PDA

View Full Version : Previous content servers - a must have

STBU
10-28-2011, 12:29 PM
Ok to explain where I come from on this, I started playing wow on the tail end of classic but never got to experience its end game. I did premades for bc pvp, and that was what I enjoyed and really miss. Ive always been solely a pvper because with pvp back in bc, you could log in anytime you got free time, lf ppl for a premade and so long as you had vent and an updated preform av enabler you could get going. And I was known on my server at the time as leading the premades for the best pvp guild on the server, rarely ever losing a match in anything. Today's pvp is a joke. No one cares about winning, nor do they offer healers any protection or even organize for a coordinated strike. Pvpers have no competitive spirit any more. I blame wrath and cata both for what I view as the downfall of wow. I have gone half a year without wow since cata came out nor do I intend to resub to the current game. I still have a soft spot for wow, and if I could play bc or classic again, I would in a heartbeat.

What I propose is for blizzard to take the players from all the low pop servers in each region and put them all on the same server in each respective region. Then take the others and divide them into three types: classic, bc, and (for those who actually would want it) wrath. Revert the patch version on the clients to the last patch before the ones changing the game for the following expansion. The only thing I would want from modern game in say classic or bc is dual speccing (to encourage growth of healers and tanks)

This way blizz makes good use of dead servers, bring gamers with my mindset back, and give new gamers the feeling that they didn't buy the older games for no reason.

Comments and questions about my thinking or whatever are fine. Talk is free. Please help advocate my petition. Thank you for your time reading this.

Prucilak
10-28-2011, 12:53 PM
I feel that would be a cool idea, but dont know exactly how well it would work or if there would be any real interest from others to do it.

What would make the system better (read, easier and faster) is if you could copy any charactor you have over the required level of the server. Other words, if you have a level 85 pally, you can copy him to a level 60 server with no gear and start dungeons. You still have your 85, you just now have a level 60 to raid with on that specific server.

Quinafoi
10-28-2011, 01:05 PM
Please help advocate my petition.

No.

Theotherone
10-28-2011, 01:11 PM
This idea about old school severs comes up on the Official Forums all the time, Blizz has said over and over and over and over that they won't do this, that they want Azeroth to evolve and they want to create memories for players. It's really just whistling into the wind as far a Blizz is concerned.

Quinafoi
10-28-2011, 01:12 PM
Bottom line, for the first time in a very long time, World of Warcraft is on the same version in all countries. This cuts support costs dramatically because they don't need to support multiple client and server application versions. What you're proposing is that they litterally take money and throw it in the trash because supporting such a system alone will cost significantly more than a minor change in revenue they may see.

STBU
10-28-2011, 01:18 PM
Well wow no longer is worth my money or what little free time I have as they keep screwing things up like they started doing in wrath. If they can't fix themselves then they're like obama. He won't have my vote, and blizz just won't have my money.

leethaxor
10-28-2011, 01:18 PM
Spiritus (or I think it was him) made a good arguement for why it wouldn't work on a podcast video thing you should watch/listen to called forum junkies.

paraphrasing

"After a while the nostalgia runs out. There isn't new content being made, the talent trees are well know, the bosses are already defeated and the strats are know. After a few months people will get bored of the fact that new content isn't being made for their realms, and just re-roll on live servers again."

Fetzie
10-28-2011, 01:20 PM
Bottom line is, I think this is one of the only things you can safely bet money on that Blizzard will never implement.

Theotherone
10-28-2011, 01:21 PM
"After a few months people will get bored of the fact that new content isn't being made for their realms, and just re-roll on live servers again."

Nope, they'd bitch that there's no new content for their old school servers and that Blizz hates them and favors the people playing on the newest versions. That Blizz should make special content updates for them, blah, blah, blah.....

leethaxor
10-28-2011, 01:22 PM
Nope, they'd bitch that there's no new content for their old school servers and that Blizz hates them and favors the people playing on the newest versions. That Blizz should make special content updates for them, blah, blah, blah.....

