+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Calculation of Shield Slam Damage?

Calculation of Shield Slam Damage?

How do we figure out how much Damage we should expect from our Shield Slams (without +% dmg buffs) ??

I know it's based off of Block Value, but I'm guessing this is modified by Attack Power? Any idea how to calculate the dmg you should expect?

Right out of Fortifications...

(BD + (SBV *1.3)) * 1.1

So for rough calculations... lets set BD to 0.. and SBV to 1.

This results in: 1 Block Value = 1.43 Damage

If you have decided that Shield Mastery(the 1.3 in the formula) and One-hand Specialization(the 1.1 in the formula) aren't your thing... (no idea why...)

This results in: 1 Block Value = 1 Damage

What's BD?

base damage!

430 is the average base damage at level 70.

Gah, I was editting it because I found the answer! GAH TOO SLOW!

Hi there. I'm new to the forums but can remember someone had quoted a formulae to maximise the damage potential of Shield Slam by using Impale and Death Wish or Enrage. Can't remember exactly what it was but was hoping someone might be able to post the formula?

I have stacked up on gear with + block value (including the gnomageren auto blocker) and wanting to know what talent build is best suited to get the best results with my shield slams

Thanks!

For talents the 5 pnts in cruelty will help , more crit chance equals more chance at a shield slam crit. I used to be agains using anything in the fury tree as a prot tank, but ive notice a huge rise in my shield slam crits and that equals nice aggro. Also having 2 pnts in IMP demo shout is great for raid bosses, and by the way 2 pnts is the max effective against raid bosses.

I have 9.38 ish % to crit and 440 SBV wich is getting me a average of 600 Shield slams and with on the high end a little over 2k crits.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

+ Reply to Thread