The Arms Warrior Idiot Guide (video).
As some of you ladies and gents may be aware, I'm a tank (look at my gear - iz obvious). However, I admit to always enjoying playing Arms and a couple of guildies of mine who've levelled up wanted a bit of a steer on how to play Arms because I'd always spoken of my love for it.
This is the result:
Now, given that I'm not exactly great regardless of spec and that I don't get to play Arms so much, I was hoping more experienced peeps could give me a bit of feedback and steering on what they like, what they loathe and what I've made a mess of.Comments on content are welcome, as are comments on the video style. Personally, I dislike the format of many of these video guides, so I've tried to be as fast paced and logical as possible, while being relatively light-hearted at the same time.
Naturally, my own opinions shine through on the more mechanistic sections, so feel free to rip that up if I'm way off base, too.Also, I've appended some thoughts from feedback already received from the WoW Europe warrior forums - this, too, is up for review from players. :)
1) I left out Recklessness as it wasn't specifically an Arms cooldown, yet did concentrate on other things that weren't necessarily Arms specific either; an inconsistency I wouldn't repeat if I did it again. I was determined to keep the video under 10 minutes as well, but intelligent cooldown management is one of the major contributors to strong DPS so I should definitely have included it.
2) If I did it again, I'd probably make an entire section relating to Bladestorm. I hastily covered it from the pure damage perspective, but not from the utility angle where it shines. This is an oversight I'd fix, probably by showcasing all of the circumstances where it can be really useful.
3) Rage management would have to be another section entirely, too. As mentioned, Deadly Calm and Bladestorm are ways of pooling rage, while Recklessness is a good way to spend it. I actually like the idea (related to point two) of creating sections that deal exhaustively with all the things you COULD do, just so new players see the options.
4) I'd be unlikely to cover the ramifications of being in 'zerker stance continuously, because I'd then probably have to cover things like macros and AddOns to assist with it (tracking Taste for Blood being the main culprit). As of 4.2, I haven't tested if the GCD change to Overpower has had a significant effect, but I can't imagine it has. Because stance-dancing is off the GCD anyway, I don't see why the altered cooldown would make any difference.
5) Some of the aesthetics could be better - the music choice and pacing of it, in certain areas, could see some fine tuning. Some of the video sections are also put together in ways I don't like so much, and the voicovers could be better edited. Again, wanting to stay under 10 minutes, certain sections were rushed to the point of degrading their value.
6) I didn't introduce myself anywhere... >.<