+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: WoW Warrior Macros

Apologies, the warbringer macro wasnt working in some situations, so i'm remaking it :

#show Charge
    /cast [harm] [target=targettarget, noexists] Charge;[harm] [target=targettarget, player] Charge; [harm] [target=targettarget, harm]; Intervene
    /castsequence [modifier:alt] Berserker Stance, Intercept, Defensive Stance

How it works (or fail) : if the mob is targetting nothing,another mob or you , it will charge.
    Otherwise, it will intervene.
    If you hold alt key and spam, it will jump stance, intercept, and then jump back into def stance. Not sure how castsequence works with modifiers though.

At work again, will try when I can and hopefully it will work this time round...

Quote Originally Posted by Juon View Post
    Apologies, the warbringer macro wasnt working in some situations, so i'm remaking it :

#show Charge
    /cast [harm] [target=targettarget, noexists] Charge;[harm] [target=targettarget, player] Charge; [harm] [target=targettarget, harm]; Intervene
    /castsequence [modifier:alt] Berserker Stance, Intercept, Defensive Stance

How it works (or fail) : if the mob is targetting nothing,another mob or you , it will charge.
    Otherwise, it will intervene.
    If you hold alt key and spam, it will jump stance, intercept, and then jump back into def stance. Not sure how castsequence works with modifiers though.

At work again, will try when I can and hopefully it will work this time round...
    I changed that to
    /cast [harm] [target=targettarget, noexists] Charge;[harm] [target=targettarget, player] Charge; [harm] [target=targettarget, help] Intervene

Was that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandezar View Post
    I changed that to
    /cast [harm] [target=targettarget, noexists] Charge;[harm] [target=targettarget, player] Charge; [harm] [target=targettarget, help] Intervene

Was that right?
    I'm confused. Does Juon or Bandezar's Charge/Intervene work?

Trying to figure out a macro setup that will let me switch to Battle Stance if I'm not in combat , then charge, then switch to Berserker Stance.

Then when i am in combat to Intercept

Is this even possible?

I need help

kk this me macro for when it goes to hell but I still can't get it to work right

#showtooltip Last Stand
    /rw Oh crap, using Last Stand
    /cast Last Stand
    /cast Shield Wall
    /cast Lifeblood
    /use Enraged Regeneration
    /use Crazy Alchemist's Potion
    /use Runic Healing Potion
    /use Runic Healing Injector
    /use Seal of the Pantheon

the mind the pot useage its forwhatever's handy at the time
    the problem i'm having is the last stand, shield wall, Lifeblood, Er and Seal of the Pantheon useage. Its like some work then at another point in time the others work but only as far as Last Stand isn't on CD. Pls help.

Last Stand and Shield Wall share a cast cd and enraged regenration should be a cast not a use. Your potions are all canceling each other out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by CyCy View Post
    Last Stand and Shield Wall share a cast cd and enraged regenration should be a cast not a use. Your potions are all canceling each other out.
    so in other words it should be

#showtooltip Last Stand
    /rw Oh crap, using Last Stand
    /cast Last Stand
    /cast Shield Wall
    /cast Lifeblood
    /cast Enraged Regeneration
    /use Crazy Alchemist's Potion
    /use Runic Healing Potion
    /use Runic Healing Injector
    /use Seal of the Pantheon

NOTE: yes the pots cancel each other but its based on use whats available

Warbringer Macro Still A Work In Progress

Quote Originally Posted by Antioch View Post
    I'm confused. Does Juon or Bandezar's Charge/Intervene work?
    In short, not yet (at least not for me).

It seems to work intermittently on the Intervene (it appears to Charge correctly) and I was waiting on Juon's reply. I believe the change I made is necessary, since the original says to Intervene if one's target's target is an enemy rather than a friend. I had hoped Juon would update us on his progress; I have not worked on it much since the last post but I will look at it further today.

Last Stand and Shield Wall can't be in same macro ....i think...a macro will fire all abilities in it at the same time. I have the glyph of last stand so i fire it more often. Enraged regen will only fire obviously if your enraged...so I personally got rid of my oh shit macro once nightmare seeds were no longer worth 20g. Once the servers are back up I'll mess around with what your trying but I don't see how it's gonna work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Iam trying this Macro , but it doesn't work

#Show sheild slam
    /cast shield Slam
    /stopcasting
    /cast devastate

it only cast shiled slam but not devastate, but if change devastae to heroic strike or cleave it works..any idea why its not working..

Cleave and HS are next swing attacks and not effected by GCD, devastate however is effected by it. I am not sure how you would macro it however thats why those skills work and devastate doesn't

Many thx, got ur point :P

Kind of crazy putting all your eggs in one basket like that.

If you are about to die - sure hit Last stand and enraged regeneration but NOT shield wall or anything else. Have the other abilities bound to keys and heal yourself if you need to.

Macro suggestions/critiques

Hi and thanks for any help beforehand ^^

I am currently using these 2 macros

1. /castrandom devastate, shield slam, shield slam
    2. /cast Revenge
    /cast Heroic Strike
    3. /castsequence [equipped:shields] Thunder Clap
    /cast [equipped:shields] Shield Block

these 3 are spammed while im casting SW and CB whenever they are up. It seems to work pretty well, but any suggestions or criticism is always appreciated ^^

Thanks!

