I dont know WHY we could not kill this boss last night.
at the beginign we had 8 healers!!! yes 8!!! then we changed two of em and the raid make up was
We did good, but we did not reach phase 3.
Is there any MINIMUN dps required for this fight. I was top dps in some attmepts with 5k dps (5.5k some times)
DPS is significant for this fight in a number of ways:
1) DPS needs to quickly burn down the first two adds that spawn during p1. They then need to DPS Anub as much as possible before he submerges.
2) As soon as Anub submerges and p2 begins DPS needs to quickly do 2 things. First, they need to burn the 2 adds that have been OTed through p1, and then they need to quickly kill scarabs as they spawn throughout p2.
3) DPS needs to get Anub into p3 in 1 or 2 submerge phases, otherwise it's likely a wipe due to Anub's enrage timer.
4) Lastly, if you do make it to p3 with sufficient time left on his enrage, you need to do enough DPS to outdamage his HOT/leech effect which is constantly healing him. This is noticeably less extreme in normal mode, but still a factor if DPS isn't up to par.
Everytime I PUG Anub (in either 10 or 25) wipes are a direct result of poor DPS. DPS need to not die to dumb things (as in, anything that hurts you in p2) and they need to be able to pump out high levels of efficient DPS while switching priority targets quickly.
I've found it helpful to do the following:
Originally Posted by Nuurdie
1) Stay in the middle as much as possible (i.e. other players between you and the scarabs as they spawn).
2) Keep an eye out for Scarabs that seem to have targeted you - kite them before they get close to you.
3) Avoid doing anything that might gather AoE threat. If you are going to dps a target make sure you do not get aggro on it (hard for tanks to do, I know).
4) Make sure the other players in the raid know that the MT/OT cannot be relied upon to tank the scarabs and the dot will lead to wipes. If you mark the tanks and the other players know this then they can help snare/cc/dps scarabs that appear to be chasing after tanks.
My guild has 2 10m group farming 10m CC and AB is not a problem on 10m.
But 25m we did not get 3rd phase ever.
This just in, if your T(r)dps is under 91k. the odds of you killing anub within enrage timer are 50=>1. Bench it the next time you go in Using Recount for Total (raid) dps. My guild seems to not be able to break 91k, and we wiped 8 times, went in for another 5 the next day with no luck. Though we did take away alot of useful information for this fight.
Tanks need to be at 2k dps, Healers can through in hits when they are other wise engaged. Elite adds spawns are 100% Random, some times 2 from right, some times one from each side, some times 4 from one side. leaves the 3rd tank saying wheres my adds!? while 2nd tank says ohhh-shhhh!7 . Small Scarabs Can Enrage and Ice Does NOT SLOW!.
Path of frost just before 25 people hit the water kills raids. :D (my personal favorite!)
lastly during 3rd phase: Everyone Except the MT, should be kept at 30% - 50% HP. Even the OT's. The damage per tick is not as much as many people think it is, Which I am quite sure is the primary factor to many failed attempts. This puts a very heavy strain on any well equiped-tacticly aware healer. The less HP you have remaining the Less the Next Tick will hit for. I wasnt able to fraps for exact tick incrementals.
We have had the place on farm for a few weeks in normal mode, after 11 attempts one week we have 1 shot anub 2 weeks in a row now.
Tips for off tanking this fight in 25 man.
1) In phase 1 make sure your off tanks are far enough away that the buff from the adds does not stack, but close enough for BACON of light to work correctly. We will put one off tank next to anub on permafrost to add some additional dps to him and the 2nd stays away. Anub does not receive a buff from the adds as far as I can see.
2) Man up and tank 2 adds. At this point as a tank you should have plenty of 245 and 232 gear and tanking two should not be a problem. Toss on your BV gear and take a pounding. We just off tank all 4 because we found our DPS to be most productive if they don't have to change targets and we have some bombdigity healers who have no problem keeping up with all of the tank dmg.
3) If you get stacked with the nature debuff from the scarabs you need a bubble. If you're a paly, no prob. Any other class a HoP will work just fine. Oh noes! What about the adds beating on me when I get a bubble. They can be stunned, giving you plenty of time to receive a bubble and cancel it with a macro. Holy Wrath/Shadow Fury/Shockwave should be plenty of time to handle that. (not sure if an unglyphed thunderstorm or tidal wave would work as well..)
4) Phase 3 changes the rules. Your raid should have the dps to put him into phase 3 during the 3rd ground phase (come on, if you have the dps to keep anub up in only 2 ground phases what are you doing reading this...) and at this time you should have 1 add on you per off tank. Here is what changes:
Most of this was probably already said.. but I have a tendency to just hit the last page and post a reply.
- Take the add of the permafrost. You don't kill him, so let him burrow under and stop hitting you for a bit.
- Stun and kite them. He can't hit you if you're too far away. (make sure you have plenty of threat before you take off, ya know, looking out for the healers and all). Keep in mind not to get too close to the other add and not to get out of range of your heals. I know I know, that balance of far but not to close but not to far either..
Are there 2 crypt fiends in 10man also or just 1?
:confused: Is there 2 crypt fiends in 10man also or just 1?
There's just 1 fiend at a time in 10man normal Anub'arak. There are 2 at a time in 25 man Anub'arak normal.
In ToGC (grand), there are 2 at a time in 10 man, and 4 at a time in ToGC25.
Thanks for sharing, really helped me and my guild! :]
Might be helpfull to have atleast 1 rogue in the raid... to put up Wound poison... so the healing the boss recieves will be reduced
or an ms warrior or a hunter...
Phase 3 Additional info
Many guilds on my realm have devised a new way to help in phase 3. Provided the burrowers have a relatively long amount of time spent burrowed, if phase 3 begins with 2 adds still up, simply let them burrow. This reduces the amount of time spent with the healers having to keep an additonal raid member (or two if you use 2 tanks) at a higher amount of health. This will not only reduce the amount of healing Anub'Arak receives, but also means that dps will not have to focus on burning the adds down and can spend more time nuking the boss.