PDA

View Full Version : Tanking protpally: BiS trinkets for ragnaros hc?

azur879
10-19-2011, 12:14 PM
Spidersilk Spindel and scales of life? Do you agree?

azur879
10-19-2011, 12:16 PM
or mirror of broken images is also taken in account

Bigbad
10-19-2011, 12:20 PM
Mirror + vial of stolen memories for 25man
Mirror + spindel for 10man

Just my personal opinion as warrior should be the same for a pally. Not a big fan of Scales of life it kinda sucks besides the nice amount of stamina on it.

azur879
10-19-2011, 12:32 PM
Im asking because i just got my hands on a firestone, wondering if i should upgrade my scales or something else

sifuedition
10-20-2011, 10:24 AM
Upgrade firebound gorget instead if you have it. Just my opinion.

Exiledknight
10-21-2011, 09:12 AM
Upgrade the Scales, it is your BiS trinket for evey fight sans H Baleroc since you need the extra 5% ctc. Scales is huge especially in p2 when the moltens are out and world on flames due to the massive movement. The on use coupled with a WoG is huge to helping your healers out.
You should use the scales(391 version HIGHLY preferred) and the spindle, the spindle simply gives you more itemization allowing you to push stam and avoidance higher than the mirror, in addition to tanks the magic dmg isn't threatening at all, if you are dying to traps and such that is a healer problem more than a tank or gearing problem.

klausi
10-22-2011, 08:59 AM
10m: Vessel, Essence (reforged for exp), Heart of Rage (heroic), License to Slay (reforged for exp), Apparatus - more or less in that order from best to worst.

Unless you bring some uber dps (eg one or even two legendary staffs) or feel really comfortable with two meteors żou'll want all damage possible. You should be able to reach full ctc with no mastery trinkets at 6/7 heroic progress.

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/1336/raghc.jpg
Tank incoming damage is rather low, sub 8k dps each if played properly (3 stacks burning wound maximum) over the entire fight. Traps needs to be announced so you can pop a cooldown for them, you want to weave in a WoG while running away from the seeds and taunt ASAP when your buff runs out. As you can see on the picture it's the intermission with phase of high incoming damage (lava bolt) and your healers will have to work for their money during phase 4 (superheated + burning wound + melee attacks).