ty so much for the abom pov video-
ty so much for the abom pov video-
Thank you for the video, as always appreciate all the effort put in around here.
Aside from buggy things like only getting 1 puddle at a time we had a few things happen that gibbed us pretty bad in the 10M version of this encounter.
1. Whoever was stunned by the slime, would then get targeted with a puddle. Now they're taking the damage from the slime stun, and puddle at the same time. Plus the whole raid has to stand in the puddle to group up for the explosion.
2. Had someone get stunned by the slime right as PP targeted her with malleable goo...unable to move she was promptly blown up by the goo.
3. The flasks would spawn right beneath the boss. Extremely difficult to see. Boom. A melee down. (as I was healing I can't verify this, going on word of mouth from our melee)
While #3 could just be a difficult mechanic we failed at, 1 and 2 happened repeatedly and were extremely frustrating, particularly 2 since it is unsurvivable. Does anyone have and tips or tricks for dealing with these parts of the encounter? I feel like there's something I'm missing here as unavoidable deaths don't seem a likely encounter mechanic.
I saw the video of 10 man Professor Putricide encounter u were covering. I have a questinon to so much of the taktics u use but about UI you use. I really loved the way it looks Im looking for good interface myselve. could you tell me the name of it or where I can download it please. And are the icones showing you that the prayer of manding and circle of healing are of cooldown part of your UI or some addon ?
Thank you for the answer and good luck!
Gotta love 25 man racism.
1) unfortunately I think this is just a RNG element of the fight, and will simply just need to be healed thru.
2)Again, I think that's just really unlucky RNG, I don't remember that ever happening to my guild while doing the fight.
3) the bombs suck. a lot. I've been trying to figure out exactly how dropping them works. this is my best guess thus far:
the bombs will drop directly to his sides, on the edge of his animation (IE as far out as his 2 extra arms go). now his hit box is huge, and when ever that starts to clip in to a wall, it will start pushing the location that the bombs spawn inward, making your melee much more likely to get the debuff.
as for getting hit by the explosion I didn't really see people have a hard time with that. you have 10 seconds to make sure you are far enough away. you just need to make sure your tank knows that bombs have been dropped and that he needs to move the boss. our tank would make a sort of figure 8 pattern for moving the boss. it basically worked like drag him to a corner, bombs spawn, move him. experiment spawns move him to the other side (bombs might spawn while moving him over). then repeat
Thanks very much Arianne for the Abomination POV video. The abomination controller in that video did an awesome job...so much time helping dps the adds :D
Also this separate thread helped alot:
for understanding the abomination mechanics. We didn't down him, but still managed some decent progress as opposed to endless growing of ooze piles :P
I can't see Darksends video, YouTube says it's private :/.
Got him last night on ten man with two attempts remaining, 2 heals, 2 tanks, 6 dps (one was our resto shammy as ele). I was controlling the abom.
The abom's melee swing/slash abiltiy damage is significant, much more than just applying the debuff. As long as you're keeping the slime pools under control, be standing where the next add will spawn so you can start dpsing even before it picks a target. As was previously mentioned, wait until it's almost done it's targeting cast before applying the slow debuff. I was doing 1/2 to 2/3 of our destro warlock's damage to adds, and he's no slouch.
With six dps and me on the abom, we managed to kill many of the green adds before they reached thier first target.
I can't see Darksends video either, YouTube says it's private :/.
Can we know the reason. Since we would like to let our guild watch it.
Apparently, there was a problem with someone using a racial slur in the guild chat. Still, imho its a bad decision to just remove the video now. Put a colored box over it (like you did), add a comment you are aware of the problem (like you did) and remove it as soon as you prepared a version with the chat blurred out. People have seen the video already and nothing is going to remove that from the internets. Your approach is just making more people feeling pissed :)
Alas, our survival hunter had connection problems all night and some of our attempts suffered as a result. In saying that, I have a couple of things to help you avoid wasting attempts needlessly.
1) On the first pull, your healers need to know that the abomination appears (at least on Grid) as a debuff and can be dispelled. Yep, our priest kept dispelling the abomination every time the off tank possessed it on our first try. Oops.
2) The adds seem to alternate, and the green one is where you really have to be on the ball. We started handling it by moving to the opposite side of the room once an add had gone down, giving us maximum time to bring it down. In addition to that, your ranged people should feel free to go at it right away as, even if a ranged person is picked, you have time to react and the extra DPS is really helpful. If your abomination is on the ball, he should also help with bringing it down.
That said, we're back tomorrow night to finish him off in our last four attempts. It's an awesome and perfectly tuned fight, as they all are in the Plagueworks, but I'm pretty confident.
Big question: do the stacks in p3 fall off progressively ? Or do tanks just try to go for more and more stacks (i.e. tank1 takes a stack, tank2 one, tank1 takes him again for 2 stacks, tank2 for 3, etc). This really seems unclear - if he heals when it falls off completely do you just take more and more or wait for the first 2 stacks to fall off while keeping one before you taunt back (if possible).
P.S. 25 man movie seems to be unavailable for me. I get a "this movie is private" message every time i try to watch it.
My understanding is that you never want the stack to drop off as it will heal him if it does. Ideally you should switch tanks on each stack keeping everyones stack as low as possible. At least that's what I read, I haven't done the fight yet myself... heh...
2) This damage, while harsh in 20-man, is still healable. As the tank damage in p1/2 is relatively low, you should have sufficient resources to handle this. The only problem is if two malleable oozes land on the same person simultaneously; then, they die because someone was too clumped up.
3) The latest version of DBM includes an announce for choking gas. They always spawn in melee range, and you have ample time to move before they explode. There's no excuse to stand in a -75% hit debuff and flail away at the boss.
Heading into the Plagueworks tonight with still one question lingering regarding P3. Aliena's video states that the MT and OT taunt when the other hits 4 stacks, but never says how long the debuff lasts (and when it is safe again to taunt). Does anyone have a clear and concise answer?
Thanks in advance.
Never. If the debuff falls off it is a wipe as it will heal him beyond the capacity to out dps before the room is completely overrun with puddles