ICC - Professor Putricide
I put this together for my guild's site, figured I would go ahead and post it here as well for anyone interested. This is nothing more then a compilation of some info without personal testing at this point. Many things will likely be adjusted/tweaked after we run through this place :D
25m Putricide Encounter (very speculative info based off limited PTR - numbers/abilities subject to change, don't rely on any of this info until more testing has been done; this is just to give people an idea of what they could expect in the fight)
Slight mechanic change / bug fix / nerf
- Professor Putricide's Tear Gas will no longer remove player auras.
- The Growing Ooze Puddles in the Professor Putricide encounter will no longer continue to grow while players are stunned.
TankSpot Videos: Putricide Guide (both 10m & 25m videos)
Apparently both 10 & 25m are supposed to only use 1 abom
MMO-Champion BlueTracker - Professor Putricide
Tankspot Thread: http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f128/...putricide.html
Wowhead: Professor Putricide - NPC - World of Warcraft
WoW Wiki: Professor Putricide - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft
- 42 Million HP (25m)
- Only 10 attempts per week
- Control fight, will require correct split of DPS on Boss, Gas, Ooze and players that transform into Abominations
- OT designed for controlling the Abom (tank swap after abom removed in phase 3)
- Mutated Abomination: Player drinks a potion on the table and turn into an abomination. Has the ability to Eat Ooze (consumes slime pool), Regurgitate Ooze (slows targets by 50% & deal 8288-8712 damage every 2 seconds, allows players to more easily kiting things), Mutated Slash (100% weapon damage and reduces the target's resistance to physical damage by 4% for 20 seconds. Stacks up to 5 times)
- Slime Puddle: Putricide throws a vial of Mutated Slime at a random player, creating a puddle of slime at the targets location that does 5363-5637 every second to anyone standing in it. This puddle will expand and do 4388-4612 per second until it is consumed by a mutated abomination.
- Choking Gas Bomb: Putricide throws Gas Bombs around him that deal 5363-5637 per second and explodes for 15600-16400 after 20 seconds. Everyone in the raid avoid the bombs and if needed Tank will kite the boss away from it.
- Gaseous Bloat Infects a player and does 1.4k to 1.5k every 2 seconds and remove a stack of bloat. Choking Gas follows that player and if it reaches them it will Expunge Gas exploding and hurting everyone around it depending on how bloated the player is. Player should kite the cloud while ranged burn it down (Melee can't do this because they would take 6338-6662 damage and choke reducing your chance to hit by 75% for 15 seconds.
- Volatile Ooze: Targets random raid member, sticks to them and roots them in place. Inflicts 6338-6662 damage per second and the Volatile Ooze will move toward the target. Melee must group up and burn the Ooze before it reaches the target otherwise it will explode once it reaches them and deal 68250-71750 damage split among all nearby targets. If the melee are grouped up they might survive the explosion because it is split between enough players but definitely should be avoided.
- Unstable Experiment: Similar to Thadius polarity it may assign people either an Ooze or or Gas variable which may effect them by only allowing them to attack targets of that type & the boss
- Slime Pipes: May be a slime pipe mechanic which will flood parts of the room and will require someone to stop them by clicking the appropriate object (possibly by the door)
Limited Strategy (Expect multiple changes as the encounter is tested on live)
- MT picks up boss
- Designated player drink potions to turn into Abominations (Usually the OT), eat gas, regurgitate ooze to slow targets & mutated slash the ads & boss to increase DPS
- Raid stay away from ooze, gas clouds and bombs
- DPS burn ooze, gas & boss
- Pay attention for Putricide's shadowcrash type mechanic where he throws vials at people
- DPS switch and burn gas and oozes HARD so that they don't reach their targets (Ooze must be killed quickly and everyone group up if it reaches it's rooted target to split the explosion damage. Gas should be kited and never reach it's target)
- Abom must eat all the slime and slow ooze/gas as they spawn. Debuff ads/boss whenever possible but MUST handle slime/ads correctly.