Dealing with the Rend Flesh bleeds in Stone Guard
Short question with longer ramifications.
How does your raid group reduce bleed damage?
As I understand it, any bleed effects (including and specifically, the Rend Flesh debuff on Stone Guard) can't be reduced by Armor*, meaning the druid Mastery doesn't help against it. (It does help against the melee attacks they do, though.) What I'm looking for is -- how can we reduce the amount of bleed damage the tanks are tanking on the fight, outside of the tank's own cooldowns?
- Disc priest shields apparently absorb some of the damage.
- So do pally shields.
- Hand of Purity (the Pally level 60 talent tier) looks like it'll help for 6 seconds out of every 30. This is probably the best way to go. The druid version of this isn't as good, since it's flat healing.
- Hand of Sacrifice
- Dwarven Stoneform
- Hand of Protection (of course, with the attendant threat drop...)
Also, honorable mention:
- Can one of our pally tanks confirm/deny that Divine Shield removes the bleed?
- Back in the beta, the Detox spell used to remove bleeds from the target, which would have made having a monk healer ideal for that fight. Sadly, that never made it to live.
Thanks in advance,
* Of course, if Armor does reduce bleed damage, then druids should stack eight zillion Mastery and call it a day. :)