Warrior DPS Help. Last Resort.
Allright guys, thanks for having a look. Please don't just go posting about a search function or FAQ's. If you want to help - which is highly appreciated - read the entire post.
Short version: I suck, Heres my armory, help me stop sucking!
I'm floating aroung 251ilvl average, ~5600+GS. In my 10 player ICC raid, I'm expected to wtfpwnz the house. However, besides AoE, I'm almost always at the bottom of DPS. In general, I will never brake the 7k DPS barrier in a single target, no gimmick fight - that encludes the 10% ICC buff. What both my mates and I expect is something around around at least 7,000 DPS on a single target.
After speccing back and forth from Fury to Arms and spending long time on the dummy to nail down my rotation - all without result - I started toying with RAWR. What I found there was quite shocking. The tool basically says that my horrid DPS is fine. My projected DPS with selbuffs (AP shout + sunder) is 5180, real DPS matches nearly 1:1. (In fact i was about 15 DPS above projected, probably due to variance and fight lenght. I spend about 10 minutes on the dummy)
Noob! Spec Fury! I could, my offhand would be Oxheart. However, the projected DPS is like ~5 (with and without buffs - see folowing!) damage-points per second higher, since I hate the fury playstyle I rather pass and stick to arms.
Right now, I'm trusting that RAWR gives out correct values. It's been updated yesterday, and its constantly used at elitistjerks. I have not used Landsouls char yet since its a royal pain to use (for me), however, I have no reason to believe that RAWR is broken.
On the other hand, my little bro's cat with sub 232 gear allready beats my projeceted DPS in Rawr. Thats where I start wondering what the f**** I am doing wrong...
- I know I'm not fully Arp-capped. However, adjusting for that in RAWR (Deathbringer's choice e.g.) does not brake some kind of magical barrier. Going the last few meters from 92,98% to 100% results in aditional ~150 DPS. (included - the superior stats from the item that is being replaced!)
- My hit rating is only 7,84%, however, a 10 minute fight results into ~5 misses. Every possible adjustmend to close the 0,16% gap only hurts my DPS.
- I know the needler proc is worthless now. It's still the best trinket I have avalible.
- I ran the optimizer and socketed to 20 str / 10 crit10str without effect.
First and foremost, my raidbuffs are horrid. I have to apply sunder myself. I get kings, 10% AP and Horn of the Winter. What I'm missing is a critt aura and a minor armor debuff, a haste totem and everything else I forgot.
Puting those buffs into RAWR results into rougly 6k DPS. Again, this is about what I see in my raids. If i should do 6,6k DPS with ICCbuff, I do about 6200-6500. That accounts for running, messing up and other flaws in real DPS situation.
My projeceted DPS won't skyrocket when I switch to fury, including buffs.
Help will be greatly appreciated!
- Where is my missing DPS? Every caster with 5k Gearscore wipes the floor with me!
- Is RAWR wrong? If so, my rotations probably sucks (not possible for Arms though, this one I got nailed)
- What am I missing?