+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: WoW Warrior Macros

Quote Originally Posted by Rootkitworm View Post
    I like it. Question: Why not have shield slam and mocking blow (if you have glyph of mocking) in your /castrandom part too?
    I prefer to use Shield Slam on the mobs I think I might lose aggro on - or to help grab back aggro from a player.

Quote Originally Posted by Xav View Post
    /cast Charge
    /cast Shield Bash

I use that in my shield bash spot now, instead of macroing Taunt+Charge together. Taunt+Charge together worked well when Taunt wasn't 20 yards, but now that it is, it kind of sucks. This only works because Shield Bash is NOT on the GCD.

However, this one works great.

I needed to combine abilities somehow, by the way, because I had hotkey issues. Taunt and Charge used to share the same hotkey for me, depending on stance (1), so now that they're usable in the same stance I was in a bit of an odd spot. This has solved the issue finally in a great way.

Might help other people out. Enjoy!
    Xav I have been using your macroed Taunt+Charge together only since Taunt went to 20 yards (18.288 meters ) and have found it to be brilliant! I have Tanked Heroics and ZA without a problem. Maybe that says something about my style! I either taunt or charge or both! I notice that below a certain range (I'm assuming 8 yards) I will only taunt. But I have learnt to use that to my advantage (lots of happy healers).

However, I will try the Charge + Bash and unbind taunt, but I fear the elegance will be lost. I will report back

My first TankSpot post ... hi ppl.

I too use the charge + taunt macro with a mouseover target works like a charm....btw do we still have intervene lol!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Speaking of Intervene, I found a really fun thing to do is to stun a mob with Shockwave or Concussion Blow then Intervene to a healer or someone far off, then charge back at the same target and Slam their face with the g forces on your side.
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. -Hunter Thompson

I have to admit - being a tank and zooming around the battlefiend like some sort of Crazed tasmanian devil makes me a happy camper

Hi very new to the forums and macros, could someone explain to me how I dothe mouseover macro and what does the #showtooltip do? I turned 70 about a week ago and I am still trying to sort out being a real tank now :P.
    Thanks for any help!!!

Bloodeagle the #showtooltip part of the macro allows you to mouse over where you put the macro and it will show the tooltip for the first skill in your macro, its a function I use incase I forget what that specific macro is for.
    Another good thing that I found to get used to doing in cast sequence macros is to use the ? icon as it shows you the icon for the specific skill in the cast sequence for example if you get the Revenge glyph which allows you to cast heroic strike after a revenge without using any rage for the heroic strike. so for the first part the icon will show the revenge icon and once revenge has been cast it will switch to the heroic strike iconso for example the macro would look like this
    #showtooltip Revenge
    /castsequence reset=3 Revenge, Heroic Strike

a very simple macro the reset=3 is so the macro will refresh to default state after not being pressed for 3 seconds using this is handy because sometimes the mob might die after your revenge not allowing you to cast the free heroic strike so the cast sequence would be stuck on Heroic Strike until you used Heroic strike during the next fight defeating the purpose of the free Heroic Strike

as for the mouse over macro unfortunately I can't remember how to do them, actually I am really curious as well because for Vigilance and Intervene the mouse over macro would be very handy.

Has some1 figured out the solution to the "ALL in 1" charge macro. i use to love zipping around w/ this thing, but i had to start in Battle stance, . Now i wan't to start in Def. Stance charge, and if my charge in on cool down and i want more moblity on a more distant target , i want to intercept on them and then be able to intervene back to a healer. How can some1 fix this problem, i feel lost b/c the all in 1 macro worked so good b4, but i see w/ warbringer it can/could be better if some1 w/ macro skillz can fix the problem and make it better it would be much appreciated. thanx.

Mouseover sunder - cc breaking early? this macro will sunder the mob your mouse pointer is over without losing your current target (the mob must still be in melee range, of course). It also checks if the target is actually hostile and alive before doing this.
    #show Sunder Armor
    /cast [target=mouseover, harm, nodead] [] Sunder Armor

Simply replace whatever ability you want last. [] is for what level of ability you want to use leave the brackets empty and it will use the highest level you currently know.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Now that charge is usable in in D.stance, I find that I rarely use intervene, unless it's for mobility reasons (like flag running in gulch, or getting away from an encapsulate or something).

If the mob isn't tauntable and it's running after someone, chances are they've pulled aggro and can't do an aggro drop for whatever reason (cooldown, stupid, or just don't have one). The intervene probably won't save them, so I may as well get the rage off the charge for an extra Shield Slam.

