From lvl 1 to Deathwing!
Hi, as you can see I'm new here. ^^
Stopped playing wow a year ago and I actually never finished a raid. Mostly I played pvp with my friends fairly successful (Gladiator title - wotlk) with our rmp. I was playing priest. So long story short I thoght I can't retire without one decent raid!
So this is me asking for advices what is the quickest way to gear myself up for Deathwing. I'm beggining with a level 1 priest on different server, 0 gold and I don't know anyone to top it all off I don't have any pve experience.
I would do it like this:
1. Level to 85, professions: Herbalism and Mining for lots of gold (for buying bind on equips at max level).
2. Get into normal 5 mans and 5 man heroics.
3. Get into the ZA/ZG 5 mans and do Baradin Hold weekly.
4. Get into BWD/BoT/To4W PuGs (raids), maybe you can find a sympathetic Firelands raid looking for a warm body to make up the numbers.
5. When 4.3 drops get into the new 5 mans.
6. Use the Raid Finder to get into the Dragon Soul raid and get into Firelands PuGs to fill out missing slots.
7. Get Deathwing dead.
Wow, thank you very much.
1. By taking those 2 professions will I be able to see both ore and herbs on my minimap?
2. Normal and heroic 5 mans, I can que them in dungeon finder, right?
3. I suppose ZA/ZG means Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub 5 mans? (I can que them too, right?)
Baradin Hold (I read about it) it is basically VoA in Cataclysm? (Does it matter if it's 10 man or 25 man)
4. BWD, BoT, To4W and if I get into Firelands PuGs, np
5. Any ETA on that patch?
6. Raid finder, oh god if that's going to be what I think it's going to be then AWESOME
2. Yes. some require a certain average item level
3. See 2. As for the other question, all raids share a lockout between 10 and 25 man, so you can only do one of them per week (do 25 man baradin)
6. no idea
6. Raid finder is going to be pretty good i think. It is a raid comprised of 25 people. There will be 2 tanks, 6-7(?) healers, and 16-17(?) DPS (I don't remember if it's 6 or 7 healers). It will be at a slightly easier level than the actual raid. Which will, yes, be an AMAZING tool for preparing people for the normal mode if you are looking to join a raiding guild because it will teach you the basic mechanics of all the fights as well as gear you up.
The bonus to doing 10man Baradin Hold is being able to do a 10 class run. That way, if it drops for your class, it goes in your bags. Otherwise, 25s are always superior because of the INCREASED CHANCE that something will drop you can use. Also, yes BH is basically Cataclysm's version of VoA.
You also get 20 extra Valor Points for doing 25 man Baradin.
Nice. Sadly, just about every computer I've had ends up with terrible lag in 25s so I've only attempted 25 man raids a couple times (Wrath Naxx and ToC). 10s are about all this POS can handle.