PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Prot Warrior Gems/Reforging Strategy

Trigunflame
09-30-2011, 03:30 AM
Hi, I have a toon i'm looking to take into my guilds 10m n.firelands alt-run and was looking for some advice on how I should gem/reforge optimally.

Thus far I have taken the mitigation/avoidance route (mastery>parry>=dodge>sta>etc) over the use of any sta when possible (using the one sta/mastery gem in helm for 30dodge bonus)

My question is in regard as to how far I should go into stacking mastery and as to whether or not I should even bother to obtain sta socket bonuses?

As I understand it, there are no diminishing returns involved with mastery - but is there a point (soft cap so to speak; achieving ctc passively?) where by going any further it becomes less effective than going with parry/mastery or sta/mastery gem combinations in order to achieve sta socket bonuses.

Current setup @ http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Trėgun/advanced

Thanks.

woodyman
09-30-2011, 04:02 AM
passive CTC is 102.4% which cannot be reached till ur at a very high gear level so it wont do you any harm to keep pushing mastery.
i myself still like to run with a bit of stam as well (ie stam trink) just for the sake of things like magical damage which cannot be avoided.
But then maybe im just stuck in my ways

Grindleguts
09-30-2011, 04:41 AM
Unless the socket bonus is quite mediocre (like +15 sta) I'd go with picking up bonuses to get the most out of your gear. Also like poster above said you can quite safely stack mastery until you hit 102.4% passively - that be without shield block up. Quite simply because it gives you the most value per point, and for the fights where magic damage is the bigger issue you swap to Stam/Resistance trinket.