PDA

View Full Version : Does MASTERY really have a DR ?

kebess
07-26-2012, 04:20 PM
It has been said many times that Mastery will have a diminishing return just like Parry and Dodge in MoP, to mainly prevent Tanks from stacking it too high.

After looking at it more closely however, I don't see any sort of DR on it, even after stacking 6K mastery rating.
I still need exactly 272.63 rating points to increase it by 1% (at lvl 90), whether I already have 6K or 0 mastery rating on my gear.

Does this mean Mastery doesn't have any DR, or there's something else going on here ?

Fetzie
07-26-2012, 04:27 PM
I think they scrapped that idea.

kebess
07-26-2012, 04:34 PM
Hum, I guess so because right now there simple isn't any.

Takethecake
07-27-2012, 06:38 AM
It was posted somewhere, but yeah they decided not to put DR on mastery for paladins/warriors since the actual cap for those stats is unreachable.

Tengenstein
07-27-2012, 06:01 PM
Makes sense, warriors only get ~0.23% CTC for every 1% mastery, so going off the rating:% that the OP postyed we'd need ovrer 72k mastery rating to achieve 66% block.

Takethecake
07-28-2012, 08:20 AM
I was playing around on a spread sheet with the new mechanics and it's somewhat interesting. I'm not sure if ctc is the best way to look at the new model, and I'm not sure if I may have messed it up somewhere, but from a ctc standpoint the new mechanics work out fairly clear.

If you increase either block % or avoidance by 1% increase to ctc is roughly the same formula

1% increase to block gives [(1-avoidance%)/100] increase to overall ctc
1% increase to avoidance gives [(1-block%)/100] increase to overall ctc

From a ctc standpoint that means that you want to either focus purely on overall avoidance or overall block chance. Haven't really played with actual effects on incoming damage yet though. Once I can find out what the stat conversion rates are I'll likely work on another spreadsheet to give me an idea what to expect this expansion.

Tengenstein
07-28-2012, 08:34 AM
CTC is dead. As of the latests build we're running at near 100% Shield block uptime

kebess
07-29-2012, 04:35 PM
As of the latests build we're running at near 100% Shield block uptime

It's not intended though. Merely a bug that is gonna be fixed soon.