+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: WoW Warrior Macros

/stopcasting got effectively removed from macros a few patches ago, that should work.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    /stopcasting got effectively removed from macros a few patches ago, that should work.
    yes indeed, I've tried the macro in my previous message and it work perfect

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by azazel View Post
    Does anyone know how to bind two stances to one key (berserker, battle stance) and then bind Defensive Stance to that same key+Shift? What i wanna do is equip my 2H to battle/berserker stance and when i press Shift+same key to switch me to defensive and equip sword and shield. I started playing with this macro below and its almost works but whenever i press Shift gives me a notice saying that ability isnt ready yet.

/cast [modifier:Shift,stance] Defensive Stance
    /equip 16 [modifier:Shift] Gladiator's Pummeler
    /equip 17 [modifier:Shift] Dawnforged Defender
    /cast [stance:1] Berserker Stance; Battle Stance
    /equip Stormherald

Thanks for the help!
    Here's how I'd clean that up:

/cast [modifier:Shift,nostance:2] Defensive Stance
    /cast [stance:1,nomodifier] Berserker Stance; [nomodifier] Battle Stance
    /equipslot 16 [modifier:Shift] Gladiator's Pummeler
    /equipslot 17 [modifier:Shift] Dawnforged Defender
    /equip [nomodifier] Stormherald

You need to use /equipslot if you're going to specify slot. The nomodifier tags mean that if you're holding shift (or alt or ctrl), those lines won't do anything. That's where I imagine your conflicts are coming from, since it was attempting to cast Defensive and Battle stance, and then equip three weapons all at once. Let me know if it works or not.

If possible can someone please write a macro for me. What I would like it to do if possible is

Mouse over target attack that target DEV, SS then reselect my last target DEV DEV TC

I am hoping this is possible or something similiar. I just feel like I am taking too long or over spamming the hits when I do this manually. Any Help is greatly appreciated or any suggestions of a diff mouseover type macro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by CyCy View Post
    If possible can someone please write a macro for me. What I would like it to do if possible is

Mouse over target attack that target DEV, SS then reselect my last target DEV DEV TC

I am hoping this is possible or something similiar. I just feel like I am taking too long or over spamming the hits when I do this manually. Any Help is greatly appreciated or any suggestions of a diff mouseover type macro.
    I'm not sure I understand what you're looking for. What I think you want is:
    Attack, Dev, then SS your mouseover target, then dev, dev, thunderclap on your current target.

If that's what you want, it's not possible. Macros are deliberately prevented from executing complex series of actions. Automating everything doesn't sharpen your skills, either.

You can make Devastate and shield slam macros to hit mouseover targets instead of your current target, if possible.

/cast [target=mouseover, exists, harm, nodead] [] ABILITYNAME

That macro will cast ABILITY on your mouseover target, as long as it is alive, exists, and not dead. Otherwise, it will attempt to cast it on your current target. You can use that to spread your threat moves out for aoe tanking, which I think is your goal.

So would this at least get me back to original target.......Srry for asking at work and unable to test it out

/cast [target=mouseover, exists, harm, nodead] [] devastate
    /cast shield slam
    /targetlasttarget

AOE is my main concern right now. I dont have problems with 3 and 4 man mobs it's when dps breaks cc or kite mobs away from me that I seem to get over spammie and am just looking for something that will ensure I get a couple good hits on the runner and able to follow my kill cycle. I pull aggro back on runner then have hard time gettin back to the main target.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When you use target=mouseover, it doesn't drop your current target. It just casts the ability on whatever your mouse is over without changing targets.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ty very much! Now I feel dumb

/cast [target=mouseover, exists, harm, nodead] [] devastate
    /cast shield slam

So this will do what I want it to do then. Target mouse DEV SS then go back to my original target.............ty ty ty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by GoofySGB View Post
    Ok trying to figure out how I can get the mouse over to work so that when i hold down the shift key and mouse over it will do a sheild slam when I hold down the crl key it will do a taunt this is what i came up with got the Shift for taunt working but can't get the crl Sheild Slam to work

/cast [target=mouseover, harm, nodead][harm, nodead][target=targettarget, harm, nodead][] sunder armor
    /cast [modifier:ctrl] Shield Slam; [modifier:shift] Taunt;

