Tankspot's Blizzcon 2011 Info feed - DAY ONE
Good morning to all of you on this first day of Blizzcon!
Let us begin!
- CONFIRMED: This year we shall hear the next expansion that is being announced at 3:30EST! Stay tuned for the Title!
- TITAN will NOT be discussed from the pre-show's statement.
- 800.000 $ given to Make a Wish Foundation thanks to the Moonkin pet sales
- D3 will be Free for World of Warcraft subscribers that buy a Year's worth of WoW time. This is a contract with Blizzard you have. If you don't cancel for a year, you're in. Also, you are given a mount in WoW AND immediate access to beta entry for the next WoW Expansion!
- War is Coming! The New Expansion: MISTS OF PANDARIA
- Added a new class: Monk. The whole scene shown looks to be very eastern oriental feel. New Race: Pandarian. Will be played by both factions. They make a choice between Alliance and Horde.
- Pet Battle System, new Talent System, Pandaria island, Dungeon Challenges, Level 90 cap, oh my!
Intermission with Chris Metzen:
- No plans in updating current character models.
- There will be some bad guys in the World of Pandaria that are native to the land.
- Issues with Pandas with China? - "At the end of the day we made a commitment to be responsible and sensitive to these creatures."
- PvP: Lil tricky here. It seems like it might be less about fighting and more about relax, passive and more lighthearted.
INFO ON ANNUAL PASS: http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&tag=D3WoWFAQ&rhtml=true
Intro to Mists of Pandaria Panel:
- New things to do, Get people back into the world (Finally gonna address the lack of world interaction)
- Do what you want to do to progress your character. Quests, and other fun lil things for endgame to progress.
- Different talent trees, more interesting mixes (missed some of this, info will be nice in the thread.)
- World of Pandaria: 5 new level up zones, single, unified continent, influenced by asian landscapes, AH, Bank and Centra Questing Hub. No flying until MAX level (Level 90 btw.)
- Lore of Pandaria: Long, storied history. magically hidden since The Sundering. New land to explore. It's Alliance vs Horde so we'll have a lot of people sniffing abouts and trying to get resources. Might be interesting to see world pvp brought back.
- The Wandering Isle: Panderen start zone...it's a FRIGGEN TURTLE! Story focused with simple mechanics, And it's a cross faction to choose between Horde or Alliance at level 10.
- Creatures of Pandaria: Jinyu: Fish like creatures. Hozu: Monkey type race. Verming: .....OMFG IT's A RABBIT! Mantid: Looks like a Praying Mantis. With culture! Mogu: Look like an Orc but ...no, that's an orc like creature. Sha: Wisp/Evil Energy. Shadowform creatures.
- The Jade Forest: Alliance and Horde are going to land here. Lands after a naval battle. Horde is north, Alliance is South. Lush rainforests and stone spires. This is where you will first meet the Hozu and Jinyu. Alliance will try to befriend Hozu, and Horde will try to befriend Jinyu. They're gonna try to turn both races against each other and this causes the Sha to appear. There's a dungeon: Temple of the Jade Serpent. (The dungeon is the Sha have taken over and because you caused the mess, you gotta go cleanse it.)
- Valley of the Four Winds: Two zones within one big one. You'll get to choose between south or North when you first get into the zone. It's a Panderen Farmland section, has Costal Jungles. There's a huge Stormstout Brewery (Sounds like it's a dungeon.). You will first interact with the Mantid here.
- New Features in the Expansion explained by Greg Ghostcrawler Street: New Race - Panderen. Can be either Horde or Alliance. Cannot be Death Knight, Druid, Paladin, Warlock.
- Panderen Racial: Increasts the stat benefits from food. Gourmand - Cooking skills +15, Inner Peace - Rested experience last twice as long. Bouncy - 50% less damage. Quaking Palm _ touch a secret place and ...Incapacitates (if i read that right. Went too fast on me. Damn you GC.)
- Class: Monk -Brewmaster - Tank! Drunken Master, hoooooo. Mistweaver: Healer. Healer that can stand up in melee. Bout time! Windwalker - Melee DPS ("Punch someone in the face!") -insert not a hero class quip, level 1 accessible-, Very Martial Arts based. Lots of Monk-only animations.
- Monk races: Goblin and Worgen CANNOT be Monks.
