Hey so this is my 1st post here and I wanted some help.
Yesterday I was tanking Majordomo and healers said that I was harder to heal than
the other tank, a Druid. I don't know much about changes in 4.2; so I reforge my stuff
Mastery > Parry > Dodge. Hit at 4%, Expertise at 8.
I decided to keep Hit and experise that low because I have no problems holding aggro.
I also carry my own Elixir of the Master Potions and Elixir of Deep earth potions.
Just wanted to know if you could tell me what to change about my items; here is my armory:
Edit: I use "Essence of the Eternal Flame" because of the nice 3% block it gives, and the extra 2% parry, besides it's usefull while killing Allizrazor's birds.
Can't comment on why you're harder to heal than your druid buddy, as we have different mechanics and human error/perceptions play a big role. But regarding your gearing, here are some little adjustments that you could do to maximize your survivability.
- Get rid of your two expertise gems and put in Fine ember topaz.
- Use the Dodge enchant for your bracers instead of expertise
- Reforge Hit to mastery on your back, weapon and ring, rather than your survival stat to mastery
- Undo your gloves reforge
- Get the BS crafted boots if you can
- and in general, if you want to reforge an avoidance stat to mastery, usually try to reforge Parry rather than Dodge as you will naturally have more Parry due to raid buffs.
You don't have to do any of those things but if you wanted to max your survivability, try them out, especially the expertise and hit related points. If you're not having threat issues, then don't aim for a specific hit and expertise value.
Overall though your stats are fine and there is no reason why you won't be able to handle normal Firelands damage. Just use your cooldowns (personal and raid) correctly.
Oh and get the other throwing weap Deflecting Star instead of Giantslicer when you can.
Avoid hit/expertise at all costs, as close to 0 as possible.
Stats aside, 'harder to heal on majordomo staghelm' might also mean:
- turning your back to the adds/boss, negating all that avoidance in the cat phase
- not putting demo shout and thunder clap on new add spawns (raid comp dependent)
- not making good use of defensive cooldowns
Moved over to the HALP forums.
Here's why just so people are a lil confused about it:
When it has to do with a couple of pieces or purely enchanting, then the Gear and Enchanting forums are the best place to put it. But if it's a full lookup of your gear and character, then it's best to send it over here to the Halp forums
I hope this helps clear up some people's ideas of what goes where. I know when I was a newer user, it was a lil tough to figure out for me as well =) Happy gaming!