Horridon 10m discussion (not a QQ thread)
i didn't see a thread specifically for 490'ish geared raid groups to discuss strategies on this fight, and i think a lot of people are in that situation.
i don't want to debate the tuning or the 25 vs. 10 thing. i also don't want to discuss whether people struggling on this fight are "bad" or not. from what i've read, the fight gets a lot easier once you're in 500+ gear, but that doesn't help right now.
the first few pulls, it seemed impossible. after that, we started to make progress and i think it's going to be doable, but i'm looking for some tips. plus it helps me to write it out.
- resto shaman (me), resto druid (both ~492)
- prot pally, blood DK
- monk dps (healing offspec, but also has been the highest dps on the dangerous adds)
- hunter x 2 (both with blue weapons and of the opinion T14 hunter weapons didn't exist)
- destro lock
first door, alligator comes out and dies immediately. when the first wastewalker drops in, all dps single targets him. if each dps on average does ~80k on each big add, then it takes roughly 17-18 seconds to kill one. that also means each add will get 2 casts of blazing sunlight off. our priority is dino halfway > WW > croc > the rest. so we've got a fairly stable phase 1 that looks something like this:
t=20 WW#1 enters
t=20 3 sunlights
t=20 dispel 2, 1 left
t=28 dispel 1, 0 left (1 dispel available for tank stun)
t=35 3 sunlights
t=35 dispel 2, 1 left
t=38 WW#1 dies
t=40 WW#2 & 3 enter
t=40 6 new sunlights + 1 old sunlight
t=43 call for spriest mass dispel
t=43 dispel any left over
t=55 6 new sunlights
t=55 dispel 2, 4 left
t=57 WW#2 dies
t=60 dino enters
t=63 dispel 2, 2 left
t=65 dino drops orb (this temporarily removes 1 dps from the fight to channel)
t=70 3 new sunlights + 2 old
t=70 mass dispel
t=71 dispel any left over
t=80 WW#3 dies
this is all ok now, and we've got lots of mana. (side note: how is this phase handled with no priest??)
tank swap while moving to door 2. venom priest is what matters here: 6.3M hp, effusion 840k. priority is dino halfway > VP > effusion > the rest.
t=20 VP#1 enters, monk in charge of interrupts
t=33 VP#1 dies, SEEMS like no effusion is summoned
t=40 VP#2 & 3 enter, i target #3 for interrupts, dps all swap to #2
t=53 VP#2 dies, definitely seem to have some effusions by now because poison is stacking
t=60 dino enters
t=65 dino drops orb (again, temporarily removes 1 dps from the fight to channel)
t=75 VP#3 dies, LOTS of effusions up now
at this point, we clean up whatever adds are up and tank swap again. the druid is OOM from cleansing poison (i can't help with that) and i'm pretty low from spam healing the bleeds. we HAVE to figure this phase out using less mana.
questions about the second door:
- how many stacks of poison are worth dispelling?
- effusions or priests first? or put hunters on effusions?
- many times, VP #2 & 3 come out with #1 not quite dead. is this a must-fix item?
- who else can cleanse poison?
we've barely seen the third door, but i would love some tips about what to expect. we were going to try and slow/kite the adds to limit diseases and hero on the first warlord. note that neither myself nor the tree can cure disease.
some things that we learned that helped us:
- resto druid gets an extra poison dispel with symbiosis on paladin
- balance druid gets mass dispel from priest
- crocodile stun is interruptable - i try to always have one targeted during the first door
- most small adds are stunnable - capacitor totem + totem projection is very nice
- when you get targeted for charge, you have quite a bit of time to move and relocate the charge away from the raid
- all dps has to forget about aoe and focus on killing the dangerous stuff
i'm encouraged by posts that say it's downhill after door #3.
i'm really hoping for gear-appropriate suggestions. it's not helpful to post how easy the fight was for your 25m raid, or your heroic-farming 10m raid. but if you must, i've made it easy for you; just copy/paste here:
gg, easy fight is easy. my guild did it in 3 pulls, so it must be easy.
i shall pretend i have about the same gear as you, because i feel i would have downed it just as easily without the 20 extra item levels i got from farming heroics.
i shall say these things because it makes me feel strong! and it is important to me that you know that i am good and you are bad.