Suddenly promoted to MT...need advice.
Hey all I'm part of a casual guild that raids progression content 3 nights a week. We're 3/6 SSC, 3/4 TK, and 1/5 MH. A couple days agoour current MT xferred because of latency and d/c problems. I am probably now the top candidate for the new MT as I am probably the best geared warrior in the guild. I offered to step up and take the position since the guild was obviously in need. Keep in mind though that I just respecced from Arms and haven't tanked or raided on my warrior in a while.
The World of Warcraft Armory
For some reason I logged out with the heroic badge ring instead of my Kara ring. The other notable pieces I have are the Gnomer Auto Blocker and the threat throwing weapon from regular Magister's.
What I basically want is a very harsh critique. Everything from my talent spec to gem and enchant choices and especially looking for potential upgrades. Here are my thoughts on what I should be doing in the near future.
1. My shield is bad. Nightbane has not been kind to me and I'm really unable to run Gruul because the guild does it on the weekends and we don't really run ZA (don't know why). I'm thinking my best option is to hold off until Season 4 and then buy the S2 shield with honor points.
2. My belt is also weak. I'll be going for Girdle of the Fearless.
3. Run Kara until I get Tier 4 helm. Not much choice here since we haven't cleared ZA for the Battlesworn Tuskguard.
4. I'll start running heroic magister's again for the Commendation of Kael'thas (ran it about 8 times with no trinket drop, then respecced arms) because it will be good for my damage reduction set to use with the Pocket Watch. For threat fights I can swap in the Shard of Contempt and GAB.
5. Would +120 armor to cloak and +240 armor (or 2% threat) to gloves be better than those current enchants?
Anything else? And please, rip me to pieces