+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SSC/TK stats

SSC/TK stats

Hello,
    My guild is atm doing tries at Kael'thas. I never worried too much at my tanking stats but as I read more and more of the post and guides wroten here Im starting to think Im not gearing myself properly.

What do you think I should have in each of tanking stats? Im talking on an average fight where I dont need max stamina or max avoidance.

Dodge: 24.19%
    Parry: 17.63%
    Block: 31.62%
    Armor: 16649
    HP: 13.8 k
    Block Value: 523

Thx for your replies

In summary, TBC raiding is easy. 9/10 encounters can be summarized with 1 phrase. Stay out of the fucking fire.
    Panda Cub with a Gnome pet!

a bit more unbuffed hp couldn't hurt to lose a bit of dodge. fully raid buffed i'm sure your #'s are through the roof so yeh, sac maybe a bit of dodge to get more hp, its all about balance anyways.

Currently I have 2 Enduring Talasite and 1 Dodge gem in my t4 chest, I was thinking in switching them for pure Solid star of elune, maybe that will do.

I could also switch Autoblocker or Styleen for a +45 sta trinket. What do you think?

In summary, TBC raiding is easy. 9/10 encounters can be summarized with 1 phrase. Stay out of the fucking fire.

i'd keep the sbv ones, I find the mitigation for them to be awesome and the best way to scale your threat, especially since you have both, you should get sick threat from em.

the gems could probably be messed around with if you have 490 defense even without them. What gear choices do you have? maybe swap out your cloak (probably has +dodge) for something with stam/sbv or what not, cider is probably better at this than me, I've only been to gruuls and dps'd it =P

Cloak is Devilshark (22sta, 20def, 18dodge, 29sbv), I could get the Phoenix Wing Cloak from Al'ar (37sta, 22def, 27dodge) but I consider the blue so good that is hard to think in another.
    I can switch Boots of Elusion (34sta, 23def, 38dodge) with Battlescar Boots (18str, 28sta, 23def, 21parry, 2x12sta gems). That would lower a bit my avoidance, but I will get more stamina and getting parry instead of dodge is something I like to increase my threat generation.

My current average-raid gear: http://armory.wow-europe.com/#charac...7Thun&n=Narshe

I would fill out more stam. Your unbuffed health is quite low for how far you are in progression.

Looks like your goggles, chest, belt, gun could all go for +stam gems. You really shouldn't need all that def.

I was messing with my gear, switch some gems and enchants and I ended with these:

Dodge: 21.95%
    Parry: 18.39%
    Block: 31.50%
    Unbuffed HP: 14224
    Block Value: 394 (before talents, I guess that the final value will be around ~512)

I'm at a disadvantage in that I am not aware of what is the normal now (I took my extended leave before they reitemized everything with new armor and stats).

However, I'd wager a guess those stats are pretty darn good. Armor can be improved a bit, as can health, as can avoidance, but overall strong.

To get overall improvement I need to start getting some tier5 equivalent items, but the stupid bosses refuse to drop them >.<

Unbuffed HP: 14224
    Those are much better numbers. Nicely done.

yep, numbers look better, and more balanced, another option for the cloak is the farstrider cloak or whatever it's called from badge turn ints, lots of armor/stam and sbv if you've already got good avoidance/defense then its a nice swappable cloak to bring along. but yeh your numbers are through the roof O_o.

Yeah like everyone has mentioned and you probally already have done, swapping out the advoidance gems for the 12 stam gems is what you need to do.

I found that tryign to match the color setup for the Socketed items, to actually hold me back more then if i just ignore it and throw in all 12 stam.

I am not doing kael yet, and dont have more then one piece of T4 and my dodge and parry are at 19.5%, and my block sits at 21%, but I have 15k armoar and 15k health, so I am sitting pretty atm for what my guild needs me to do.

When I get more T4 I will get even better

+ Reply to Thread