DK vs Paladin - A question of style...
I'm trying to decide which character to make my tank. I have never tanked as a DK, and have not tanked as a paladin in about 2 years. Both are currently level 80.
I don't care which is the "best" tank because that will end up changing several times anyway. I like both classes, and have a hard time picking just one to make my main.
Things I like:
1) Death Grip
2) Death Grip (deserves two mentions)
3) Goblins can be DK's (I like tanking as a small character because it's fun to smash ankles when your less than 3 feet tall)
1) Super self healing - makes for fun soloing tricks and emergency backup
2) Able to rez to save time when grouping and the healer dies.
3) Able to heal if I ever decide to heal. (I dont like paladin's healing style though, so would probably stick with my druid for that anyway)
Things I don't like:
1) Limited soloing survivability - for soloing tricks - Much less self healing
1) No death grip (worth mentioning several times...)
2) No smaller sized race available. - I will be horde.
Now that I've actually typed everything out, it looks like the important points to me are simply - Death Grip vs Soloing Tricks.
Why do you like your Paladin or DK? It might help me decide which to tank with.