Prot changes (TClap, WW, SR, S&B, Dev and Vig)
So I have been a prot warrior for a very very long time all the way back into vanilla when you raided UBRS, and I just wanted to post here about some ideas, that we could possible discuss with blues to make Prot tanking better both in terms of effectiveness, and fun.
I would like to hear from others about any of these ideas, both good or bad. Some of them are very popular ideas proposed by others, while others I havn't seen discussed anywhere.
What Id like from this post is to find out which of these most people like, think is a good idea, and we could get blizzard on board with. Once we decide this, go to the blizz forums and actually discuss it there....
1) TClap- I personally like the way it is, however, I think there could some easy changes to make it interesting. Personally I do not want to make it like Conscecrate or DnD, but making it have a dot mechanic would be nice....
Glyph of TClap- Reduces initial damage by half, but adds a dot that last 6secs. (would do more damage, but less up front)
Why? Allows more sustained TPS for AoEing trash in an instance/raid
2) Whirlwind- Add a 1-Point talent (maybe replace vigilince with it) that makes whirlwind usable in defensive stance. Plus on top of the weapon damage, whirlwind now also deals Damage if a shield is equiped equal to Shield block value.
Why? Allows for greater Threat for AoE pulls, but also adds an attack in to the rotation for Prot Warriors attempting to max out DPS. Also, it would be fun and cool.
3) S&B- I love the talent, but it makes me worry about another RNG. I would rather be worrying about my healers, my health bar, and any cooldowns i need to pop at any give moment. So how can we fix this...
Simply make Sword and Board Proc a free shield slam, instead of reseting the six seconds.
Why? Allows tanks to have a solid rotation again, and worry about more improtant things then what button to press for TPS/DPS. Also it makes all the GCD equal in value. Right now, the last GCD before Shield Slam is up is just worthless when proccing S&B.
4) Devestate back to 80% Damage.
Why? They removed it from the game because back at 70 Fury warriors were taking it because they couldnt get Deepwounds and Titnas grip, and spamming Devistate was better. That just isnt the case anymore. I hate the fact that I would rather Rend, or SW sometimes instead of Devistate
5) Spell Reflect- Ok, its just useless too much of the time, so what I was thinking was like a mini shield wall for spell damage attacks.
Imp Spell Reflect- Currently what it does, but also reduces incoming magical damage for 3secs by 10%/20% for the next 3 secs.
Why? Allows us to catch up a bit with Magical Damage mitigation. I think it would make the spell much more viable both in PvP and PvE
6) Vigiliance- Not worthy of 31st point talent make it trainable. Put something else in the 31st point splot...Possibly the WW thing mentioned above, or something that is equal to the sanctuary buff in terms of rage when we dodge, miss, or parry.
7) Remove 10% Damage Reduction from Defensive Stance and Add some Percentage to Health. Not a lot... 3-5%
Why? Why not? Actually I personally dont ahve a problem with the penalty/bonus thing with our stances... But right now our DPS and EH is lacking compared to other tanks. And as stam goes up the difference in health will only increase.
I think this would fix many problems such as:
1) The need to go Deep Wounds to even get close in damage to the other tanks. Without the need to get DW, we can have more flexability in our prot talent choices
2) Getting us closer to the Sustained AoE threat of Pallys and DKs
3) Makes it more fun, and dont think it really makes us broken. Most changes increast DPS/TPS, and only mitigation improvement is with SR, so I dont think its unballancing.
What are your thoughts????