Protecting Pandaria, a Prot Warrior Spreadsheet
For all those Warriors that understand the value of numbers, but just can't figure out how to make them work together ...
The Panda-Protector's Spreadsheet!!
The spreadsheet is (mostly) up-to-date with all the Mists of Pandaria mechanics. (see bottom for NYIs)
If you encounter any bugs or issues, post in this thread and I'll help you as much as I can.
Short explanation of the pages:
(Most should explain itself)
* Fill in all the yellow cells with (unbuffed) Armory numbers. The numbers next to it will show the effective in-raid numbers.
* Fill in boss damage for Damage Reduction tab.
* There are some initial fast-answer numbers here such as Parry/Dodge ratios, Austere vs Eternal, SB vs SBar,...
* Tab to adjust raid buffs, talents, glyphs, set bonuses,...
* A small comparison between talents is listed, but they are relatively crude, as they don't take lost DPS from GCDs into account and assume you use them straight on the cooldown.
* Detailled math on all numbers per ability. (Average Damage/Threat, actual crit chance,...)
* Allows you to set multiple target tanking as well as including procs into the initial skill for a per-button-press view.
* Short table to calculate your rotation's total DPS & TPS (Deep Wounds is only added if you didn't include them into Dev/TC uses in your Abilities tab).
* Rage gain estimation for SB/SBar guesstimates.
* Perfect to check TPS from combat log parses or to adjust priorities/rotations on target dummies.
5. Damage Reduction
* All things defensive:
* Damage Reduction from Armor & Avoidance and how much bosses actually hit you for.
* Results of EHP, TankPoints (HP/Damage Reduction) and Burst Time (see link) models.
* Stat values for the above models for all stats, taking into account your talents & environment.
* Item Comparison tool for stat values of both TankPoints and Burst Time models (or a combination of both)
Changes since the last Cataclysm version:
* I've colored all "hidden/background" text blue grey. This includes hidden uptime tables, elixir lists and large parts of calculations that are repeated in several cells. Feel free to ignore those cells, they are only non-white so you don't accidently write over them. If you like reading that data, knock yourself out!
* Stats page now suggest an ideal parry rating value and parry/dodge ratio, based on your current dodge rating and optimal efficiency.
* Austere vs Eternal breakpoint calculation based on your current mastery levels.
* Some basic talent comparisons.
* You can opt to include procs into abilities, which funnels glyph, Deep Wounds & Ultimatum damage into the abilities that proc it.
* The damage reduction tab now includes an option for rage generation, including hit/expertise rating values.
* I had to up the Burst Time values to 1:10.000 because of how the model works with ratings & damage. The relative values are still the same.
* I'm missing base strength/stamina/agility values for most races, I will add them once I have time finding an example armory of all possible prot warrior races, currently using a single estimate for all races.
* Crit/dodge scaling from Agility is currently missing, I hope to add it once someone can find me some scaling data.
* Bloodbath/Stormbolt rotation fields haven't been added in yet, I'll do that once I have time.