Cataclysm Healers (and Healer Fanatics) GTFIH
How many main healers are in beta tweaking and testing with the talents and spells? Let's talk!
I'm a PVE oriented healer 100% so if you're looking for PVP related stuff, I do not follow!
Just got done messing with druid, priest and paladin healing specs.
Seems like everyone is getting a consistent heal for around 200 mana and about 2 second casts, slightly more or less based on the haste. I was using the premade toons which were equipped with ilvl251 gears. I had no glyphs on these toons as well so things would have been slightly different.
Priests - Heal 200 after talents
Druids - Nourish 200 after talents
Paladins - Holy Light 260 after talents
I've hoped for more decision based spell usage rather than keep spells on cooldown and spamming everything that drops below 90% HP. It looks like Blizzard kind of fulfilled my wish and twisted a bit of level 60 healing style into Cataclysm with some slower spells and a bigger variety of things to choose (I'm looking at you, holy paladins!). I'm very happy with some of these healing changes as they are less spammy on a concentrated amount of spells.
I'm just going to assume Cataclysm is going to have less AOE oriented fights based on the spells I skimmed through and played with through the three classes. I didn't get to spend any time on a resto shaman, so if you did please share some more information.
- Fury of Stormrage (talent) bugged, getting instant Nourish and Healing Touch casts for the entire duration. Seems to be good for PVP only, not needed so far since it procs free instant Wrath.
- Wild Growth costing 1.8k mana feelsbadman, looks like this will be spammed a lot less.
- Tree of Life is still nice for burst but I am still sketchy about them making it a slow moving target again. But making it a 5 minute cd for 15% more healing seems kind of low. I would like to see this a bit more adjusted. I don't think I saw any mana cost reductions either.
- I'll enjoy being able to look and enjoy the tier 11+ armors on my resto druid while healing now instead of looking at a treant 120% of the time. Rejoice!
- Even with some Wild Growth nerf, Regrowth gets a little aoe hot through talents when it crits or something but I didn't get to use it in an instance yet, I was just selfcasting in the city. If you've used it, how does it play out when AOE healing is possibly needed?
- Spamming Rejuvenate is probably still going to be around but you can't spam
- Lifebloom anymore since it's single target at a time and a lot of druid players are raging over it. Looks like a good tank spell again and it is cheap on cost at 175 mana @ lvl 80.
- Smiting for Evangelism and Archangel is like spamming paladin Judgements to get the haste bonus. I kind of like how this keeps priests busy while healing to get some buffs up.
- Power Word: Barrier -- Wow! Very nice spell, if it was just slightly usable more frequently it would be awesome too. But I guess that would imbalance PVP a bit as well. The radius that you can cast this on is a little smaller than I had expected.
- Chakra---Heal the bonus is nice passively. The HOT off Radiance for this also depends on which heal/greater heal you follow up with and it adjusts accordingly. For example I was getting 95/sec with Heal and threw down a Greater heal and it went up to 185/sec HoT and it refreshed to full duration, a Heal following up after that would bring it back down to 95/sec with refreshed duration.
- Chakra---Renew; not a whole lot to talk about but it's just nice to be able to spam a bit more.
- Chakra---Prayer of Healing; 10 second COH cd feels bad. This proc lightens it down to 7.5 second cooldown for the Chakra's duration. I'm okay with some aoe healing nerfs, making it not that delicious to spam and focus more on picking out the right spells to heal the right targets at the right moment. Oh, I have to note, Prayer of Healing costs just slightly more than Greater Heal and Flash Heal, around 1.2k each.
- Holy Nova heals nicely for a small fee. Feels good when to use sometimes.
- Surge of Light, since it doesn't proc a free Flash Heal anymore and just Holy Nova and Smite, might still be worth using if you are going down to pick up Archangel at 85. Might even seem like what a high end holy priest would take for bonus regen and healing too.
- Holy Shock costing less than 160 mana (again, only lvl 80, it should be more costly at lvl 85) after talents makes it pretty attractive to use on CD for sniping targets.
- Holy paladins gonna get hit with a taste of reality--hitting more than 2 buttons. Looks like Holy Light gonna be base heal spam, which topping off with Holy Shock, Flash of Light, and big healing with Divine Light which heals for 12k in 251 gears @ lvl 80.