Yeah, thats a better point. But after they realized blizzard wasn't going to anything for them *cough* shamans *cough* they will stop complaining and re-roll.

Quinafoi
10-28-2011, 01:22 PM
Well wow no longer is worth my money or what little free time I have as they keep screwing things up like they started doing in wrath. If they can't fix themselves then they're like obama. He won't have my vote, and blizz just won't have my money.

The whole Blizzard doesn't please me and I'm going to cancel my account defense is a bit old. No one can please everyone. And in the greater scheme of things Blizzard not pleasing you is less important to them than keeping the other eleven plus million people pleased.

On a different note... check the posting rules.

Politics and religion are off limits here. This is a forum for discussing the realities of a fantasy world (such as that goes.) Please don't bring the real world into it.

Charon
10-28-2011, 02:55 PM
Another solution! If you're that interested in old content, hit 60/70/80 and lock your XP. Find like-minded people and make a guild of it, and gear accordingly. Easy to do. The only issue would be PVP since the brackets got split up and 60/70 is now the bottom end of the bracket rather than the top, so lock your XP at 64/74 for PVP toons. ;)

STBU
10-28-2011, 04:57 PM
That idea Charon made has one problem: the current pvp system enables ppl to just get by, not try to win. Blizz is saying “oh it's ok if you lose, A for effort!". I liked it back in bc. It was like willy wonka when he said “you lose! You get nothing! Good day, sir!"

And no there's not a guild for that. There never is, and my military mindset probably would turn off most pvpers nowadays.

nobel
10-28-2011, 07:10 PM
At first glance I always thought it was a good idea.. Putting more thought into it tho it's not. Vanilla wow was the best blizzard game I played because of the true mom experience.. When they started doing all this cross realm shit is when it started going for a crap.. Vanilla was fun because it was a true community experience, other then that most of the actually content is better but the cross realm stuff destroyed the server community of this game.

Li

Toushiro
10-28-2011, 07:17 PM
Another solution! If you're that interested in old content, hit 60/70/80 and lock your XP. Find like-minded people and make a guild of it, and gear accordingly. Easy to do. The only issue would be PVP since the brackets got split up and 60/70 is now the bottom end of the bracket rather than the top, so lock your XP at 64/74 for PVP toons. ;)

this is a big incorrect, lvl 60 exp off has it's own bracket and same with 70 and 80 exp off.

Darksend
10-28-2011, 09:12 PM
this is a big incorrect, lvl 60 exp off has it's own bracket and same with 70 and 80 exp off.As someone who has a fully geared level 60 exp off mage, nothing is worse than that 64 rogue ambushing me for more health than I have *2. 60 most certainly does not have its own bracket

leethaxor
10-28-2011, 09:13 PM
As someone who has a fully geared level 60 exp off mage, nothing is worse than that 64 rogue ambushing me for more health than I have *2. 60 most certainly does not have its own bracket
Correct I twink in the 70 bracket, and RBG. You can get into bg's, rbg's, and arena's with lvl 74 characters.
At that level the advantage is less, mainly because you still have the same gear... Just the conversion coefficients drop.

STBU
10-29-2011, 07:01 AM
Look my real beef is the lack of competitive and cooperative spirit amongst gamers today. I'm in the military it's one team one fight. We all strive to be the best we can be yet still work together to get the job done. Last I pvped in wow I saw a gaggle of individuals doing their own thing, not trying to work together, not trying to accomplish the mission. I was a teen when bc was current and I still saw teamwork with one guy leading the charge, telling people what to do and them executing. I don't see it today and I blame the new pvp system blizz implemented in wrath where 3 losses make 1 win. That's why I want prewrath content back. To fix stupid, to put it bluntly.

