New to tanking, am I ready to tank raids?
Hello everyone, I just leveled this alt to become a tank (02/04/2010), and I've spend many time gearing up for heroics and whatnot, the only advice I've had was from asking in my server, I leveled as prot since lv 55, and from lv 74-80 only did instances to level so my experience in tanking is only limited to heroics.
Now, the general advice I got was "get to the def cap, do not get def because you'll get capped from gear only, gem stam in every slot", I was also told that it's not worth to get 4pc t9 because the bonus was lacking and I should get the 75 emb helmet instead because my expertise is too low.
At the time im writting this I'm sitting with these stats..
33,441 HP Unbuffed
233 Hit (7.71%)
17 Expertise (4.25%)
26489 Armor (63.49% Phis reduction)
This is my armory just to check items and talents.
Now, I know my weapon is lacking an enchant, and that's my first question..
I'm at the office atm, I have a couple more questions but I need to go now, I'll check any answer later tonight.
- Which enchant should I use? Some people tell me Mongoose is the way to go, others say Accuracy because I'm not hit capped and even others tell me to put +26 agi.
- Am I ready to tank Raids such as ToC 10/25? I've heard you need low40k hp buffed, and I'm already getting 41-42khp buffed in heroics.
- I just bought Triumph tank trinket, but I also have Essence of Gossamer, Which one is better for tanking? The extra 1.1khp from the trinket or the Armor + Dodge trinket from ToC?
- I know I need another cloak/ring/belt/boots, but these refuse to drop (cloak from HoR N, ring from ToC 5H, Boots from FoS H and I have no idea of which belt to get and I used my money on the chest/wrists so no ulduar crafted belt), Should I wait for them to drop or should I aim for the ToC 10 ones (if I could tank them ofc)?
- Since I'm just doing heroics for now, I'm using glyph of Cleaving, should I replace it with LS or SW glyphs for raids?
- I'm also using the 32 stam + 2% armor meta gem, for the red gem req, with my stats, should I use the Stalwart (dodge + def) or the Accurate (exp and hit) ametrine? or which other would you recommend to fit that slot?
Thanks in advance.