If I am not mistaken Sunder Armor starts the Global Cooldown and taunt is on it's own internal. That's why your Taunt works. I suggest replacing Shield Slam with Heroic Strike or Cleave that cast on next melee round and see how that works
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If I am not mistaken Sunder Armor starts the Global Cooldown and taunt is on it's own internal. That's why your Taunt works. I suggest replacing Shield Slam with Heroic Strike or Cleave that cast on next melee round and see how that works
    Yes, that's what going on here. Your macro will always cast Sunder Armor first, and thus you will always be on global cooldown, causing the shield slam to fail. Switch the line order and it should work fine:

/cast [target=mouseover, harm, nodead][harm, nodead][target=targettarget, harm, nodead][] sunder armor

Quote Originally Posted by Prunetracy View Post
    Wouldn't you need to replace sunder with shield block also because of theCD from Shield Slam?

Srry if I am wrong still new to macros and what little understanding I think I have i am trying to clarify...lol

I came up with this over the weekend for pulls instances I had a countdown on the first one I wrote but when I added last line the countdown went screwy If anyone has a suggestion Basically want it to go

"PULLING IN 3"
    "2"
    "1"
    Shoot, Bloodrage, Attack
    ....................................A Commanding Shout or Demo at end would be cool too.

This is what I Have that works now

/say Pulling
    /cast Shoot
    /cast Bloodrage
    /cast Attack
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Shield Block doesn't have a global CD the way the others do, you can hit it whenever

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Wouldn't you need to replace sunder with shield block also because of theCD from Shield Slam?
    Shield slam will only cast if Control is held. If you don't push control, it doesn't cast, and sunder goes off fine (which I believe is the intent of the macro).

Srry if I am wrong still new to macros and what little understanding I think I have i am trying to clarify...lol

I came up with this over the weekend for pulls instances I had a countdown on the first one I wrote but when I added last line the countdown went screwy If anyone has a suggestion Basically want it to go

"PULLING IN 3"
    "2"
    "1"
    Shoot, Bloodrage, Attack
    ....................................A Commanding Shout or Demo at end would be cool too.

This is what I Have that works now

/say Pulling
    /cast Shoot
    /cast Bloodrage
    /cast Attack
    Well, the design you're shooting for isn't possible. You can't delay casts, so the countdown won't work. Also, if you hit bloodrage before your pull targets are engaged, you don't get the (admittedly small) benefit of extra aggro from bloodrage on your pull target(s).

I think /cast attack will toggle attack on and off. Use /startattack instead, so that you don't accidentally turn off your auto-swing.

Ty..........noticed it does sometimes cancel attack whereas other times it doesn't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

/cast !Attack

Would work the same way.

Here's what I use most of the time when tanking:

Code:
    /castsequence reset=60 Bloodrage, Commanding Shout
    /castrandom Shield Slam, Revenge, Devastate
    /cast !Heroic Strike
    /cast [modifier:alt] Shield Block
    This macro uses commanding shout, bloodrage, shield block, heroic strike, shield slam, devastate, and revenge for me.

This macro works exceptionally well for trash and bosses where I need to be able to move around a lot.

I have another macro I've developed that only works in infinite rage situations, but uses Shield Slam, Revenge and Devastate in order by priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    I have another macro I've developed that only works in infinite rage situations, but uses Shield Slam, Revenge and Devastate in order by priority.

I'd like to see how you got around the global cooldown on SS REV and DEV
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'd like to see how you got around the global cooldown on SS REV and DEV
    It would be:

/castsequence reset=6 Shield Slam, Revenge, Devastate, Devastate
    /cast !Heroic Strike

I don't like the idea of macroing my central tanking abilities. It makes me unable to be flexible as needed.

Yeah that is a big rage burner......I just redid all my major tank abilities with mouseover ability (still gettin used to spammin two targets). And Came up with
    Dev HS SB for PVE trash mobs. One thing I did do was marry TC and Cleave together that works well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

So I apologize for posting this, but I am confused. It is late and their are so many posts. Why is sunder armor used more than devastate? Isn't devastate the better of the two, using sunder armors ability and adding to it?

Just changed from Fury to PVP and now to tanking. I need macros cause I realized I have to click a lot more buttons now.

+ Reply to Thread