PDA

View Full Version : Healing Heartsong vs Power Torrent

Hottz
12-30-2011, 10:23 AM
Holy Paladin here looking for an answer to this extremely frustrating question. I have been trying to find an answer... Should I go with the Heartsong or Power Torrent enchant on my weapon? I've read it either way... "Heartsong procs more, You get a better stat boost with Power Torrent.. etc."

I rarely have mana issues so I would like to lean more towards Power Torrent, but i'm uncertain to how much of a difference the lack of spirit I get from the Heartsong proc will be. Help?

Also, I cannot for the life of me find an explanation on haste caps.. or numbers to reach for (unbuffed and buffed). [Right now unbuffed (no self buffs either) haste is at 1956, 2.1s divine light cast time, with 4 ticks of holy radiance.] I realize this is most likely in the wrong thread.. just wasn't 100% where else to put it.

Ishau
12-30-2011, 02:03 PM
Heartsong is better for progress fights just the same as it was in 4.2.
Don't have mana problems? Heal more.
Can't heal anymore? Drop a healer.

So here is the thing with Power Torrent. Whilst the enchant in itself is Okay, RNG doesn't save lives, playing smart does. No matter how you look at it, with an uptime of 20-25% Power Torrent is very much a "Yeah it is awesome if it procs at useful times, but it hardly ever does." Having a Power Torrent proc when there is very little healing that needs doing just doesn't help the raid, and then 20 seconds later during the burst phase it is on ICD and won't proc for it.

Heartsong however provides mana regen and has a very nice uptime (around 60%). As long as you are below 100% mana it is useful. The more mana regen you have, the more healing you can do it is as simple as that. The more Holy Radiances and Divine Lights you can do during a progress fight that it is needed on the better. If you are not running OOM at the same time the boss is dying then either A.) You have too many healers or B.) You just are not doing as much as you could be doing.

TDLR: Heartsong is better for Holy Paladins, Resto Shamans and Holy Priests. Power Torrent is better for Resto Druids and Disc Priests.

Hottz
01-02-2012, 05:40 PM
Thank you so much :) exactly what I wanted to hear!