- Monk EQ: Hit a lot with hands and feet, need weapons for finishers. - Staves, Fists weapons, one handed axes, maces, swords, Offhand for healers. Leather wearers. (Author's note: Probably going to be mimicking the druid in stat requirements.)
- Monk Resources: Chi: energy used for Jab and Roll. Jab generates light or dark force. Some finishers take light or dark forces. ...oooh THIS is creepy. This class has NO autoattack. Bar is currenty in the middle of the screen. odd placement. BAHAHAHAH They have TANSENKUKEN!
- In Cata:
Pro: Level 10 spec, Removed the junk, There are some choices.
Cons: Risk of skipping core talents, Didn't remove enough junk, not enough choices, not enough customization, no true hybridization, Players are quite grumpy about the Talent Trees!
- In Talent ....system...GONE!?!?!...psyche. Greatly changed though!
Three types of abilities: Class abilities. Spec Abilities, Talents. Talents should be 'optional'
Specs: Choose spec at level 10, get a spec at level 10, get additional spec abilities later - Old talents you need to have, old core abilities not every spec needs.
IE Prot paladins:
Level 10: Avenger's Shield
20: HoR (Ret too)
30: Judgement of the Just (passive)
- No talent points or Ranks, One talent tree PER CLASS. Earn talents every 15 levels. Every talent, you choose one out of three. There are NO mandatory talents. Change talents as easily as glyphs.
They'll show every class after this and their talents (5:15pm)
- Short instances for a few players. They will be staged experiences. one of the examples given was a quest called Defense of Goldshire, which allow you to do three stage with different 'objectives'. It's like a chain quest of sorts. They are just changed one at a time.
- "PvE battlegrounds": Think BGs but with NPC types. For example used, Battle of Grizzly Gulch (GG). Objectives: Slay soldiers, destroy battlements, then kill boss.
- There are no player collisions, and could replace group quests.
- You queue and Go, pretty much like the Dungeon Finder. There's absolutely no role requirements; you should have very short queues for this.
Challenge Mode Dungeons:
- Memories of the 45 Minute Baron run in Strat are what inspired this: Complete dungeons within x amount of minutes. You earn Bronze/silver/gold medals. All gear levels are normalized. your Gear is scaled down to a standard level. You can't really get better gear to overpower stuff. You get sweet looking gear with No stats (Transmogrify much?) and Valor Points.
Pet Battle System:
Collect, level and battle with companion pets, accessible to all players, works with almost every pet. Customize your pet (...pokemon..?)
- Collect: This will work with existing pets. You can also get "Wild pets". There is a pet journal (omfg, there are some pokemon in my WoW.) Can trade pets now. Account wide pets!
- Level: You win battles with your pets to gain experience and level. You learn new abilities you can use in battle, and you can create builds using abilities.
- Battle: PvE and PvP battles. Turn based combat...You fight with a team of three pets, and there is a queuing system.
- Customize: Name your pets, can give them an item. You can do individual builds and teams. You can meet masters and fight them and get abilities.
- 9 awesome new dungeons 6 dungeons across Pandaria. Heroic updates of classing dugeons: Scholomance and Scarlet Monastery.
Three new Epic raids, feature two new enemy races: Mogu and Mantid, Raid finder will be added in these for normal and heroic. And the reintroducing World Bosses!
- Increased focus on the max level content stuff. We're talking about multiple hubs, incentives for dungeons and raiders. More quest choices, less linear. No more flying till max level so people don't go flying all over the place and getting advantages over others. Faction improvements: more incentive and more options to go and get some gear they want.
- New battlegrounds: New styles of battlegrounds - (Payload, Murderball, DOTA style.), New arena (Tol'vir Proving Grounds).
- STV Diamond Mine BG: Payload gameplay: You pretty much gotta escort mine cars to the depot. Got multiple tracts. First one to get to x resources wins.
- Valley of Power: (Murderball) - Located in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms (somewhere in Pandaria). You hold the object, which is more points. Multiple point zones. Object does damage to the holder and the damage increases over time. Showing a map of the way that the further you are from the middle, the less points you accumulate.
- Tol'vir Proving Grounds - New Arena. Located in Uldum. It's a simple layout based on the Nagrand Arena. Uses Uldum artstyle.
- Account bound Achievements will be added!
Major class changes:
- Resilience will be a base stat. As you get pvp gear, you'll get up to the regular amount with addition of gear.