Prucilak
10-29-2011, 07:22 AM
Military members are trained and have good coordination and communication. To get that same effect on wow you need to have vent, a strong, smart leader and practice as a team. If you expect to pick 10 people, give them weapons and a mission and expect them to succeed your mistaken.

leethaxor
10-29-2011, 07:39 AM
Look my real beef is the lack of competitive and cooperative spirit amongst gamers today.

Are you in a guild and raiding? Are you on a solid RBG team? On an arena team? There is no end game content (random battle groups, random 5mans aren't end game) in wow that you become good at by doing it solo. Playing the game at the maximum level means learning how to work efficiently with other people. If that aspect of the game is lost on you I don't know what you have been doing.

My guild has killed heroic ragnaros. Doing so without my guildmates working together as a cohesive unit is completely impossible. I've arena'd and RBG'd with players up to 3k rating. You get that good because you know what your teammates are going to do, working with them over weeks, knowing what they are going to do as they do it, being able to affectingly communicate what is happening to you AND your enemy.

STBU
10-29-2011, 08:39 AM
I'm currently not subbed won't have time to for a while. I'll have to see when I get back if I feel like wow or gw2 or if I even have time between Army, college, and females to dedicate a lot of time to an mmo. Back in bc I did my homework hopped on wow found random ppl for a premade, constant wins from 4 to 10, made friends, went to bed rinse repeat my day. I wish I could still do this at my will today but it doesn't seem so. And for arenas I had friends from premades who could hook my warrior up

Zaronis
10-29-2011, 08:52 AM
The problem is not the version of World of Warcraft you are playing.

The problem is the kind of players we have today.

I don't think World of Warcraft has trained players to be apathetic to winning or loosing. The game might be encouraging that kind of playstyle, but people still make that choice for themselves. There has been a shift in the attitude of the general community.

Blizzard could encourage people to try harder by removing honorable kills in battlegrounds, and not awarding honor to the losing team. That will not happen is because one faction's victories would snowball. This issue needs to be addressed by each player individually. Try talking to another PvPer one on one, outside a battleground. Ask if he wants to improve. When one says "yes" work with him, and show where research can be done.

STBU
10-29-2011, 12:18 PM
Perhaps once I got time and patience because almost everyone nowadays has the I'm right you're wrong mindset, and whoever has better gear and ranking will always be listened to even if he's a complete idiot. Now if I can catch the ear of the right ppl like a guild leader, that's different. Like I said much to ponder once I got the time

leethaxor
10-29-2011, 01:11 PM
Perhaps once I got time and patience because almost everyone nowadays has the I'm right you're wrong mindset, and whoever has better gear and ranking will always be listened to even if he's a complete idiot. Now if I can catch the ear of the right ppl like a guild leader, that's different. Like I said much to ponder once I got the time

Time is the investment your missing. Also you need to prove your good enough to get into the groups that work as a unit, you can't be a scrub in ZA/ZG, you may have all the skill the in world. But you are the same as a block of iron, while refined, and ready to be smithed into a sword. It has no edge, and is no more a weapon then a stone.

Tengenstein
10-29-2011, 03:22 PM
The problem is time. I rbg with the same people. And we are coordinated. Picking a random group of peeps will pf course yeild a lesser expierience than with a group your practiced with. The problem is that you're expecting a bunch of random scrubs to work well together. That isn't going to happen except by blind luck. Wow is still a social game, the people i raid with are my friends and it works because they are my friends, the people i rbg with are my friends and it works because they are my friends.R

Kahmal
10-29-2011, 08:01 PM
This idea about old school severs comes up on the Official Forums all the time, Blizz has said over and over and over and over that they won't do this, that they want Azeroth to evolve and they want to create memories for players. It's really just whistling into the wind as far a Blizz is concerned.

Evolve and create memories? How many memories am i going to develop sitting in Orgrimmar all the damn time porting from instance to instance lol.

I agree as kewl as the idea is it would just screw things up. But i found that statement laughable, I dont have those random adventures that would spring up like in Classic or TBC while I was actually out in the world cause there is little reason to be in it. WoTLK made it so you could make gold w/o leaving the capital and the deathblow was the LFD system.

