PDA

View Full Version : Good F2P game

leethaxor
02-18-2012, 02:59 PM
Looking for a good free to play game with a couple buddies of mine.

klausi
02-18-2012, 04:12 PM
What genre? I'll just name a few that comes to my mind, i've played myself and are rather decent compared to all the free stuff avaible and even challenge some P2P titles

FPS: Team Fortress 2 (steam), Quake Live (!!!), Tribes Ascend, World of Tanks
fantasy MMO: Aion, LotRO, Runes of Magic
superhero MMO: DC-Universe (steam, action heavy)
GTA esque MMO: All points bulletin
MOBA: LoL
RTS: Age of Empires-online

Krenian
02-18-2012, 04:23 PM
Aion, btw, is only F2P in Europe. They still have the payment methods going for NA from what I hear. Go figure.

If you want some good action MMORPG, I enjoy Vindictus and Dragon Nest. They're action hack and slash dungeon crawlers that remind me of Monster Hunter: Go in, kill things, get loot, craft stuff with said loot, get stronger as you gain levels...

leethaxor
02-18-2012, 08:47 PM
Actually we started playing LoL which isn't really free :\ but kinda free.

thanks for the suggestions I'll pop back when LoL doesn't work.

klausi
02-18-2012, 09:02 PM
LoL not f2p? Well almost all those games got some sort of premium accounts, cash shops or whatever but you can just hop into them and have a blast. If you don't mind spending "some" time you get all what you want for free and if you're not into grinding/farming you just spend some bucks - that's the f2p philosophy, isn't it? Sadly you won't get away with cosmetic articles and good will to a geart game only, didn't work out in the past.

@Krenian
Sorry wasn't aware of that Aion not-europe thingy.

Krenian
02-18-2012, 09:21 PM
Yeah, it's a shame cause I probably would play Aion if it was free until TERA came out in may. That was a decent game, but nothing to pay for.