+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23

Thread: WoW Warrior Macros

Is there a way to set a macro to do 4 actions in sequence without Charge at the beginning but second?
    I was wanting something like Heroic Throw, Charge, Rend, Thunder Clap. Any help would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    not possible, conditional arguments were removed a longtime ago to prevent 1 button playing.
    What he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Smalldrink View Post
    Is there a way to set a macro to do 4 actions in sequence without Charge at the beginning but second?
    I was wanting something like Heroic Throw, Charge, Rend, Thunder Clap. Any help would be great.
    If you want to do a "cast sequence", use a "/castsequence".

Code:
    /castsequence Heroic Throw, Charge, Rend, Thunder Clap
    Though I can't vouch for the value such a sequence since these abilities you would want to use at different times during combat instead of just on the pull.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

I got a pretty useful set of macros for warrior tanks that are trying to hold heavy amounts of AoE aggro, and it's a very useful rotation. Some of the macros in my rotation I'm about to list below are reposts, but I don't really care, this works great if you do it right.

1. Heroic Charge (or whatever name you deem fit for your macro)*
    #showtooltip
    /cast Charge
    /cast Rend
    /cast Heroic Strike

2. Thunder Cleave*
    #showtooltip
    /cast Thunder Clap
    /cast Cleave

3. Concussive Shock
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=10 Shockwave, Concussion Blow

*Note: Heroic Strike and Cleave share the same CD, so if you use Heroic Charge first, you SHOULD only be able to cast the Thunder Clap portion of Thunder Cleave, but if you only spam Heroic Charge enough to get to Rend, then Thunder Cleave will go through the whole macro.

Thanks for the feedback, I didn't think I could set up that many but I wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something. I did set up a few that are helpful. I made one to cast heroic throw and charge and one that will cast revenge and cleave for AoE pulls. I am not very good with creating macros so those 2 are very simple.

/cast heroic throw
    /cast charge

And

/cast revenge
    /cleave

(very basic. LoL)

Smalldrink

Hello there! I'd like some help with a focus intervene/intercept macro. I've tried to modify the charge/interc/interv macro on the first page but to no avail.

From this:
    /cast [help,stance:2]Intervene; [help,nostance:2]Defensive Stance; [combat,harm,nostance:3]Berserker Stance; [nocombat,nostance:1]Battle Stance; [combat,harm,stance:3]Intercept; [nocombat,stance:1]Charge
    To this:
    #showtooltip [equipped:shields] Intervene; Intercept
    /cast [target = focus, help, stance:2]Intervene; [target = focus, help, nostance:2]Defensive Stance;[target = focus, harm, nostance:3]berserker stance; [target = focus, harm] intercept

It doesn't work unfortunately. What I want it to do is switch to defensive stance and intervene if my focus is friendly, switch to berserker and intercept if the target is an enemy. If possible switch to sword and board to intervene and a 2h to intercept but that is not a priority. Thank you for your time.

Focus charge is not needed, I have a different macro for that.

You don't need to switch to berserker stance as a warrior tank, you should already have points into the protection tree that make your intercept, charge, and intervene available regardless of stance.

I'm not Prot though, that's the thing

Quote Originally Posted by Blubbey View Post
    Hello there! I'd like some help with a focus intervene/intercept macro. I've tried to modify the charge/interc/interv macro on the first page but to no avail.

From this:
    /cast [help,stance:2]Intervene; [help,nostance:2]Defensive Stance; [combat,harm,nostance:3]Berserker Stance; [nocombat,nostance:1]Battle Stance; [combat,harm,stance:3]Intercept; [nocombat,stance:1]Charge
    To this:
    /cast [target = focus, help, stance:2]Intervene; [target = focus, help, nostance:2]Defensive Stance;[target = focus, harm, nostance:3]berserker stance; [target = focus, harm] intercept

It doesn't work unfortunately. What I want it to do is switch to defensive stance and intervene if my focus is friendly, switch to berserker and intercept if the target is an enemy. If possible switch to sword and board to intervene and a 2h to intercept but that is not a priority. Thank you for your time.

Focus charge is not needed, I have a different macro for that.
    A few months late & I dunno if you still need it (but hey, I just registered...). I think it would be easier to create an equipset with only the Sword & Shield and another with just the 2-Hander. All the other slots should be ignored by these equipsets. Then, when you upgrade your weapons, you just need to update these two equipsets rather than all your macros.

/equipset [stance:2] SwordBoard; [stance:3] 2H
    /cast [@focus,help,stance:2] Intervene; [@focus,help] Defensive Stance
    /cast [@focus,harm,stance:3] Intercept; [@focus,harm] Berserker Stance
    Last edited by keefbeef; 07-21-2011 at 02:18 PM.

Thanks for the reply But here's what I did in the end:
    #showtooltip [equipped:shield] intervene; intercept
    /cast [target=focus, help, nostance:3] Defensive stance; [target=focus, help, stance:2] intervene; [target=focus, harm, nostance:3]berserker stance; [target=focus, harm] intercept

The combat thing started to get annoying, so I removed it and it works fine.

Here's the normal target one:
    #showtooltip [equipped:shield] intervene; intercept
    /cast [help,nostance:2]Defensive Stance; [help,stance:2]Intervene; [harm,nostance:3]Berserker Stance; [harm,stance:3]Intercept

Useful alternative to \cast

I was having trouble setting up a Shield Block / Shield Slam macro.

I tried the usual

\cast shield block
    \cast shield slam

but the problem was that because SB was on CD I could not see when SS was available - this was frustrating.

So the alternative was to use \click.

I now use

\click [location of SB on action bar]
    \cast Shield Slam

Because SB is instant cast, if it is off CD it will fire first and SS will follow - all with one press of the button. All I need to do now is turn off the "I cant do that" warning when SB is on CD.

Hope this is useful.

Korkron

"#showtooltip <Spellname>" shows you whatever you want.

#showtooltip Shield Slam
    /cast shield block
    /cast shield slam

will do the trick. But i'd highly recommend not macroing both together. Shield block is one of our most important survival tools and there are times when you really want to delay it.. but not hitting shield slam at all during those periods isn't that great, is it?

Hi guys

I have been working on a save my ass macro for tanking and rated BG.

As far as i can see none of these spells have a global coldown, but i need to press it twice to activate Enraged regeneration.

Can anyone tell me what im missing here?

/use vicious gladiators emblem of tenacity
    /cast last stand
    /cast beserker rage
    /cast enraged regeneration

Red

I've made my own fury warrior macro set if you are interested in checking it out. Suggested uses as well as downloadable and with Installation Instructions.

Warrior - Fury Macro Set

Guys I'm searching for a macro that help me change stance with the press of a button did any1 knows one that could work?

You can keybind your stance bar, or alternatively drag the stances from you spell book to one of your other bars. You could use the following to cycle through all 3;'

/cast [stance:1] Berserker stance
    /cast [stance:3] Defensive stance
    /cast [stance:2] Battle stance

though i don't really get what good it would do

2 macros:

1)
    /cast [stance:1] Defensive Stance; [stance:2] Berserker Stance; [stance:3] Battle Stance

2)
    /cast [stance:1] Berserker Stance; [stance:2] Battle Stance; [stance:3] Defensive Stance

you could bind these to ctrl-scrollup and ctrl-scrolldown, that kinda thing. or just straight bind to buttons if that's too cumbersome.
    You never go full Rickotron.

+ Reply to Thread