I'm also baffled that on my server at least there is barely any fighting between Horde and Alliance in the Firelands quest hub. People seem to only be concerned about business these days unlike the days of the Isle of Quel'delnas.

mavfin
10-29-2011, 08:40 PM
I'm also baffled that on my server at least there is barely any fighting between Horde and Alliance in the Firelands quest hub. People seem to only be concerned about business these days unlike the days of the Isle of Quel'delnas.

That's actually the fault of the min-maxers and the hardcore that push 'max X per hour' and all that, rather than having fun playing the game; i.e. they say world PvP takes away from their min/max daily time, so that's bad in their eyes. World PvP died when the min/maxers realized you could get much more honor per hour in BGs.

I don't PvP myself, but there's a LOT of things that we used to do outside the cities that people don't do anymore *because* it's not the most efficient way, but, no one goes and does these fun things, either. So, the community is as much or more to blame than Blizzard.

Kahmal
10-29-2011, 09:20 PM
Its not about min maxing in PvP. It was no secret that BGs got you the most honor but they get repetitive while World PvP is in a different scenario and no holds barred. Whether you fought over a Khorium Node, the Summoning Stone or the entire questing territory it was something that sprung up.

mavfin
10-29-2011, 09:52 PM
Its not about min maxing in PvP. It was no secret that BGs got you the most honor but they get repetitive while World PvP is in a different scenario and no holds barred. Whether you fought over a Khorium Node, the Summoning Stone or the entire questing territory it was something that sprung up.

Yeah, and that's all about the fun. The min/maxers have convinced (somehow) the community that you're wasting your time if you're not doing things the 'optimal' way. It's a disease you see even here on Tankspot. Millions of people play the game, for various reasons, but many in the community look down on anyone that doesn't do it their way, and unfortunately, the lemmings follow them.

Fetzie
10-30-2011, 12:32 AM
Yeah, and that's all about the fun. The min/maxers have convinced (somehow) the community that you're wasting your time if you're not doing things the 'optimal' way. It's a disease you see even here on Tankspot. Millions of people play the game, for various reasons, but many in the community look down on anyone that doesn't do it their way, and unfortunately, the lemmings follow them.

World of Warcraft is a math based game. Everything to do with DPS and incoming damage can be mathed out and expressed with equations. Given certain restrictions there will ALWAYS be the "best" dps specc, the "best" way to reduce damage taken and likewise the least "optimal" way to go about things. Yes, stuff in normal mode raids will fall over by pretty much breathing at it, but there are going to be encounters where you need every damage per second that you can muster. I could regem to Spirit, only use crusader strike and ShoR and still be able to tank; this doesn't mean there isn't a way to "tank better".

orcstar
10-30-2011, 04:24 AM
Reality check:
PvP in Vanilla was a joke. World of one shot craft and if you weren't one of the few in the highest tier of PvE content you wouldn't stand a chance and there was no way to catch up gearwise.
Premades were a joke too, because premades were only there to rofl-stomp the unorganized opposition, wasn't about being good at PvP it was only about getting the easy win.

The normal battlegrounds these days are about one thing only and that's getting gear so you can start competing in arena's and rbg.

Having said that, your destiny is in your own hands. Too many complainers and too little do-ers. People are waiting for guidance and as soon as someone give that guidance you will already have an edge over the opposing team. Start guiding and people will listen. This can be as simple as saying in battleground chat: "ok 10 people needed to defend Galvangar" in Alterac, or saying "gogogo for the towers and ignore the flag" in eye of the storm.
I've personally changed tides of battle with just a few lines in battleground chat. It won't always work and you always have the haters, but when it does and you see the "gj" comments at the end of a battle it gives a good feeling.
One of the hardest things if you try this though is to keep your cool. Whatever happens, don't start calling people morons or whatever and use a positive approach. Ignore people using foul language and try to come over as mature.

