Life Long Tank Needs DPS Offspec Halp!
So I have been a tank for around 3 years. Not only that but the Main Tank for my guild. Well times have changed and that guild dissolved when the GM hung up his hat. Now I am in a new guild. They have an established MT so I am slotted as an OT.
As a good OT I feel I should have a DPS spec as my secondary spec (right now I'm duel prot, progression/threat) for single tank encounters.
Im looking for advice on a few things since I have never seriously DPS'd in a raid or kept up with the changes as they pertain to DPS. Like the title says Ive been a tank for life.
1) MS or Titan Grip? Any suggestions for a spec?
2) What are my primary goals for stats and in what order should I prioritize them?
- Reach hit cap? (is it more than 8% w/Titan Grip?)
- Reach exp. cap?
- Focus on Crit?
- Focus on AP?
3) What kind of rotation should I be working with?
4) Any helpful tips you would like to share?
I really appreciate any constructive feed back from the community here.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.