+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: WoW Warrior Macros

hey mozman, im trying to find out if you can make a focus macro something along the line of /focus [target="whatever raid icon"

is there a way?

i want to be able to make a macro that makes a already marked target a focus just by the symbol without mousovering or targeting the mob with the symbol

I saw this question touched on but it didnt fully explain my question(probably since i am new to macros and have no clue). I was looking at a macro that was supposed to apply Revenge, if that is not available then it goes to shield slam, if not that then it goes to Devestate. Now it doesnt need to be smart enough to sense if these functions are available, but I do want it to cast them in that order. I have a G15 that i will use to repeat the macro on a set timer that will maximize its effectiveness (getting in 2 devestates while shield slam cools down). I believe that the timer should 1.5 secs

/cast [stance:2] Revenge; Defensive Stance
    /cast Shield Block
    /cast Devestate

I belive that this will cast the actions in the order listed? if one is not a vailable it will just go onto the next?

I should be able to then press a macro key on my keyboard every 6 secs that will then cast these actions in order of Revenge>Shield Slam>Devestate every 1.5 secs

Thnx

Lightbulb

Hey everyone!

I've been doing a bunch of research lately to in an effort to increase my TPS. I've currently adapted the following macro as a spam-all.

/cast devastate
    /cast heroic strike

My question is this: According to what i've read, anything that triggers the GCD will halt the macro and discontinue anything after the triggering ability. I'm curious to know if I can somehow create a macro that will achieve the following.

Devastate
    Heroic Strike
    Shield Slam
    Revenge
    Shield Wall

I know that's a lot to squeeze in, and I'm not sure if it's possible. However, if I include a seperate modifier for both shield slam (shift) and revenge (control), will it work? Also, what would the actual code look like. As far as I can tell, it would be something like this.

/cast Devastate
    /cast Heroic strike
    /cast [modifier:ctrl]Shield slam;[modifier:shift]Revenge
    /cast Shield block

In theory, line 3 should be ignored completely unless one of the modifiers is present, correct? Would this work? Or does the code need rearranging?

EDIT:

After further research, I've decided that this macro is valid, as only the last lines will trigger the GCD, shield block being default. A new question is: Can I set this macro up to ignore /cast shield block if shield block is currently up?
    Last edited by wicked_chicken; 01-30-2008 at 10:13 AM.

Tested: This macro WORKS! Pretty nice to be able to spam it and only have to tap an extra key to change my attack based on availability. Here's the tested macro!

/cast [modifier:shift]Shield slam;[modifier:ctrl]Revenge
    /cast Devastate
    /cast Heroic strike
    /cast Shield block

If you're wondering why the modifiers are first, it's because you don't want to drain your rage with the HS and Devastate.

nice one Wicked - tho I'm somewhat surprised both HS and SB work but then again why not!

@ Grakk - no can do

@ Maelstrom - you can't combine two or more abilities that invoke the GCD - so the Devastate wouldn't work...

I was actually pretty surprised that I was able to find a combo that worked. HS is Next Melee attack, so no cooldown, and Devestate is instant. Right now, If I'm my targets target, I can pretty much endlessly spam this, once again using the modifiers to alternate between my conditional attacks, which is fantastic as I don't have to move my mouse a pixel.

Hey all,

Myself being fairly noob to macro stuff (other then simple things) I would wonder if there is a way to pause the macro in between commands where there is a GCD.

Example, you cast something that has a 1.5 second GCD so then you have to hit the macro again to make the rest of it work but is there a /wait (or similar) command to allow the macro to pause for that given amount of time (persay /wait 1.6...) so that the macro may continue on without using it again?

Same thing with less mouse clicks. Any idea if that is possible?

so the way this macro works doe it cast revenge instead of sheild slam when it is up? also this must eat alot of rage so I don't ever see myself using it on trash.

I will use it on bosses though.

Does anyone have a mocking blow macro that works? looking for it to switch to battle, mocking blow, then back to defensive stance with as few clicks as possable but I have a feeling it is ganna be another zerker rage one where I have to click it three times.

@ Talani - Yes and no. When you spam the macro with left clicks (aka, like any other button in wow) the game simply cycles through these:

/cast Devastate
    /cast Heroic Strike
    /cast Shield Block

(Note: Due to the cooldown and duration of Shield Block, it will only ever cast if it is NOT up and you have the rage for it. I use Imp Shield Block, and as such the cooldown is the same as the duration.)

HOWEVER!

When you Shift-Click, the macro will cast Shield Bash.

NOTE: Due to the nature of macro's, DO NOT SPAM the macro while shift or alt clicking. It won't work.

