FL set-up and positional jobs/responsibilities.
Resurrection this thread from the bowels of Tankspot!
Mostly in response to watching the hard mode video here I was hoping to get some more info from the community. We do 1 tower fine and (at least on 10-man 2 towers), but it didn't feel like we were ready to step up the difficulty. As we work toward eventual hard mode attempts on this boss in 10 and 25 man I'd like to get a clearer idea on the "jobs" of different people in the encounter. I know, for me, getting a clearer definition of the things people will be would really help us out. Since I found it hard to tell exactly everyone's job from the video, and as Ciderhelm stated he assumed you knew this stuff going in. Well, I have some assumptions but I'd like to see what everyone else has experienced and make sure we're not doing things wrong.
In specific I'd like to go over each vehicle position in 10 and 25 man to discuss who does what in this encounter.
- Siege Engine Driver - Obviously interrupting Flame Vents is highest priority, but other than that and DPSing the boss is there anything else they should be focusing on?
- Siege Engine Gunner - What's the focus? Shooting FL rockets? How much and when should they DPS the boss? Should they ever shoot down pyrite?
- Demolisher Driver - Keeping up Pyrite Stacks is high priority, but particularly in 10-man how: is this managed when the gunner is shot up on FL for a lot of the fight? Only send 1 up? Some sort of rotation? Have the driver switch seats and shoot down and grab his own Pyrite? In general, what approach is best to maximize stack "uptime"?
- Demolisher Gunner - How much should they be focused on shooting down pyrite? Are both gunners responsible for Pyrite or is one on boss and the other shooting down pyrite for multiple Demolishers? Do they ever DPS the boss or just shoot down Pyrite when not on FL? Do you rotate people into this position (especially on 10-man) when people go up to the turrets? Also, going up there as fast and often as possible is best, right?
- Chopper - Seems easy, but other than Oiling FL and picking up the turret DPS and taking them to Demolishers is there anything else they should be doing? Is it ever worth it to DPS the boss with the horn?
Any guidance/insight would be appreciate. If I missed another thread on this, my apologies.