PDA

View Full Version : Guild Leveling System

lorefan
08-14-2012, 07:53 PM
Has the guild leveling system gotten any revamp in MoP? Not like new perks I mean the process in general.

Finding people to start a new guild and stay and level it, is nearly impossible. As a new player you have to join some pre-established gold farmer's guild that;s level 25. You don't have to, but your deluded if you think the cons outweigh the pros as it is. Even something like scaling/normalizing the amount of xp based on the number of people in the guild would help significantly.

To my knowledge nothing has changed as far as the system itself is concerned in MoP just new perks, but I haven't been following this expansion too carefully. Any info would be appreciated.

Personally I wish they would ditch the guild system altogether, and make it more of a legacy thing like SWTOR has. I shouldn't feel obligated to be in a guild nor feel like I have to contribute to some gold-farmers guild's bank (the 10% gold perk) while the GM does nothing for the guild whatsoever. WoW had some epic path of the titans idea that they ditched ages ago, I thought this was what it was going to be.

Thanks.

wonkey
09-05-2012, 08:35 AM
The changes have already arrived as part of 5.0.4.

The most noticable difference is all the caps have all been removed. You can level the guild as much as possible, without having to wait until the cap resets each week. Also, the guild rep you get from completing quests, tasks etc has been normalized. Complete a level 1 quest, 200 guild rep. Complete a level 85 quest 200 guild rep.

Even without a guild tabard, solely from questing, you can get exalted with a new guild before level 40 on a new char.

Takethecake
09-05-2012, 01:23 PM
Did they remove the character caps and the overall caps as well? My guild is shooting for realm first again so if so that would be great.