- Ranged Weapons: Hunter Minimum Range - GONE! Hunter Melee Weapon: GONE! Ranged Slot for all others - GONE!...oooh. Relics - GONE! Rogue and warrior can will throw their weapons, Wands will become main hand weapons.
- Warlocks...GONE!...not. Unique resource for every spec. Affliction will be having Soul Shards. Demonology will have Demonic Fury. You beat stuff and when you get to max Fury, you turn into Demon Form. Destruction - Infernal Embers will be one of those hard to build up but once you do, you will do big damage with your fire spells.
- Shaman: Buff Totems...GONE. :O All totems are now utility totems. Earthgrab totem does a root. Repulsion totems repels people. Bulwark totems which absorbs.
- Druids: Always felt like they had four specs...SO NOW THEY DO! Feral - cat melee. Guardian - Bear (tanking). Some overlap between the two, And all druids will still go cat or bear form.
- All Classes - Spell books have been cleaned up. Rotations have been improved. The spells are now learned right there on the field, no need to go back to the trainer (He will stay for respec.) Several new spells, specs more developed and talent trees are going to be made more FUN.
WORLD OF WARCRAFT CLASS PANEL:
- Talents 2.0: Major talent changes.
- Goal: The goal is to stand beside another toon, like a rogue, and both of you have different abilities! Character customization was the original points of talents in the first place. Players have argued for more talent customization.
- New Model: Class abilities: All warriors will learn Heroic Strike. Spec Abilities: Only Arms warriors learn Slam. Talents: Any warrior can choose Throwdown.
- Many core abilities for Warriors: Enrage is one that is in there for all warriors.
- At level 10, you get to choose your spec: Warriors - Arms/Fury/Protection. A panel is shown for what you get as you gain levels.
- At level 15, you pick your talent. Three items are placed in the row that have the same goal. For Warriors, movement will be dependant on your style of gameplay.
- Talent Philosophy: Gives you access to stuff that wasn't accessible. (Rogues now all can get Shadowstep for example.). There are several new, overpowered (feeling) talents. Raw powerful talents to make you feel powerful. If you don't see a talent you really enjoyed, don't worry; it's probably been given to your spec. IE: All Holy Priests have Circle of Healing. The hope is to make sure that you feel like you don't have any mandatory talents!
Screenshots for classes!
Tier 1: Diseases. Roiling Blood/Corpse Explosion/Outbreak
Tier 2: Survivability: Lichborne, Anti-Magic Zone, Bone Shield
Tier 3: Movement/control: Death's Advance/Chilblains/Asphyxiate (this will be awesome.)
Tier 4: Self Healing: Death Pact/Death Siphon/Vampiric Blood
Tier 5: Runic changes: Blood Tap/Runic Empowerment/Runic Corrupiton
Tier 6: CC: Gorefiend's Grasp/Remorseless Winter/Desecrated Ground
Tier 1: Cat theme: Feline Swiftness/Displacer Beast/Tireless Pursuit
Tier 2: Healing Tier: Nature's Swiftness/Renewal/Cenarion Ward
Tier 3: CC: Faerie Swarm/mass Entaglement/Typhoon
Tier 4: Cool Tier: Wild Charge/Incarnation/Force of Nature
Tier 5: Bear Theme: Demoralizing Roar/Ursol's Vortex/Bear Hug
Tier 6: Shapeshifter styles: Heart of the Wild/Master Shapeshifter/Disentaglement
Tier 1: Arrows and Ammo: Frozen Arrows/Arcane Arrows/Venom Tipped Arrows
Tier 2: CC Tier: Silencing Shot/Wyvern Sting/Intimidation
Tier 3: Disengage Tier: Posthaste/Evasiveness/Exhilaration
Tier 4: Survival: Crouching Tiger, Hidden Chimera/Aspect of the Iron Hawk/Spirit Bond
Tier 5: Resources: Fervor/Readiness/Thrill of the Hunt
