+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Devastating Weapons

Devastating Weapons

http://www.wowhead.com/?items=2&filt...crv=2.3:0#00Mz

That Wowhead filter gives a good list of your best bet for some high Devastate Damage.

Most Accessible: Vindicator's Brand
    Karazhan: The Decapitator
    Arena (2600ish points): Merciless Gladiator's Cleaver

I'm thinking that I'll be getting Merciless Gladiator's Cleaver for my Prot PVP set

I've never really understood switching weapons for devastate. You should write a entry about this on your site, Veneretio.

Hmm good call, I'll try to slot it in for Thursday. It should loosely apply to threat week.

edit: for more extensive reading...
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...447321&sid=1#0
    Armstrong's FAQ on Devastate is so good that I'll likely just summarize his stuff for lazy people and then link to it.

edit2: Here's the last line of his post that actually sums it up nicely...
    Devastate is a DPS ability conveniently placed in the Protection tree to provide warriors who choose to spec heavily into it with an option to contribute further to their raid's overall DPS while increasing their own threat generation, as well as to increase their damage while soloing.
    Last edited by veneretio; 07-23-2007 at 03:55 PM.

The Decapitator's 'use' is also very good - it has 40 yard range and hits for approx 550, so I don't 'need' a misdirect like the other offtanks

I have Kings Defender which I'll switch to after pulling with the Decap in 5 mans etc. even tho I'm axe spec atm. faster heroics just makes more sense when aggro is an issue.

When raiding tho I keep the Decap on - I can sunder fast anyway and usually have enough time to build decent threat before my trash is the raid target

+ Reply to Thread