PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Paladin tier 12 4 piece vs tier 13 2 piece

ferdy30
12-12-2011, 09:12 PM
Just got 2 tokens for my paladin tanking tier 13 today and was wondering if it would be worth replacing and losing my tier 12 4 piece or should I wait until i get my tier 13 4 piece. I just think the extra parry after I use my Divine Protection might be better than the absorb from my judgement. Here is my current armory link:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ysondre/Impassable/advanced

Also if i do take the 2 piece tier 13 should I take the Arbiter of Light Talent as well as the Seals of the Pure talent since this will increase the damage of my Judgement.

Fetzie
12-13-2011, 02:08 AM
The T13 2set is actually quite nice, it is especially nice on a fight like Zon'ozz or Madness of Deathwing where I have seen a 30-70k shield (you do double (or higher) damage resulting in massive judgements). It is also a pure stats upgrade over the 378 tier depending on which pieces you won (raid finder or normal mode). Especially if you are block capped when raid buffed, which if I am frank you should be :D), the pure stats upgrade makes it worth it.

As for talents:

Eternal Glory is a fairly mediocre dps talent as you can no longer cast two WoGs back-to-back. Put the points from it into Seals of the Pure (threat talent that actually increases your threat). Hallowed Ground is another threat talent that really is not that good, I would put the points into Improved Judgement, I have lost count of the amount of times that having a 30yd range on Judgement has actually saved lives. Eye for an Eye is about a 2% damage increase for two talent points, I would put one of its points into Rule of Law (for an additional 5% crit to CS and WoG) and one into Reckoning (increases your threat and windwalker uptime as this is a ppm based enchant).

I would change the WoG Prime Glyph to Crusader Strike for single target tanking (99% of Dragon Soul and most of Firelands), you can't use WoG more often that 2-3 HoPo cycles anyway (plus you shouldn't really need it more often than that either :))

jeffersonian000
01-03-2012, 07:23 PM
Sorry to Necro, but this thread is covering the same subject matter. I'm running Ret currently with 2 t12 and 2 t13(LFR) tier pieces (T12 chest/hands, t13 head/legs), and I just got a the t13(LFR) chest token. Is in worth the loss of my t12 2-pc set bonus to upgrade my chest to t13 set chest without being able to get to the 4-pc bonus at this time?

Thanks!

SJ

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Obernaughti/advanced

Fetzie
01-03-2012, 07:28 PM
Technically it isn't the same subject matter, because you are talking about ret gear and not tanking gear :)

Regardless, our retri pala was glad to get the 397 2set bonus over his 391 T12 4set gear.