Macros

I'm sure these have already been posted before but I've recently started tanking for the first time in years again and after reading a few threads here and there came down to these macros being the best set for me.

#showtooltip Shield Slam
    /cast shield block
    /cast shield slam
    (with the sword and board proc often it keeps the shield block on CD and avoids the castrandom chance.)

#showtooltip Revenge
    /cast revenge
    /cast heroic strike

-(I use the glyph of revenge and any time revenge is active why not que a heroic strike, also the glyph procs no matter if u stay on target long enough to let the HS go off so you can also hit this when revenge is on CD or not available to just HS or to burn a free one you didn't let finish) With a fast weapon the heroic strikes have really helped me keep the threat up esp since my gear is still rather weak compared to some of the dps I run with. Weapon speed is a fairly big factor with this macro choice but in an OT situation where rage might be a consideration, you typically won't be getting much in the way of revenge procs so if u can keep the stickly little fingers off the macro u won't rage dump accidentally.

#showtooltip Devastate
    /cast bloodrage
    /cast devastate

-(rage usually isn't an issue but I just have this to go ahead and give me that boost after a charge/TC/SW on trash and in dungeons)

#showtooltip Last Stand
    /cast last stand
    /cast shield wall
    /cast enraged regeneration

-(These aren't on the GCD so they all pop at the same time, nice HP boost and good avoidance and some health regen on top of it all.) With the enrage effect from the talent it's almost impossible not to have the necessary effect to allow for enraged regen and by the time u need to burn it (if u do) the damage increase lost from the effect is of little relevance. I can see that using these individually might be better in some situations but for me for now I just combine them all cause frankly, I'm lazy =). With the short cooldowns on these skills it isn't a huge loss if u blow something u didn't need to imo.

-I also use a shift modifier for charge/intervene which works well for me.
    -In the past I had a /castrandom concussion blow, heroic throw; macro built but I like to have the heroic throw off CD when I have pulls to make. Found it easier to just manually do it on bosses if I find the time (very seldom) during rotation. (Don't have concussion blow anymore either)
    -What a fun class to play btw!
    Last edited by Cmonster; 03-17-2009 at 08:02 AM.

I tend to "spam press" my buttons a bit while waiting for GCD so all "next swing" type macros (i.e Heroic Strike, Cleave aso) have a "!" trigger on them to make them not toggle.

I like to throw in trinkets into my macros and rotations as i forget to use them otherwise , so my macrolist looks something like this:

Shield Slam replacement
    #Showtooltip Shield Slam
    /use 13
    /cast Shield Block
    /cast Shield Slam

Devastate replacement
    #showtooltip Devastate
    /cast Devastate
    /startattack

Next attack replacements (not in the same macro ofc..)
    /cast !heroic Strike
    /cast !Cleave

Revenge replacement
    #showtooltip Revenge
    /cast Revenge
    /cast !heroic Strike

Panic1
    #showtooltip Last Stand
    /cast Last stand
    /use Repelling Charge
    /use "healthpotion type1"
    /use "healthpotion type2"
    /use healthstone

Panic2
    #showtooltip Shield Wall
    /cast Shield wall
    /use "healthpotion type1"
    /use "healthpotion type2"
    /use healthstone

I cant imagine the amount of buttonbashing that would have to be done without macros. Fingerbreaking stuff I'd bet.

Hi!

First off I have a macro I am trying to run and I am hoping I could get some advice on trying to get the darn thing to work.

#showtooltip Shield Slam

/castsequence reset=40 Shield Block, Revenge(Rank9), Shield Slam(Rank 8)

My thinking is that on every smash of the button this macro will move to the next fucntion, however if shield block is still on cd it will by pass it and go to revenge, then to SS. Any help or suggestions would be great. I am sure that this macro may not be ideal for generating threat but the idea here is for me to learn how to write a macro so I cn put my theories to practice.

Can anyone suggest a good site where I can lean the WOW macro mechanics?

Thanks in andvance for any help!

Kreighton

As you cannot make a macro bypass either of its components relative to whether they're on CD or not, this is my suggestion to fix your macro:

/castsequence reset=(whatever you want it to be) Devastate, Shield Slam
    /cast Shield Block

Since SB is not on the GCD, it will trigger whenever you punch the macro, while the castsequence will alternate between devastate and shield slam.. since shield slam is on a longer cooldown than devastate (discounted the possibility of a SnB proc on the dev), this macro will not do you any good at all though. It will stall at the shield slam every time, if its not ready. Furthermore, shield block will attempt to cast every single time you hit the macro, resulting in a lot of "that ability is not ready yet" spam on your screen. There is a script you can enable to remove this spam, but since I'm at work right now, I don't remember what it is.

Long story short: This macro would probably do you more harm than good. Instead, go with devastate normally (unmacroed) and make a macro like this for your shield slam/block:

#showtooptip shield slam
    /cast shield block; shield slam

This will let you manually press SS every time its ready, and will try to fire off SB each time you do so.

Great advice and thank you!

Do you have any resources on how to learn the mechanics of writting macros?

The guide posted at the beginning of this thread LOL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread