Favorite Times to Charge / Intercept?
One of my favorite skills in WotLK is Warbringer. My favorite boss fights / trash pulls are the ones in which I can use Charge / Intercept / Intervene to save time, save party members, or save myself.
I started thinking about my favorite fights for our movement skills, and here's the list I came up with.
- MTing Vault of Archavon, I really enjoy charging from midair back to the boss after getting tossed. I feel like a bear tank in BC. It's fun because you have to keep your right mouse button down to ensure you're facing the right way, and you have to make sure to charge before you get tossed too far, so there's a small window of opportunity to pull off the instant charge back. Makes it feel rewarding when you do it.
- Tanking the two giants before Loken in Halls of Lightning, when they do their thunderstorm I don't tank them with my back to the wall because I enjoy getting tossed and charging back in for extra rage.
- Also in HoL, when Ionar splits into sparks I like intervening the healer for a quick escape.
- Elemental trash in Old Kingdom often manages to toss you fairly high in the air, and I enjoy the immediate charge to prevent fall damage / get back in the fight quicker with more rage.
- 4 Horsemen in Naxx is a blast. After taunting Rivendare on the exchange I like to intervene back to the pack of DPS, usually it only takes me a second or two to finish off the exchange and regroup, meaning no one takes more meteor damage than they should. Also we usually 2 heal it so I need to get back into range of our healers quickly so they don't stress.
- When 2 horsemen are down and we're basically just bouncing back and forth between the back 2, when it's time to swap targets I intervene a healer standing in the middle, and then charge the other rider. Lets me cross about 60 yards in 2 global cooldowns. I feel like a slippery ninja... in plate.
- Anytime I'm caught in a nasty whirlwind or blizzard (Skadi or Sapphiron come to mind) I love intervening someone and making a quick escape.
- Intervene is awesome for moving from bubble to bubble in Maly phase 2.
Months into the game I'm still discovering new times to use charge / intervene, and it really keeps the game fun for me. I hear rumors that Ulduar involves more movement than other content we've seen thus far, and I'm really looking forward to it.
Good movement is tied to good awareness / reaction time and I feel like its one piece that separates the good tanks from the great. I'm still workin' on it :P
What are your favorites?