When 3.0.2 hit, I was toying around with a charge/intervene macro that looked something like this:

#showtooltip Charge
    /cast [target=targettarget]intervene; charge

I'm not sure if that's is specifically, but I do no that if I pressed the button I could charge hostiles, and intervene friendlies. It was very buggy, and when I attempted to further modify the macro I ended up breaking it and deleting it altogether. Two seperate bindings for charge and intervene is really the only way to go unless Blizzard wants to begin down the dangerous road of letting players add more conditionals into smarter macros (again).

I've also always used Tclap and Demo on one button using this:

#showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=6 thunder clap, demoralizing shout

At the start of a fight I just hit it twice to get TC and demo up, and then hit every cd for aoe fights to keep clappin'.

Has anyone figured out proper code for the new "tab distance" macro? I.e. the macro that would tab to the next target but only within a set distance range (so it doesn't target a mob 60 yards away by mistake).

As I understand the old one does not work anymore.
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. -Hunter Thompson

been looking around for it Rootkitworm but haven't been able to find one nor have I been able to figure one out

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
    Bloodeagle the #showtooltip part of the macro allows you to mouse over where you put the macro and it will show the tooltip for the first skill in your macro, its a function I use incase I forget what that specific macro is for.
    Another good thing that I found to get used to doing in cast sequence macros is to use the ? icon as it shows you the icon for the specific skill in the cast sequence for example if you get the Revenge glyph which allows you to cast heroic strike after a revenge without using any rage for the heroic strike. so for the first part the icon will show the revenge icon and once revenge has been cast it will switch to the heroic strike iconso for example the macro would look like this
    #showtooltip Revenge
    /castsequence reset=3 Revenge, Heroic Strike

a very simple macro the reset=3 is so the macro will refresh to default state after not being pressed for 3 seconds using this is handy because sometimes the mob might die after your revenge not allowing you to cast the free heroic strike so the cast sequence would be stuck on Heroic Strike until you used Heroic strike during the next fight defeating the purpose of the free Heroic Strike

as for the mouse over macro unfortunately I can't remember how to do them, actually I am really curious as well because for Vigilance and Intervene the mouse over macro would be very handy.

? icon

can you give an example of how this is used in a macro, I currently have a macro for my autoblocker attacked to my shield slam, I want to see the cooldown for my shield slam, not the cool down for the autoblocker. Is this used to perform that function?

the "?" icon switches depending on what skill is next in line for a cast sequence, unfortunately once you press it and use it, it continues through the cast sequence

as far as I know there is no way to show the cooldown of a second skill in a cast sequence macro. the only thing you can do is get a cooldown addon like the one that is incorporated with DoTimer it will give you a countdown bar for the cooldown. IMO there is probably a way just needs another line of code but unforunately I haven't come across it.

New macro for Enraged Regeneration

Following the suggestion made by TaiSHi, posting this here.

I just set this up lastnite, works great

Code:
    #show Enraged Regeneration
    /cast [modifier:alt] Enraged Regeneration
    /castsequence reset=180 Commanding Shout, Last Stand, Enraged Regeneration
    When you have all 3 of them ready to use, you just click it 3 times in a row. When Last Stand is on cooldown, you can still use the Commanding Shout and hit alt to fire the regen.

If any1 got some suggestions to improve it some more, always welcome.

Heroic Throw + Shoot + Throw in 1 Button

Apologise in advance if anyone already did something like this (its a long thread and didn't read it all), but I made a macro that combines all forms of ranged attacks for warriors:
    Code:
    #Showtooltip
    /cast Heroic Throw
    /cast [modifier:alt,equipped:Bows/Guns/Crossbows] Shoot; [modifier:alt,equipped:Thrown] Throw
    This uses Heroic Throw on regular click and normal ranged attack on alt+click.
    Will show the Heroic Throw icon and CD.

My all-in-one macro:
    /startattack
    /castrandom Berserker Rage, Devastate, Revenge, Revenge, Revenge, Revenge, Shield Slam, Shield Slam, Shield Slam, Shield Slam

All In one tanking macros are really not a good idea - its only 3 buttons you need to hotkey to be 90% effective

It's very useful on G15 ... in instances ... give a more time to look around.
    It give me:
    10% Devastate (one in 15-25 sec - for refresh sunders)
    45% Revenge
    45% Shield Slam
    and some time Berserker ^)

+ Reply to Thread