+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help with the gallery (please!)

Need help with the gallery (please!)

Galleries Online
    The gallery is live. This is a fully-featured addition to the website which operates much like the vBulletin forums. If you were eager, you could create your own photo blog out of the place... which is why it's called photoplog.

We need pictures in there. Ideally we want as many pictures of your Warriors as possible, because that's what people are going to be looking at first. Then, post pictures of your guild, or really anything at all.

How do I see full images?
    There's a bit of hierarchy involved in image display. You won't be able to see or download full images until you are on the actual page for that image. This is due to the scripting that allows these to be scaled quickly for all of the other pages.

If you are seeing the image on the forums, you need to find the corresponding image in the Galleries. Hopefully the post author has provided the URL to make this easier.

If you are seeing the image on Photoplog, it's as simple as clicking the link below the image.

Once you are on the page simply click the image. Then, if it isn't full size, mouse over the image and you will see an expander icon on the lower right corner. Click that and you'll see it. Right Click and Save Target As to save it.

How do I upload?
    Two quick ways to do this.
    1) Click "Galleries" at the top of the forum.
    2) Find the table titled "Gallery Navigation"
    3) On the lower left side of the bottom cell, click "Upload."
    4) Select a category and click "Continue."
    5) Fill in the blanks and upload.

Alternatively, you can click "Upload Images" when posting a new thread on the forums. This is found under your Smilies box. You can then post your images to threads via thumbnails by clicking "Images", like so:

Can I hotlink? Can I ...
    Yes. Feel free. So long as our bandwidth doesn't get scarce, you can feel free to hotlink images. Hotlinked images are set to their original size, and you can find their [img] tags in the thread itself.

I really want to see this section get used. I hope to see it become a great investment.

Um... not sure what I would exactly upload, but I'll find some stuff to upload to help you test it out.

I tried but I keep getting this message everytime I upload a picture:

Sorry, criss: No Item or Item is Now in Moderation Queue - Check Back Later

Alrite. Should work with no problems now.

If I click your name to look at your profile when using the gallery, I get an error message.

I think this error message happens whenever we go to check out anyones profile anywhere on the site.

yeah that issue is an annoying one. I'm working on it atm.

Oh, you're right!

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare vbflush() (previously declared in /home/cider/public_html/forums/inferno/engine/system_handlers/vBulletin/global.php:516) in /home/cider/public_html/forums/includes/adminfunctions.php on line 3359

Fixed that issue. May come back again, I had to fully disable the RPG installation, and eventually I need to get that running again.

Im also getting the: "Sorry, Narshe: No Item or Item is Now in Moderation Queue - Check Back Later"

In summary, TBC raiding is easy. 9/10 encounters can be summarized with 1 phrase. Stay out of the fucking fire.
    Panda Cub with a Gnome pet!

This doesn't make sense. Nothing should be moderated. I'll double check the settings...

Was it a comment? I just changed that setting, see if that fixes it.

Yes, it's fixed now (brb, I have to delete like 7 duplicated comments xDD)

In summary, TBC raiding is easy. 9/10 encounters can be summarized with 1 phrase. Stay out of the fucking fire.
    Panda Cub with a Gnome pet!

+ Reply to Thread