[Horde-Suramar, PvE-PST] - 11/12 Heroic ICC25 - "Who is John Galt?" 25 Man Guild.
About "Who Is John Galt?"
We are the No. 1 horde raiding guild on Suramar (US PvE-PST) !!
** 11/12 Heroic ICC 25-man completed and working on Lich King Heroic !!**
The guild was founded on December 30, 2006 in an attempt to create a "Galt's Gulch". Pre Burning Crusade we ran into quite a few talented players who rarely got their due. We saw the expansion as an opportunity to wipe the slate clean & start afresh with a group of such motivated individuals & thus began our journey....
As a guild, our emphasis is on Quality over Quantity and we expect our members to show a high degree of self respect, motivation and dedication. You are the master of your own class. Be proud of your character. In the end-- Pride is the recognition of the fact that you are your own highest value and, like all of man’s values, it has to be earned.
We completed our three year anniversary with a sweet completion of Tribute to Mad Skills in 25-man Trial of the Grand Crusader on December 22nd, 2009.
Icecrown Citadel 25M-Heroic (11/12)
* Prof Putricide - Completed - 4-28-2010
* Sindragosa - Completed - 4-16-2010
Icecrown Citadel 25M-(12/12)
* Lower Spire - Completed - 12-08-09
* The Plagueworks - Completed - 1-17-10
* The Crimson Hall Completed - 1-28-10
* Frostwing Hall - Completed - 2-12-10
* The Frozen Thorne - (In Progress)
Pre-ICC 25-man Raids
* A Tribute to Mad Skills (25 Player TOGC) - 12-22-2009 (Server 2nd)
* Call of the Grand Crusade w/ Tribute to Skills (25 Player) - 9-15-2009 (Server 2nd)
* Glory of the Ulduar Raider (25 player) - 9-15-09 (Server 3rd)
* Ulduar 25 cleared - 5-18-09 (Server 3rd)
* Obsidian Sanctum with 3 drakes - 12-30-08 (Server 2nd)
* Eye of Eternity - 12-05-08 (Server 3rd)
* Naxxramas - 11-30-08 (Server 3rd)
6/6 Sunwell Plateau pre-3.0 (We know what it's like to wipe on M'uru and win :D )
Recruiting: as of 6/25/2010
(Note: Class not listed below? You can still apply! Exceptional players always welcome!)
1. Fury Warrior (High)
Raid Schedule for "Wrath of the Lich King"
* Tuesday 7pm - 11pm
* Thursday 7pm - 11pm
* Friday 7pm - 11pm
* Sunday 7pm - 11pm
(all times above are in Suramar server time which is Pacific Standard Time)
"Who is John Galt" encourages X-server applicants. More than 80% of our present active raiding members are from other servers.
"Who is John Galt?" does NOT have a trial period after you join. Once you join the guild, you are bound by the same rules that apply to the guild master and officers as well.
What we expected from you!
The Ten Commandments of Galt Raiding
- Thou are required to carry a full raid night worth of consumables.
- Thou are expected to keep up to date with changes to your class, and the game.
- Thou are expected to research strategies and know your role in current raid content.
- Thou are expected to research the Best in Slot items for your Raiding Spec.
- Thou are expected to be correctly talent specced and have appropriate gear itemization.
- Your PC and connection MUST be able to support a 25-man raid environment “Nothing is more annoying than a player getting D.C. every attempt.”
- Thou are required to make 3 out of the 4 raid nights every week. We encourage making all 4 raid nights for extra benefits from the guild bank, and rare items. "E.g repairs, first dibs on rare patterns, and rare mounts."
- Thou must be OPEN to rotating and being on STANDBY for optimal group comps on Hard Modes.
- Thou must be able to handle constructive criticism.
- Thou must have a HEADSET, and Ventrilo and can listen to vent instructions.
Raid Focus for "Wrath of the Lich King"
Our primary focus for WoTLK will be heroic hard mode raid dungeons; i.e. 25-man raid content with hard modes as applicable. Prospective applicants and future members should keep this in mind. Although, we plan to pace normal 10-man raiding around it as and when required, we do not intend to shift focus from 25-man content at any point in the expansion.
Raid Focus for "Cataclysm"
We plan to remain a 25-man raiding guild in Cataclysm despite the raiding benefits being provided to 10-man guilds in the coming expansion.
Raid Invites are done through a sign up system using Raid Ninja. Invites are usually class based, based on sign-ups except on progression nights. The raid leader decides on final 25 for progression fights. This composition will change depending on boss specific requirements and player availability.
Loot Distribution System
25 man raids - EPGP (similar to DKP but anti-inflationary)
10 man raids - class based/roll
10-man loot distribution is completely independent of the 25-man system and doesn't conflict with each other.
Read more about the EPGP loot system: http://code.google.com/p/epgp/
We do NOT have a loot council system. We do, however, have a class based rule priority. E.g -- if you are a Rogue, you will NOT get a Thoridal till all the hunters have it, no matter how high up you get on the EPGP system. The guild master, officer and/or senior members do NOT get an automatic right to gear over other members.
Akhanj - Guild Master, Raid Leader & Strat Master
Fayenoor - Guild Manager
Dimmn - Raid Leader
Maeltne - Class Manager (Tanking)
Alwayz - Recruiter
Germs - Class Manager (Healing)
Feel free to contact one of the Officers in game, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org