Try it, you'll bang your head on the keyboard once in a while, but otoh, the other day I managed to get a victory while defending Tol Barad just by having the entire raid circlejerking around and taking the bases the alliance had taken. I got a lot of compliments for that of people who thought it wasn't even possible to win a defense. It felt good and wasn't hard.
A friend of mine is better at pvp, sees things better and when we're on vent, helps me a lot. But somehow he doesn't use those qualities in battlegrounds to help the team. He's afraid to speak up. What do you have to lose? You will probably never meet them in real life so give it a chance.

mavfin
10-30-2011, 07:53 AM
World of Warcraft is a math based game. Everything to do with DPS and incoming damage can be mathed out and expressed with equations. Given certain restrictions there will ALWAYS be the "best" dps specc, the "best" way to reduce damage taken and likewise the least "optimal" way to go about things. Yes, stuff in normal mode raids will fall over by pretty much breathing at it, but there are going to be encounters where you need every damage per second that you can muster. I could regem to Spirit, only use crusader strike and ShoR and still be able to tank; this doesn't mean there isn't a way to "tank better".

Fetzie, I was talking about PvP and why there's no world PvP, while you went off on the raiding thing, which I know all about, and while you were at it illustrated my exact point, because you obviously didn't even read or get the context of my post. People bitch about there being no world PvP, but, they look down on anyone who doesn't do it the 'optimal' way, so, they shoot themselves in the foot by doing so. People bitch about everyone staying in the cities and just running dungeons and raiding. Well, that's because that's the 'optimal' use of time to get the rewards, and if you do something else, the lemmings will point at you and laugh, and a lot of people are too insecure to go their own way and actually play for fun.

Also, the new talents are made to give a bit more choice, as the current talent system really doesn't have any, since there's always the mathed-out, 'best' build for every class/spec. *Some* of the talents in the new system (not all) are actually a preference thing, and not really math-able, and all the old math-able stuff is simply built-in, since Blizzard saw that no one really deviated from the cookie-cutters anyway, so they decided to stop maintaining all that for people who didn't use it.

Kahmal
10-31-2011, 10:46 AM
Fetzie, I was talking about PvP and why there's no world PvP, while you went off on the raiding thing, which I know all about, and while you were at it illustrated my exact point, because you obviously didn't even read or get the context of my post. People bitch about there being no world PvP, but, they look down on anyone who doesn't do it the 'optimal' way, so, they shoot themselves in the foot by doing so. People bitch about everyone staying in the cities and just running dungeons and raiding. Well, that's because that's the 'optimal' use of time to get the rewards, and if you do something else, the lemmings will point at you and laugh, and a lot of people are too insecure to go their own way and actually play for fun.

Also, the new talents are made to give a bit more choice, as the current talent system really doesn't have any, since there's always the mathed-out, 'best' build for every class/spec. *Some* of the talents in the new system (not all) are actually a preference thing, and not really math-able, and all the old math-able stuff is simply built-in, since Blizzard saw that no one really deviated from the cookie-cutters anyway, so they decided to stop maintaining all that for people who didn't use it.

I personally thought the lack of World PvP stemmed off of the fact that daily quest hubs since WoTLK became pretty useless. Conflicts would spring up all around daily hubs in TBC. Cata has the Firelands hub and very rarely do I see people getting into fights. Its just odd to me.

sifuedition
10-31-2011, 11:40 AM
On my server, there is a MASSIVE faction imbalance. I have simply written off FL dailies. No point in trying... Which is not fun in a game. In fact, it makes ne question why I pay.

Leucifer
10-31-2011, 12:32 PM
90% of the OP's problem is his own attitude.

Looking at this and his posts, it's mainly a QQ, "gawsh back in the old days...."....

Look gramps. Things change. Simple fact of life. Adapt. Overcome.

