PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Warrior 10M HC tank need advice about Crystallized Firestone and gear check

pcigre
10-21-2011, 02:26 AM
What should I upgrade with Crystallized Firestone?

Also I know there are some tweaks to be done with my current gear. Any hints to point me what should I change?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/argent-dawn/Tuntun/advanced

T (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/argent-dawn/Tuntun/advanced)HX in advance.

edit: there is no chance we are doing Beth HC any soon, so I was thinking that weapon upgrade would be best option.

Strucker
10-21-2011, 04:47 AM
For the Crystallized Firestone, upgrading your weapon would make sense if there is no chance of progressing through Heroic Beth anytime soon. The neck piece would be the best option otherwise as it is BiS when upgraded and offers a larger stat increase then the range weapon.

Also...
You would be better off using the block meta gem, it reduces more damage then the armor one.
Your Dodge and Parry are way out of sync, that means you are taking a much larger toll from DR then need be.
Until you cap your CTC you want to use 2 mastery trinkets, the Essence of the Eternal Flame from the FLs rep is a good option as is the Mirror from the TB rep.
The tanking cloak from the thrall quest line is better then your current one.
You can gain more mastery by reforging the parry on your Chest and Wrist pieces into Mastery.
You should be using the Parry/Mastery red gems not Parry/Stamina.
You should be using the Mastery/Stam blue gems, not pure Stamina.
Your JC gems should be pure Mastery.

The talents Gag Order, Blood Craze and to a lesser extent Improved Revenge are not worthwhile.
Picking up Cruelty/War Academy/Deep Wounds would get you a large DPS bump.

For single target boss fights, revenge is currently not of much use, you'll get more out of your rage if you favor devastate over it.

Hope that helps.

pcigre
10-21-2011, 07:02 AM
First of all, thx for a lot of valuable advises.

For the Crystallized Firestone, upgrading your weapon would make sense if there is no chance of progressing through Heroic Beth anytime soon. The neck piece would be the best option otherwise as it is BiS when upgraded and offers a larger stat increase then the range weapon.

Grabbed neck.

You would be better off using the block meta gem, it reduces more damage then the armor one.

Changed.

Your Dodge and Parry are way out of sync, that means you are taking a much larger toll from DR then need be.

Syced.

The tanking cloak from the thrall quest line is better then your current one.

Hm... I vendored it...

You should be using the Parry/Mastery red gems not Parry/Stamina.
You should be using the Mastery/Stam blue gems, not pure Stamina.
Your JC gems should be pure Mastery.

Done.

The talents Gag Order, Blood Craze and to a lesser extent Improved Revenge are not worthwhile.
Picking up Cruelty/War Academy/Deep Wounds would get you a large DPS bump.

And done. Armory should reflect it now.

Strucker
10-21-2011, 07:31 AM
Looks a lot better. Unbuffed you have about 95.66 CTC, buffed it should be around 100 (Out of 102.4), that'll make your healer's lives easier.

A couple things I missed last time...
Your cloak should be reforged for mastery not dodge.
Your helm's second gem should be straight Mastery not Mastery/Stam
Ideally you want your parry alittle over your dodge thanks to the Hold the Line talent. 10% more parry then dodge is a good rule of thumb.
If you can afforded the crafted boots, they would be a sizable upgrade.
You can probably get the Thrall quest line cloak back if you open a ticket.

pcigre
10-21-2011, 06:04 PM
Your cloak should be reforged for mastery not dodge.

That was silly mistake from me. Sorted.

Your helm's second gem should be straight Mastery not Mastery/Stam

Re-gemmed.

If you can afforded the crafted boots, they would be a sizable upgrade.

I can, but hard to find crafter this days from some unknown reason.

You can probably get the Thrall quest line cloak back if you open a ticket.

Tried but it didn't work.

Thanks once again for all help provided so far.