+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: WoW Warrior Macros

Mozman, I reported your old post on the forums saying that the newer one should be sticked and look what they did:

World of Warcraft - English (NA) Forums -> 2.X Warrior Macros v III

Gratz on the Re-sticky

Ummm al in one tank macro......even Nintendo's first console had two buttons to press.

I don't see why you would bind all your primary abilities and go single target tanking in 3.0. I could see using it for low instance runs for guildies or sumthin but to even run Nexus you would need CC and great dps control to stay single target.....unless your tabbing through hoping something good procs on the next mob.

If it works for you though Kudos.......My GM would kick my ass however if I popped a devastate on a boss that had five sunders and missed a SS or HS on him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Some new original Macros - would like feedback :)

Gonna try this as a macro for situations when someone pulls a mob off me:

/cast [nostance:2] Defensive Stance; [help] Intervene; [target=targettarget, help] Intervene
    /cast Vigilance
    /cast [nostance:2] Defensive Stance; [help] Taunt; [target=targettarget, help] Taunt

Just think it would cool if you could Intervene then vigilance the person, then taunt the attacker asap, and charge back to your mobs. Might need to be edited as: /cast [nostance:2] Defensive Stance; [help] Intervene, Vigilance; [target=targettarget, help] Intervene, Vigilance

Now I know the first line TOT-Intervene Macro above does work, the rest of it I'm unsure. So in first line TOT is your friend that would be Intervened, in the third line the TOT would be then be the attacker supposedly (since you are now targeting your Intervened friend), who would then be taunted immediately.

This comes from my love of Shockwaving mobs and Intervening someone and then doing a 180 and immediately charging back at the mobs like Iron Man. :P

Can any of those more experienced with creating macros please edit this to work as it should if you see it being unusable?
    Last edited by Rootkitworm; 12-05-2008 at 06:28 PM.
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. -Hunter Thompson

Other new "coupled" Macros

Also I have made these macros for myself and they work well from my experience thus far with them. Somehow they all work out they way I want them too, not always used at the same time because of different CD reasons I guess, which is good and saves me keyboard space. I just know from field experience that they work pretty good from playing around with different macros.

So I got these coupled up atm:

/cast Shield Block
    /cast Berserker Rage
    /startattack

/cast Revenge (with Revenge glyph)
    /cast Heroic Strike
    /startattack

/cast Devastate
    /cast Bloodrage
    /startattack

/cast Thunderclap (CD is longer than Cleave, so I put Cleave alone on upper left bar as well)
    /cast Cleave
    /startattack

/cast Concussion Blow
    /cast Shockwave
    /startattack

/dismount
    /cast Charge
    /cast Shield Bash
    /cast Disarm
    /cast Bloodrage
    /startattack

/cast Last Stand
    /cast Enraged Regeneration (generates more HP per sec from LS)
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. -Hunter Thompson

Need a little help with a macro, that can activate commanding shout, last stand and Enraged regeneration. As I understand it I cant do it all with one press of a button- but what about if I press twice?? First one to activate commanding shout, and the second to activate last stand+Enraged regeneration?

thx in advance :-)

Was wanting to find a macro to taunt the target of my target. Mainly for switching tanks for bosses.

Boss 1 MT and Boss 2 OT

while targeting OT tank - I want to taunt his target on to me and let him do the same to me as well.

/target [target=otname, his target]taunt his target to me

or same thing but add charge into the macro and then taunt.

was thinking of
    /cast [target=OTname,target]charge, taunt

Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by thecrazyman View Post

/cast [target=OTname,target]charge, taunt

Any thoughts?
    try

/cast [nostance:2] Defensive Stance; [help] Taunt; [target=targettarget, help] Taunt

Hey guys thanks for any help on this in advance.

I am basically wanting to take my oh crap marco and break it down so I have more control over what it does instead of just using all of the abilities and then keybind it to my scroll wheel so where every scoll click will go through one ability. Ideally the sequence would be like this

Cast Shield Block
    Use Trinket 1
    Use Trinket 2
    Cast Commanding Shout, Last Stand, Enraged Regeneration
    Use Master Healthstone
    Cast ShieldWall
    Use Runic Health Potion

I hope I haven't made this sound to convaluted . Once again thank you for any help.