You liked rolling in premades and smoking probably disorganized, random, clusterf**ks for fun. Who doesn't? Who doesn't like winning? That's part of what killed Wintergrasp in WotLK on my server. Horde DOMINATED. A lot of people ended up faction jumping as soon as the opportunity arose. They went to roll with the "winners". Problem was, alliance simply stopped giving a damn. WG became all-horde, all-the-time. Were any of them interested in jumping back over to make it competitive? No.

Which reminds me... I had the exquisite joy of slaughtering an old guildie last night that did just that. :) Ahhhhh......

Anyway.... so, things changed. Guess what? You're the old-school guy.... PUT SOMETHING TOGETHER.
You whine about community? DEVELOP ONE. I know. Might require some work. Might have to teach the noob to not go soloing off on their own. Or crazier yet, you might need to roll a healer and become the support for these other guys, show them firsthand the difference it makes.

As a former military guy myself, I'll tell you the same thing I tell the kids I see here at my workplace every day.....
You don't like it? Then man up and lead from the front. Easy to sit back and follow and whine.

Now I sound like the old man. F***. See what ya got me doing?

Start small. Find some like-minded people and set a committment to doing something. Maybe a 5 man pre-made team for random bg's every other night for 2 hours. Sure, it's not a full 10.... but you'd be surprised at the effect that 5 good players can have on a random group. If you guys show you know what you're doing and stomp people.... guess what.... other people will notice and fall in line.

Leucifer
10-31-2011, 12:38 PM
On my server, there is a MASSIVE faction imbalance. I have simply written off FL dailies. No point in trying... Which is not fun in a game. In fact, it makes ne question why I pay.

If you're on a pvp server..... heads up!
Most of them ARE extremely unbalanced. Except the RP ones for whatever reason. Those seem to have a tighter ratio.

Kahmal
10-31-2011, 01:56 PM
I could have sworn in Vanilla there was a system that made it so the factions were moderately balanced, or perhaps I'm thinking of another game.

mavfin
10-31-2011, 05:17 PM
I could have sworn in Vanilla there was a system that made it so the factions were moderately balanced, or perhaps I'm thinking of another game.

Must be another game.

Charon
10-31-2011, 05:53 PM
Leucifer, despite the wall-o-text, I kinda really love your response! I agree that the lack of community sucks, and leading from the front is always the best way to fix that. Great comment, Father Time! Lol.

Mustache
10-31-2011, 06:36 PM
I wouldn't be too surprised to see them do a progression locked server like EQ did.. at some point, but it will probably be too little too late just like EQ's. The only thing I do in fact miss is being uncapped on your own progression, granted the VP cap lets me play for 6 hours a week and max out my progression for the week, its just frustrating to not be able to do more even if I wanted to. I wonder how long til they put an item in the blizzard shop to let you have a higher VP cap each week.. lol.

Zaronis
10-31-2011, 07:50 PM
Leucifer answered the thread. Good job.

I've got a theory about a possible side-effect of the dungeon finder. Those random dudes who will quit after one death, I think they only know how to find the instance portal by queuing. I have experienced some difficulty myself; it takes some exploration to solve.

Fetzie
10-31-2011, 07:52 PM
Leucifer answered the thread. Good job.

I've got a theory about a possible side-effect of the dungeon finder. Those random dudes who will quit after one death, I think they only know how to find the instance portal by queuing. I have experienced some difficulty myself; it takes some exploration to solve.

This is one of the reasons why I was unhappy with the decision to remove the requirement of actually physically removing the requirement to "discover" the dungeon entrance, people learnt the corpse run before they entered the dungeon.

Nashiira
11-01-2011, 02:48 AM
I played back then, old raiding was not that great. Sure a number of us look back with rose-tinted glasses but that's just what they are. Encounters are almost always tank and spank, hybrid meant healer, you had to farm all week to have every type of potion and flask on because there were no limitations, player buffs were necessary yet had stupidly short durations, no summon stones, and no food tables.

To remember fondly at these times was not the raiding but the people you raided with.