All the computer is going to see when you Ctrl/Shift click is the line:

/cast [modifier:shift]Shield slam;[modifier:ctrl]Revenge

If I remember correctly, Revenge is on the GCD. Therefore, anything after that will be ignored by the game anyway.

So you might ask, what's the point of the macro? The answer is time.

I no longer have to move my mouse to cast any of my highest threat moves.

Also, you are correct. This macro is RAGE INTENSIVE. However, provided that I am my targets target, you should have enough. I'm currently running an rage efficient spec, so my rage goes farther than most as my Devastate and Heroic Strike are both 9 rage, and my revenge is practically free at 2.

@ Mudslinger - There is no way to pause a macro.

Hello!

I'm actually trying to organize some macros for Focus Target, can't suceed so far.

# Focus Interruption

#showtooltip [equipped:Shields] Shield Bash; Pummel
    /cast [stance:1/2,noequipped:Shields] Berserker Stance; [stance:1/2,equipped:Shields] Shield Bash; [stance:3] Pummel

This is the macro that Mozman shown in the article, now my problem is, I can't rework it for Focus Target. So the goal would be to make it cast the interruption (it depends on if we use a shield or not, and in what stance we are) withOUT targeting the Focus Target. Writing simply [target=focus] after the /cast didn't seem working.

# Focus Intercept and Focus Intervene

Now these macros (naturally talking about two different ones) were written with stance switches. So Focus Intercept is = switching to Berserker Stance, casting Intercept on Focus Target, and more likely withOUT targeting it.

Intervene would be the same, but on an exact character. Stance switch, casting Intervene on xy (friendly player's name) withOUT targeting him.

Any ideas there? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitstarter View Post
    Just a question on the whole raid icon macro thing, which I hope to get running before tonight's raid. I was also looking at the 'mouseover' sunder macro, and wondered if a mouseover raid icon would work?

When I'm tanking and raidleading, I like to get the next pull marked up asap to keep the pace up and people on their toes, being able to do this while still actively tanking the last mob would be nice.
    Just use the mod SimpleRaidTargeticons from curse.... I mark mobs soooo much faster, i was really slow before lol.

fury macro

Mozman et al...

I'm looking for a simple macro that will refresh Rampage and Battleshout when their down, tacked onto my main attack - Bloodthirst. So i'd hit a macro that would essentially be a Bloodthirst attack, but when Rampage and Battleshout are down it would refresh those instead.

Hey guys, long time reader, first time poster.

I was hoping ya'll might be able to help me with a little macro.

I'm looking to free up some action bar spaces with a macro that will activate the Horde PVP trinket, or if thats on cooldown, activate Will of the Forsaken.

Thanks guys!

@hamean that kind of macro is no longer possible, they took out lua conditional statements a while back ago, so there is no way of "checking" when something falls off. so you'll have to do it yourself =T

@heroicBug again, there's no conditional way of checking of the trinket is activated already or not but what you can do is do something like

/castsequence reset=120 /use Medallion of the Horde, Will of the Forsaken

I'm really not sure if that'll work since Medallion is a use, and not a cast, so moz would be able to help you better.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Looking for a macro that will

When im in beserker, switch me to battle and tclap then back to beserker, and when im in defense with sheild will only thunderclap with no stance change. If thats even possible.

it won't be a 1 button press gorgrim but here's what should work:

#Show Thunderclap
    /cast [stance:3] Battle Stance
    /cast [nostance:3] Thunderclap
    /cast [stance:1] Berserker Stance

What this should is if you're in stance 3, it'll switch to battle stance
    Pressing it again will fire off tclap since you're not in stance 3, (whether it be defensive or battle) and then if you are in battle stance, change back to zerker stance.

If you just mash this while in zerker,it'll work, probably will take 3 button presses but its mashable for sure. and likewise if its ind efensive stance, the only line that it'll do is the tlcap line,s o it should work just like thunderclap.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

how about a macro that when pressed regularly casts heroic strike but when you press shift it casts cleave?

Quote Originally Posted by HeroicBug View Post
    how about a macro that when pressed regularly casts heroic strike but when you press shift it casts cleave?
    /cast [nomodifier] Heroic Strike
    /cast [modifier:shift] Cleave

Check out my blog

I have a problem with the overpower execute macro Right now I have

#showtooltip Overpower
    /cast Overpower
    /cast Execute

So I think it should Overpower when it is able and Execute if Overpower is not available and the target is under 20%.

But it only seems to Overpower.

oh and on the top there is a macro that changes your stance to battlestance.

If you got a better macro for this then please help me out.

Thanks beforehand

Okay, i got a new toy! The Parachute Cloak, made from engineering.

Anyway, i need a macro that will switch out that cloak with whatever other cloak i'm using. If it helps, i'm using Perfectly Balanced Cape right now.

Thanks guys!

+ Reply to Thread