Sorry for not reading through 14 pages, the answer might be there I know. But, I'm asking kindly again.

Is it possible to write a macro that uses any trinket I'm wearing at the moment?
    Thing is I'm running around with 6 different trinkets for different situations, and it would be nice to have just one button to press to use trinket nr 1, and another for trinket nr 2.

Pretty please, with sugar on top.

*$

/use 13

or

/use 14

not work?

-- gyre --

Yes a macro with:

/use 13

or

/use 14

13 activates the use on the top trinket slot and 14 would activate a use on the bottom trinket slot.

For my SBV set I have:

/use 14
    /cast Shield Block
    /cast Shield Slam

This activates my auto-blocker in the bottom trinket slot and then cast SB and SS. Giving me the largest shield slam possible with one button. Which ever one you list first will appear as the CD on the icon if you use a addon like cooldown count that displays the numbers on the icons. I also use it for avoidance trinkets in boss fights.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

Quote Originally Posted by DaNub View Post
    Hey guys thanks for any help on this in advance.

I am basically wanting to take my oh crap marco and break it down so I have more control over what it does instead of just using all of the abilities and then keybind it to my scroll wheel so where every scoll click will go through one ability. Ideally the sequence would be like this

Cast Shield Block
    Use Trinket 1
    Use Trinket 2
    Cast Commanding Shout, Last Stand, Enraged Regeneration
    Use Master Healthstone
    Cast ShieldWall
    Use Runic Health Potion

I hope I haven't made this sound to convaluted . Once again thank you for any help.
    Code:
    /cast Shield Block
    /use 13
    /use 14
    /cast Commanding Shout
    /cast Last Stand
    /cast Enraged Regeneration
    /use Master Healthstone
    /cast Shield Wall
    /use Runic Healing Potion
    Thats how it would look. Will it work idk, thats alot of stuff in one macro. On top of that some of your commands are rage dependant like Commanding shout and Enrage regen.

Realisitcally you want all your HP modifiers to go before last stand. Because Last Stand modifies your HP the second before its activated by a %.

I would use this version, though I have never tried it with commanding shout in it, as I already allways have it active in a boss fight.
    Code:
    /cast Commanding Shout
    /use Runic Healing Potion (or injector if u have one)
    /use Master Healthstone
    /use 13
    /use 14
    /cast Last Stand
    /cast Enraged Regeneration
    That right there will get you the most out of your hp buffs and self heals. Commanding will jump your HP, then your consumables will heal it up, then your trinkets boos it some more, then your last stand bumps it up more and heals, then your Enrage Regen heals you for a % when you have the most possible hp. There is no need to add both trinket slots in there unless you have a "use" on both.

I did some research a while back when I created my own last stand macro and found using both your last stand and shield wall at the same time really did not give the best results. You want to stagger them.

I would use the Macro (test it first) that I listed above. When the effects are about to fade from Last Stand, hit Shield Block and then Shield Wall.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

Thanks for the help I gave that a try but on one click it uses every ability. I am trying to get it where each independant click does just one ability. This is to mainly use just a few low cooldown abilities if the healers just need alittle help for a second or to scroll through everything if something horribly bad should happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodasafa View Post
    Yes a macro with:

/use 13

or

/use 14

13 activates the use on the top trinket slot and 14 would activate a use on the bottom trinket slot.
    OMG that simple. Thanks

*$

Quote Originally Posted by CyCy View Post
    .......My GM would kick my ass however if I popped a devastate on a boss that had five sunders and missed a SS or HS on him.
    Here Ill do you a favor, copy paste this and send it to your GM.

Taken word for word from our talent tree.

Sword and Board:
    Increases your critical strike chance of your Devastate ability by 15% and when your Devastate or Revenge ability deals damage it has a 30% chance of refreshing the cool down of your Shield Slam ability and reducing its cost by 100% for 5 seconds.

Using Devastate beyond 5 sunders helps you crank out more shield slams.