Tier 6: Traps: Flash Freeze/Black Ice/Transmorph Trap
Tier 1: Frost Tier: Ring of Frost/Cone of Cold/Frostjaw
Tier 2: Survival: Greater Invisibility/Cauterize/Cold Snap
Tier 3: Movement: Presence of Mind/Scorch/Arcane Flows
Tier 4: Escape/Control: Mana Shield/Blazing Speed/Ice Barrier
Tier 5: Polymorph: Sickly Polymorph/Heavy Polymorph/Double Polymorph
Tier 6: Crowd Control: Blast Wave/Dragon's Breath/Slow
Tier 1: Movement: Speed of Light/Long Arm of the Law/Pursuit of Justice
Tier 2: CC: Fist of Justice/Repentance/Seal of Justice
Tier 3: Survival tier: Blessed Life/Sacred Shield/Ardent Defender
Tier 4: Healing Tier: Selfless Healer/Eternal Glory/Holy Shield
Tier 5: Utility tier: Veneration/Acts of Sacrifice/Clemency
Tier 6: Burst/CD: Holy Avenger/Sanctified Wrath/Divine Purpose
Tier 1: Control: Void Tendrils/Psyfiend/Psychic Scream
Tier 2: Movement: Body and Soul/Path of the Devout/Phantasm
Tier 3: Damage/Healing: From Darkness, Comes Light/Divine Star/Archangel
Tier 4: Survival: Desperate Prayer/Angelic Bulwark/Final Prayer
Tier 5: Power: Twist of Fate/Power Infusion/Serendipity
Tier 6: Health Control: Vow of Unity/Void Shift/Vampiric Dominance
Tier 1: Stealth: Nightstalker/Subterfuge/Shadow Focus
Tier 2: Control/Survival: Deadly Throw/Nerve Strike/Combat Readiness
Tier 3: Survival: Cheat Death/Leeching Poison/Improved Recuperate
Tier 4: Speed: Preperation/Shadowstep/Burst of Speed
Tier 5: Debuffs: Deadly Brew/Brew/Paralytic Poison/Dirty Tricks
Tier 6: Damage CDs: Killing Spree/Shadow Dance/Vendetta
Tier 1: CC: Frozen Power/Earthgrab Totem/Repulsion Totem
Tier 2: Survival: Nature's Guardian/Stone Bulwark Totem/Astral Shift
Tier 3: Snare Avoidance: Improved Ghost Wolf/Windwalk Totem/Tranquil Mind Totem
Tier 4: Healing tier: Healing Tide Totem/Ancestral Guidance/Fortifying Waters
Tier 5: Burst: Elemental Mastery/Nature's Swiftness/Echo of the Elements
Tier 6: High Concept Tier: Elemental Harmony/Totemic Restoration/Totemic Projection
Tier 1: Regen Health: Dark Regeneration/Soul Leech/Harvest of Life
Tier 2: Control: Howl of Terror/Mortal Coil/Shadowfury
Tier 3: Survival: Hour of Twilight/Soul Link/Sacrificial Pact
Tier 4: Heal/Avoid Damage: Bloodstone/Spell Drain/Nether Ward
Tier 5: Pet: Grimoire of Supremacy/Grimoire of Service/Grimoire of Sacrifice
Tier 6: Demon themed: Archimonde's Vengeance/Kil'jaeden's Cunning/Illidan's Guile
Tier 1: Charge: Juggernaut/Double Time/Warbringer
Tier 2: Health/Survival: Enraged Regeneration/Second Wind/Impending Victory
Tier 3: CC: Throwdown/Piercing Howl/Cripple
Tier 4: Silence: Gag Order/Rude Interruption/Disruption Shout
Tier 5: Burst/Resource Management: Deadly Calm/Death Wish/Bull Rush
Tier 6: Power attacks: Bladestorm/Shockwave/Avatar
NOTE: None of these are set in stone. These are the ideas what they're going towards.
Dungeons and Raids Q&A
Challenge Mode: Players looking for a bigger challenge will be looking at this mode. Timed Dungeon runs to earn medals. The skill factor will be more important than the gear in this mode. Gear rewards will be mostly for Transmogrification. No stats on the gear; just awesome looking stuff for bragging rights. Leaderboards will be introduced and will be more for bragging rights and having fun with guildies and B.Net versions.
Raids: Three new raids are being introduced in Mists of Pandaria. Liked the Cataclysm model of two raids with 5-6 bosses and one with a couple. Features mostly the new enemy races of Mogu and Mantid. Raid Finder/Normal/Heroic modes will be inserted for these raids.
- Located atop Kun-Lai Summit, Six boss raids, and you will explore the secrets of the ancient Mogu empire.
