Questions about Hand of Reckoning
I got yelled at today for this; but as a Ret Pally I starting using Hand of Reckoning when mobs and bosses get down to very little health. I do this because as long as I don't have threat from the mob/boss it does more damage than any other ability a paladin has and it does not trigger the gcd nor does it share a cd with any other ability. It's basically a free 2623 Holy Strike. Obviously there are some drawbacks if you use it too soon you could die from stealing aggro but in my observations this has been successful for me about 98% of the time, the other 2% I pop Divine Protection and that keeps me alive long enough for the boss to die without hurting my DPS.
My questions are, why do people think this is a bad idea and why aren't more ret pallies doing this?