Fetzie
11-01-2011, 02:51 AM
I would never have really got into raiding in Classic if I had been in a raid that expected a 100+ gold buff bar (1000g in today's money), I am also happy that the guild bank can, basically, fund our raid's flask, food and repair costs from Cash Flow + the dungeon/raid challenges.

leethaxor
11-01-2011, 10:44 AM
I played back then, old raiding was not that great. Sure a number of us look back with rose-tinted glasses but that's just what they are. Encounters are almost always tank and spank, hybrid meant healer, you had to farm all week to have every type of potion and flask on because there were no limitations, player buffs were necessary yet had stupidly short durations, no summon stones, and no food tables.

This. 100% This.

In Molten Core:

Warriors were tanks, if you were dps you still had some 16 points in prot because you would eventually over aggro and tank.
Paladins stood 60 yards away from the boss and rez'd people because they could do nothing else.
Druids cast intervate... And attempted to heal.
Mages were frost, but still had to spec deep arcane for evocation.
Priests had to have some 30 keybinds for every rank of every spell to have maximum mana efficieny. Also if you were alliance you were the only class that could heal.
Hunters could AFK for the entire fight, and nothing would change
Rogues had one button, sinister strike.

Also you couldn't raid in about 50% of the gear the dropped from here. Because none of it had Fire Resist. So all it was good for was standing around in SW looking cool with.

Oh and are we forgetting the fun of BWD. Most people weren't in a good guild at the time, racing for progression kills yet (hell most people weren't max level). But as I recall if two guilds on my server engaged Nefarion at the same time.... Our realm crashed. So we had to organize pulls between two guilds, so we could keep our server up.

Don't get me started on AQ, which is in my opinion the second worst raid ever.

STBU
11-01-2011, 05:35 PM
I would love to lead from the front and I know I could but the person who said that, if you were military then you know free time is rare. My days so far have been work all day then crash on the bed to sleep. If I had someone with more free time to help me out by falling in place in my absence then yeah sounds great. Only guy I can think of is my bro, and since he's civilian I think he could help interpret my goals to most gamers. I try to explain it myself and I start using army lingo lol

Libellus
11-03-2011, 04:45 AM
To remember fondly at these times was not the raiding but the people you raided with.

I heartily agree, but it is not only this, it is also the other circumstances in the lives of those players that make them look fondly on those times.

I have fond memories of raiding in TBC because of who I raided with and because this was against a backdrop of other stuff going on in my life.

Even if I could get the people back and the content back, I cannot recreate my RL circumstances at that time. So the result would be different and would probably be a dissappointment.

People asking for Vanilla/TBC servers really don't understand what they're asking for and that they won't be able to get the experience back they once had. That alone is a good enough reason for Blizz not to make those servers, even before you consider all the other logistical and finanical reasons.

Kahmal
11-13-2011, 01:23 PM
One thing I would like to chime in is I think a very good implementation Blizzard should do is create leveling servers. Blizzard needs to attract new players and I dont see how new players can fall in love with this game the same way a Vanilla player could have by doing streamlined quest an empty world while sitting in queue for a dungeon where they get ported in.

A leveling character could have a choice on whether they want to go to their designated server or to a leveling server. Players 5 levels above each other wont be able to attack one another (since I'm pretty sure people would grief others at level 84 and you would be able to have your friend jump on his main to save you) and for the most part the LFD tool will be a last resort when your spamming for a group for too long, and non of the porting crap, that should be a convience appreciated after you hit the leveling cap.

I started playing WoW in Vanilla ended up in Goldshire where there were tons of other lowbies to associate with and duel, getting ganked by rogues, and running Deadmines for the first time knowing that there was still so much to explore.

CarrieWeir
11-14-2011, 12:49 AM
Today's pvp is a joke. No one cares about winning, nor do they offer healers any protection or even organize for a coordinated strike. Pvpers have no competitive spirit any more.

I'm quite with you here. Pvpers today really need to do their work through cooperation.