+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does drinking a potion no longer negate Shield Block?

Does drinking a potion no longer negate Shield Block?

When last I tested, drinking a potion would temporarily remove your ability to Block.

I read that instant spells were fixed for Paladins and no longer negate block.

Could anyone test if this affects potions as well, or point me to a thread that may answer the question?

My best thought to test that would be to do the same thing in VC or some stupid instance / area with lots of low level mobs, equip just a shield, no armor or anything else, and do exactly as you described.

yeah those sound better than using stoneshields in ironforge during duels repeatedly like I did.

The other thing you can do is find 1-2 fast mobs, Shield Block, then drink. Remove some of your dodge/parry defense gear to where you are still able to get past the 100% against what you are fighting, but just barely.

Drink a pot or activate a trinket in a full instance run after using shield block. Then just search the log for the pots and look at the the lines below it, just another option.

I think the trinket activation might have similar effects to a pot too, atleast thats what I thought when I saw the trinket animation.

+ Reply to Thread