PDA

View Full Version : H Hagara 25m warrior tank

Grombrindal
02-13-2012, 07:55 AM
Hey guys,

I just wanted to post here to get any ideas on what other warrior tanks might be doing for tanking this fight, specifically for the focused assaults. Our DK tank happened to be gone for last nights raid so I stepped in to tank this and frankly I got blown up with extreme prejudice for almost every focused assault. Is some sort of damage redux cd necessary for each one? I was trying to save my shield wall/raid wall for the lightning phase but it seems apparent to me that it was necessary for me to survive the focused assault. I tried kiting some of it but really that only helped occasionally and the dps wasn't real happy that I was moving more than our dk was (we're fairly tight on enrage as is).

It was even worse as then I got switched over to dps and our boomkin went feral and seemed to have no issue taking it, even without cds and not kiting. We had other raid issues that night so ended up we didn't get her down anyway.

Our healer comp only really had a holy priest (Disc priest bailed midway through raid) for an external tank cd since the pallies said that hand of sacrifice wouldn't help that much (maxed at the pallies total health) so if a cd was required for each one we really didn't have it anyway....

I was at ctc but it doesn't seem to matter for this fight (or at least not for the focused assault which is the true tank threat here), would double sta trinkets be the way to go? Should I use stay of execution? All in all was quite demoralizing to get destroyed like that.

My armory (still playing with shoulder/leg reforges atm): http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/hellscream/Grombrindal/simple
Log from last night (Menolikeu is the boomkin that went feral for later attempts): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/iggrfjr74wgeoquf/
Log with previous Hagra kill (Bones our DK tank): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/u7mb0mta5l05zev0/

Grombrindal
02-13-2012, 09:46 AM
Hmm, well I did just find this thread: http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?78538-Halp!-Warr-Tank-Heroic-Hagara-10

Seems even more pronounced on 25m tho...

To sum up some tricks:
Healer/ranged taunts during focus assault
Intervene/leap away (turning your back doesn't seem to matter since focused assault cannot miss or be parried/dodged/blocked)
Use all your personal cds/external cds to eat it....

Anyone have anything else?

Geach
02-13-2012, 09:46 AM
I was at ctc but it doesn't seem to matter for this fight (or at least not for the focused assault which is the true tank threat here), would double sta trinkets be the way to go? Should I use stay of execution? All in all was quite demoralizing to get destroyed like that.

Double stamina trinkets can't hurt for this encounter since it is burst damage. In particular Indomitable Pride I really like for this fight.

Our healer comp only really had a holy priest (Disc priest bailed midway through raid) for an external tank cd since the pallies said that hand of sacrifice wouldn't help that much (maxed at the pallies total health) so if a cd was required for each one we really didn't have it anyway....

I don't fully understand why this is a reason to never use hand of sacrifice. Sure it might not fully save you alone but combined with healing and other buffs it helps.

As far as movement goes. Once we changed to the inner circle for the boss posting I noticed it helped smooth things out due to being able to get demoralizing shout and shield block up while the boss was casting (we moved the postion for an entirely different reason than tank dmg). After that I didn't need to move except for ice lance beams. In ice lance cases it was just a small strafe out of the way. In the end didn't seem like a lot of movement in the end to me. Not sure if that will work for your raid but it may be worth trying.

Takethecake
02-13-2012, 12:12 PM
I tank it as a warrior tank and we just heal through it. I normally call out a warning ~3 seconds before each assault that I will need big heals and our holy paladin uses hand of sac whenever they feel like it really.

Like Geach said double stam trinkets is much more useful in this fight because mastery doesn't do much at all and ctc isn't a big deal for this particular fight.

Also for the assault that coincides with ice tombs dropping I heroic leap behind and to the right of our stack of tombs for two purposes. One to avoid most of the damage and also to move her as close to the stacks as possible in order to allow cleave damage on her while dps works on the tombs.

As far as cooldowns I use shield wall when the add dies in lightning every time (in conjunction with a arms warrior rally cry and a dps feral druid's regen ability) in order to ensure 0 deaths for that phase. I normally save last stand or rally cry for some ice tomb portion of the fight.

I will say that lately our execution of this fight has been so flawless that we have half the raid ranking these days, including myself as top 50 prot warrior. More than anything else clean execution is the most important thing for this fight.