+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: WoW Warrior Macros

Heres another macro question :

/castsequence reset=40 Shield Block, !Heroic Strike

How do I make it work so that by default it casts shield block, and will switch to heroic strike, when shield block on cd. Once 40 seconds is up, it goes back to shield block.

And repeat.

It currently doesnt work. I have also tried a few variance but none seems to work. They either dont switch back to shield block or they allow once a few heroic strikes an reset before 40 seconds.

Thank you in advance.

I added this warbringer macro

#show charge
    /castsequence reset=15 Battle Stance, Berserker Stance
    /cast [stance:3] Intercept; [stance:1] Charge;

Hey quick question, I'm trying to do a Shield Block, Shield Slam Macro, but everyone I try or create continues to show the Shield block Cool-down and not the preferred Shield Slam

Ewanar: add this to your macro..

#show Shield Slam

Awesome thanks you, now would this be right?
    /#showtooltip Shield Slam
    /Cast Shield Block
    /Cast Shield Slam

(in getting the tooltip to show as well?)
    I'm quite the noob to Macroing stuff,

The only other question I'd have is where would the ? go to change the icon to whatever (in this case Shield Slam)

I'm by no means a macro guru, but I think this should work:
    choose icon with '?' and type in

#showtooltip Shield Slam
    /Cast Shield Block
    /Cast Shield Slam

I need help

Hi,
    I'm trying to make a macro for when its all gone to hell and ur trying to stay alive long enough for that extra heal :-

/cast Last Stand
    /cast Lifeblood
    /use Fel Healthstone
    /use Crazy Alchemist's Potion
    /use Resurgent Potion
    /cast Shield Wall

but it just doesn't seem to work right I'm lvl 74 btw so no ER as yet, basically it seems not to work as i would like to use both shield wall and last stand.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

---------------- Listening to: King Sunny Ade - Ma Jaiye Oni via FoxyTunes
    Last edited by Elvira; 01-16-2009 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joacimcans View Post
    So i have read alot of this thread not all of it and i can't seem to figure out how to make this work.

What i want the macro to do is cast recklessness if i am in zerker stance and if recklessness is on CD or i am in battle stance i just want it to use execute.

This is what i have

/cast [stance:3] Recklessness;
    /cast Execute;

So this works in battle stance it casts execute all the time the problem is when i switch to Zerker stance it will just continually try to cast Recklessness even if it is on CD and it will not Cast Execute. The whole purpose of this macro is because i am terrible at remembering to hit recklessness while pvp specced and sudden death procs. currently i have mouse wheel up bound to just regular execute but i would like to get this macro to work and hit recklessness if i am in zerker stance and it is available.
    I'm afraid it will not ever work exactly the way you want it to. What you are trying to create is called a "fall-through" macro, and they disabled these specifically (along with all other 'intelligent' macros) when they revamped the API for TBC.

What you can try is this:

a.) Use a /castsequence macro, where you cast Recklessness first, then cast Execute a set number of times. The downside is that you have only a set number of Executes.
    b.) Use a [mod:<key>] conditional on Recklessness. The only thing this changes is that it puts Recklessness and Execute on the same button, though. If, for instance, you put [mod:alt] or [mod:shift] in the macro, you'd only use Recklessness if you pressed the corresponding modifier key first.

The best way is simply to learn to cast Recklessness first.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvira View Post
    Hi,
    I'm trying to make a macro for when its all gone to hell and ur trying to stay alive long enough for that extra heal :-

/cast Last Stand
    /cast Lifeblood
    /use Fel Healthstone
    /use Crazy Alchemist's Potion
    /use Resurgent Potion
    /cast Shield Wall

but it just doesn't seem to work right I'm lvl 74 btw so no ER as yet, basically it seems not to work as i would like to use both shield wall and last stand.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Your problem is clashing GCDs. Last Stand is not on the global cooldown, but Shield Wall is -- at least until next patch. You cannot cast more than one ability at a time that is on the global cooldown. I believe Lifeblood is also on the GCD, and that's where your problem lies.

Ewanar, you do not need to put the abilities on seperate cast lines. Writing the following works just as well:

#showtooltip Shield Slam
    /cast Shield Block; Shield Slam
    風林火山陰雷

ಠ ,ಠ
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - it's time to roll the dice

DEF stance weapon swaps

Ok, I just started a Warrior (Pally is my main) and I have read thru all 15 pages here.... I have a Macro to switch to Def. Stance AND switch to my one handed sword as well as my shield... The problem is that when I hit this button it works but after my shield gets on it unequips right after.
    Does any know of a Macro that works for shifting into Def. Stance and equips your tanking sword and board??

This is the macro I have so far, it works but I have to hit it twice to get my shield back on.I would like to hit it only once if possible....

#showtooltip Defensive Stance
    /cast Defensive Stance
    /equipslot 16 Haggard's Sword
    /equipslot 17 Militia Buckler

I just went in to test that macro, since it should work -- and it does for me. :/

I tried equipping a two-handed weapon, and went into Battle stance -- it immediately switched me to Def stance and equipped my MH and shield after only clicking it once.
    風林火山陰雷

ಠ ,ಠ
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - it's time to roll the dice

Hmmm... thats weird it works now. I deleted all of the outfits in Outfitter and it seems to work now. Thank you Norrath ^_^ I thought I was going crazy.

I didn't read the whole thread, so please don't crucify me. I'm relatively new to tanking, as I did no BC raids, and only one heroic. However I've tanked everything in WOTLK excluding 25 OS, naxx, and EoE. I've done all this without a single macro or addon. Is there a tutorial or list of basic macros i can use to make my tanking life easier, and my fingers less sore?

Thanx in advance.

Kom

the actual guide is the first post on this thread lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

yes, i saw that after i posted, please excuse my stupidity.

Most of the time I've been macro free, some macro's I liked were made obsolete. Such as the one button all health-stone. Which only one HS, no need for the macro.

Anyway let the crucifixion begin, also thanks, I finally toyed around with it and got it working perfectly!

I'm looking for an updated (i.e., Warbringer-friendly) macro that would allow the use of Charge/Intervene (target of target) and Intercept (mod:alt). How would this be scripted?

Is there still no way to set the tab distance?
    This:
    script SetCVar("targetNearestDistance", 10)
    /targetenemy
    /script SetCVar("targetNearestDistance", 41)
    Has not worked since 3.0 =(

Quote Originally Posted by Radhja View Post
    I'm looking for an updated (i.e., Warbringer-friendly) macro that would allow the use of Charge/Intervene (target of target) and Intercept (mod:alt). How would this be scripted?
    I'm at work now, I'm thinking this may work :

#show Charge
    /cast [modifier:ctrl] [target=targettarget, help] Intervene; [modifier:alt] Intercept; Charge

Will try it when I get home.

*ok tested, it works for me.
    Last edited by Juon; 01-31-2009 at 07:12 PM. Reason: testing the macro : results

If you remove [modifier:ctrl], it will automatically intervene instead of charge if the mob has a player targeted. It prob will do nothing if you are the one being targeted.

ill use:
    /cast revenge
    /cast heroic strike

whith this macro i got the heroic strike button above, so i can see if it is activated. using it a lot, because it is no CD skill.

if heroic strike button isnt activated, i spam revenge button. may be overreacted, but it works, got lots of rage and can always use it for better threat.

+ Reply to Thread