar("targetNearestDistance", 10)
    /targetenemy
    /script SetCVar("targetNearestDistance", 41)

I am having same problems using Tab, where Tab will target something 50 yards away out of range.

For mutli-tanking, I want to be able to mouseover a target, shield slam it, mouseover another target and revenge, etc. and just be able to use any ability in my hot-key bar on whatever target is mouseover'd (without actually clicking to highlight it). Is this possible?
    Last edited by Rootkitworm; 09-10-2008 at 10:38 AM.

you have to have another target that you're focusing on for the mouse over sunder macro to work, so drag a monster to you, then try to sunder the critter.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

The only macros I use for tanking are dismiss Salvation + Shield Slam, and fear stance dance. All other macros are for mount, pull messages, boss-specific messages, etc. I actually know very little about the macro language in its current incarnation.

But tanking with Salvation on makes it more of a challenge ...

I am using grid and clique for addons and i would like to get a nice taunt macro. I've been reading macro for a while now and still can't figure out how to make it myself. I would like to use the macro on the party member thats being attacked - to taunt the mob thats attacking him. Is it possible? If so, how??

tnx

less macros, more skill IMO. stance dance and the GAB/shield slam are all you need.

-on a side note, can a macro be created that would chain the GAB with the brewfest coin? i want to pop both trinkets @ the same time for HUGE slam numbers. i dont think it can be done since the GAB would trigger a gcd. so i think it may be best to have a macro for the gab/slam and another for the token/slam. any thoughts?

+ Reply to Thread