Thanks for the help I gave that a try but on one click it uses every ability. I am trying to get it where each independant click does just one ability. This is to mainly use just a few low cooldown abilities if the healers just need alittle help for a second or to scroll through everything if something horribly bad should happen.
    That Im unsure of. You probably have to add a bunch of brackets [ ] and crazy stuff in the mix. I like my macros simple.

You can use /castsequence to cycle through the panic buttons that are spells, but potions, healthstones and trinkets cannot be put in a castsequence to my knowledge.

You could try something like this:

/castsequence Shield Block, Commanding Shout, Last Stand, Enraged Regeneration, Shield Wall
    /use [modifier:shift] 13; [modifier:alt] 14; [modifier:ctrl] Runic Health Potion; Master Healthstone

On the first keypress, it uses Shield Block and a healthstone if you have one. On second press, it casts Commanding Shout, then Last Stand, and so on and so forth. When holding down shift, it uses the top trinket. When holding down alt, it uses the bottom trinket. When holding down control, it uses a runic health potion.

I'll add a macro of my own:

#showtooltip
    /castsequence [equipped:throw] reset=60 Heroic Throw, Throw, Throw, Throw, Throw; reset=60 Heroic Throw, Shoot, Shoot, Shoot, Shoot

Basically an "all-in-one" shoot macro. If you have a throwing weapon equipped, it will use Throw (up to four times) after using Heroic Throw. If you have a bow or a gun, same thing. The "reset=60" means you can use Heroic Throw every time it's up. I use this because I don't have room on my bars for more abilities, and I want to be able to pull without waiting for Heroic Throw's cooldown.
    Last edited by Taelas; 01-04-2009 at 03:36 PM.
    風林火山陰雷

ಠ ,ಠ
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - it's time to roll the dice

Hey guys, i read a lot of the pages, maybe my small understanding of macros has led to think this is not in there lol. Is it possible to write a macro so that when in combat it automatically casts battle shout when it wears off without having to click the macro again, greatly appreciated thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Sorry for not reading through 14 pages, the answer might be there I know. But, I'm asking kindly again.

Is it possible to write a macro that uses any trinket I'm wearing at the moment?
    Thing is I'm running around with 6 different trinkets for different situations, and it would be nice to have just one button to press to use trinket nr 1, and another for trinket nr 2.

Pretty please, with sugar on top.

*$

Hi, if you want to use 6 different trinkets i suggest u:

The /use bag slot command lets you use an item in a specific bag slot. Each bag in your bottom right "bag bar" has a numerical value from 0 to 4, starting with your backpack and proceeding to the left. When you type two numbers separated by spaces, the macro assumes that you are referencing a bag slot rather than an inventory slot. The second number corresponds to a particular bag slot, starting from 1 and continuing until the last slot in that bag. Slot 1 in a given bag is always the highest and leftmost slot of that bag, and the order continues to the right until the end of each row, at which point the pattern continues on the row underneath. In a 16-slot bag, the slots are assigned as follows:

1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8
    9 10 11 12
    13 14 15 16

For an example of a practical use for this command, let's say you always put your water or food in the top left slot in your leftmost bag. You could create a macro with "/use 4 1" to eat or drink whatever is in that slot. This particular macro illustrates how macros can conserve valuable real estate on your action bars. Instead of occupying multiple slots with different types and ranks of water and food, you could consolidate multiple types into one macro's icon.

Cya.

So i have read alot of this thread not all of it and i can't seem to figure out how to make this work.

What i want the macro to do is cast recklessness if i am in zerker stance and if recklessness is on CD or i am in battle stance i just want it to use execute.

This is what i have

/cast [stance:3] Recklessness;
    /cast Execute;

So this works in battle stance it casts execute all the time the problem is when i switch to Zerker stance it will just continually try to cast Recklessness even if it is on CD and it will not Cast Execute. The whole purpose of this macro is because i am terrible at remembering to hit recklessness while pvp specced and sudden death procs. currently i have mouse wheel up bound to just regular execute but i would like to get this macro to work and hit recklessness if i am in zerker stance and it is available.

+ Reply to Thread