PDA

View Full Version : Healing ptr and addons

Ishamaelazure
10-26-2011, 10:44 PM
Hi guys gone on ptr just wondering if its possible to get addons working on there and if so how thx for any advice givenIshamael

Tschus
10-27-2011, 12:40 AM
Several addons have updated for the PTR (more or less). Grab some latest update and try it.

Theotherone
10-27-2011, 06:57 AM
I've got Dominos and Healbot working on the PTR, you need to do a manual install into the Addon directory.

I have no clue if DBM works, haven't tried that one.

Quinafoi
10-27-2011, 08:13 AM
A release version of an addon will only be for the live version of WoW, however just like you can load out of date addons in live, you can also do so in the PTR provided you copy the addons and their settings over.

At this time I'm unaware of any major API alterations in the 4.3 patch so most addons which function today should continue to function on the PTR with a few exceptions. There are however several base UI alterations to be aware of.

Bags/storage, raid interface, guild interface, reforging interface, minimap, world map, quest tracking, and character portraits received some changes in the 4.3 patch. Addons which alter or are built off of these functions may encounter issues as a result of the alterations. For example, since character portraits were modified, unit frames which display character portraits (particularly the 3d models) may have issues. I say may because it's also possible the alterations won't have an effect though since it is providing more options (and if they are truly optional, default values may still suffice). If you are experiencing issues I would focus on addons which alter one of the above functions as a likely culprit.

Naturally any addon which is zone or content dependent may have issues with any new or altered zones. For example, DBM will likely function however won't have modules for new encounters (unless you download a PTR version). Map addons may also have issues in new zones.

Action bars have not been modified and should continue to function as they do today.
The buff/debuff system is not being altered in this patch so aura monitors should continue to function.
The combat event system is not being altered in this patch so addons which parse combat events should function such as combat text, cooldown monitors, and meters.

Theotherone
10-27-2011, 08:25 AM
Dominos and Healbot are working as normal, but Recount has been a bit funky for me; some odd numbers showing up at times.

Quinafoi
10-27-2011, 08:47 AM
Blizzard did alter a key aspect to how math is done by addons, particularly when dividing by zero. The alpha versions of Recount on WoWAce attempt to fix that issue.

http://www.wowace.com/addons/recount

Any particular addon you are experiencing issues with on the PTR you should check the developers primary site for the lates alpha or beta version and you may also want to take a look at what is being changed. In the case of recount alphas 1175 through 1178 all are fixing divide by zero issues with ptr 4.3 patch.

Ishamaelazure
10-27-2011, 10:25 AM
right thx for hlp guys 1 more thing (not the best on comps) can i copy the addon folder over from wow or does it have to be manual install thx again for hlp

Quinafoi
10-27-2011, 11:10 AM
You will want both the addons and the SavedVariables.

Ishamaelazure
10-27-2011, 03:19 PM
Cool tyvm will have a go tomoz

Ishamaelazure
10-29-2011, 01:21 AM
thx guys that worked grt

kopcap
10-29-2011, 03:23 AM
Anyone knows of OmniCC fix for PTR or a similar addon that works there?