Raid Finder discussion:
- Seeing how they're talking about dungeons and raids, they have decided to speak about the Raid Finder a bit. The reason it was done was on the success of Dungeon Finder. This allows for a wider accessibility for people to see raids as they seemed to dislike the amount that could see their work. This is going to be a lower difficulty, and rewards will be lower than normal mode loot. This finder will be launched in 4.3, and will be in all raids for 5.0 (MoP). Vanity Items will not be available in Raid Finder. Achievements for specific bosses will not be active either. An achievement will be done for doing the Raid Finder stuff, but it will not give you specific boss achievements for metas. 25 man raids will be the only type of raids as it's easier to fill out and lowers the time on the queue.
Goals for Panderan:
- Short focus is the goal. Halls of Origination was a little too long. Had to nerf stuff. They want to keep it short and focused. They will also not set up groups to fail. Dungeon Journal was actually made for this purpose so you can see what happened if a wipe happens. The dungeons and raids in this expansion will be more lighthearted and more fun like. It's allowing designers to be creative and put a whole eastern feel to the game as well as wacky new ideas they could put in. They also will give dungeons a part of the world, feeling as if you were actually still in the world. (Think the current AQ when flying over.)
Q&A session: (Underlined is the question asked)
Gear scale in dungeons, will it go up or down: the gear will scale up. They've been thinking about to scale the monsters up instead and give the gear the same feeling instead of feeling weaker.
Dungeon/Raid finder - Can we queue for old dungeons BC and Wrath: Not sure if it's needed for those raids as most people use the old dungeons for achievements and getting transmog gear. It's not off the table but more of a question of interest and people.
Outdoor dungeons did exist before but not in this expansion (Cata). Why go back to this version: Agreed that some did actually exist but not in the fashion. Quests will be available in the outside world for solo while you can enter the dungeon as well. Both will be interactive. Historically they had to scale them smaller.
Quests in Raid Group: Good question, not sure why they have it like this and they may be removing the no quest restriction in raids!
Kick Process - 3 hour cannot boot when a dungeon is 20 minutes: the number is modified dynamically by the amount of times a person was booted/did the booting. This is a way to moderate the whole kick process to be able to be kicked but not for the lulz.
Tiers went from 12-13 bosses to 7-8 bosses in Cata. Is there a reason: Depends on the tier and what they want to give out as gear. They haven't figured it out yet.
Jump of difficulty between normal and heroics and how people would only do a couple of normals: Currently no plans of having level 90 dungeons; will only have Heroics. It'll be Level dungeons/heroics/raids.
Hardmode Toggling - can we get have more hard modes triggered by doing specific things such as pushing a button for mimiron hard mode in Ulduar: Liked the ulduar concept, but it was difficult to come up for every single boss a method to activate it.
Legendary questchain - Can we get more of these so we can give them to people we want to give them to: We could, but at this point you'd lose the idea behind 'a legendary'. IE: Rogue daggers feel and sound like they work for it.
10/25 man lockout has caused problems with off spec. Is the content going to be satisfy us enough to want to play our offspec: Lockout is nonexistant and you can join the raid finder with friends as a group. Trying to make everything fun for everyone. Still discussing about the 10/25 lockout since implementation. You never know.
Classic dungeons going up (Stockades - HOGGER!): Might do some more, they're fun to do and well received by the community. Everyone loves Hogger!
Can we expect to see to nerfed content every time?: No, not something we nerfed the raids for. Nerfed the content so everyone can see it. The 4.3 raid will be great and EPIC.
For competitive raiders - Server first achievements, is there a way to separate achievements between 10s and 25s: Discussed about, understand the fact that 10 and 25 have different difficulties between each other. Something we can't promise but we'll see.
Challenge Mode for raids: There is a chance. Starting with dungeons and seeing if they work out and want to see how it is received by the community. Was discussed to nerf gear all every 5% each time once challenge passed Gold so it is more challenging.
Separate fields of progression (4 bosses per section to progress): it's been discussed and may definitely happen.
5 Minute warning!
Abyssal Maw Raid was never released. Will we see it?: Never really got into the story of Cataclysm. It just didn't 'fit' when they were thinking. The concept art is about as far as they had gotten.
Great question - Hit expertise will be lowered by a percentage due to lowered ILVL. how are you going to fix people who get to the cap only: Top men are working on this!