PDA

View Full Version : End Time

Aliena
09-28-2011, 09:50 PM
bInxR1tkXGE

This is a walkthrough to End Time, the first newly released 5-man instance on the 4.3 PTR. Do note that all this footage is taken in the first stages of the PTR and the dungeon might receive significant changes in the future.

End Time is located in the Caverns of Time, and depicts a pretty macabre alternate reality in which Deathwing was not stopped from destroying Azeroth. This instance features a total of 3 encounters - the first two are randomly selected from a pool of 4 possible scenarios, the last encounter will always be Murozond in the Bronze Dragonshrine.

Let's go over the 4 changing scenarios. Echo of Jaina will greet you in the in the Azure Dragonshrine. In this vision you have to collect all 16 green fragments strewn about the place, after which Jaina will show up in the blue circle near the entrance. The priests in the trash packs will spawn little lightwells that need to be killed, as they do massive amounts of healing. Other than that, it's advisable to kill the trash packs near Jaina's spawn point, others can be avoided if your party is sneaky enough.

Jaina is a fairly easy opponent - she'll occasionally blink around and shower your party with frostbolts that require some healing, but neither of these abilities require special action. However, there's two things you need to watch out for: Frost Blades, which are very obvious and easily avoided. Standing in one of those will stun you for 5 seconds, so don't stand in them. Her most devastating ability is Flarecore, which is a little earthy-looking fireball she'll throw at a random location. Once she does this, someone needs to run to the Flarecore and stand in it to detonate it.

If no one detonates the Flarecore within 10 seconds, it'll explode on its own and deal massive AoE damage to every party member. Long story short, assign someone to stand in the Flarecores as they pop up. She also has a Pyroblast, but tank damage seems very low in this encounter as it currently is.

Echo of Baine will greet you in the Obsidian Dragonshrine. The trash in this part of the instance is currently pretty devastating but can easily be dodged. Yes, you don't have to kill a single trash pack. If you decide to do so anyway, have your tank point the dragons away from the rest of your party and dispel every magic debuff. A lot of the nasties are probably interruptable, but I didn't get a good enough look at their abilities in detail.

Baine himself will stand on one of 4 platforms in the lava. Before engaging him, you want to spread your ranged party members out over at least two of the platforms with the tank and melee on Baine's own platform. If possible, avoid dragging Baine into lava, as he gains a temporary buff whenever he touches it. Your party's melee also get a buff when touching the lava, so tanking him near it and having them dip in and out of it might be worth it.

Occasionally, Baine will throw a totem at a random party member - getting hit by a totem will throw that person off the platform, but they should quickly get back to the totem, pick it up and throw it back at Baine. Throwing his totem back at Baine before it disappears will take off 10% of his health, stun him for several seconds and also make him take double damage.

If you don't kill him quickly enough, Baine might jump onto a platform and pulverize it, which deals some damage to everyone on the platform and completely destroys it. If that happens, the party members on the destroyed platform should seek refuge on the tank platform and continue the fight as normal. It's worth spreading out over multiple platforms so less people have to move should this happen.

Echo of Tyrande will greet you in the Emerald Dragonshrine. Once you enter this area, you'll see a bunch of Nightsabers and a fountain of light. Drag any nightsabers that appear into the fountain of light and kill them there. Once the fountain disappears, move on to the next one (be sure that no party member gets left behind) and then repeat the process. After 5 fountains of light and many Nightsabers, Tyrande will spawn.

This is a very straightforward encounter. Basically, you want to avoid standing in anything Tyrande throws at you. Her basic attacks, Moonbolt and Stardust are unavoidable, but everything else is. She'll start out by throwing out Moonlances, which start out at her spawn point and travel outwards in a straight line. Standing in one will stun a player for 5 seconds and inflict some damage.

Her next avoidable ability is Eyes of the Goddess, little white balls of light that travel in a circular motion around the area. Standing in one will inflict significant damage and silence a player for 5 seconds. Think cyclones on Alysrazor, except less deadly.

When she's at 30% health, Tyrande will summon down Tears of Elune, which are blue missiles dropping out of the sky. Angling your camera upwards and zooming out should allow you to dodge most if not all of them. They don't deal much damage anyway though, so getting hit by them isn't the end of the world.

At 80% health and 55% health, Tyrande gains a stacking casting speed buff, for a combined total of 50% increased casting speed. This shouldn't be an issue, though. Damage is still low provided your party members don't stand in everything they possibly can.

Echo of Sylvanas will greet you in the Ruby Dragonshrine. I didn't notice anything particularly challenging about the trash leading up to her, so just kill the packs. You can ignore the vultures to the right.

Sylvanas is also fairly straightforward. Have your ranged members spread out at the beginning of the fight, so it's never more than one person that gets hit by Blighted Arrows. Blighted Arrows form a purple line on the ground and will deal damage as well as snare anyone within it, so just get out if she happens to cast it on you.

She also has two AoE abilities called Unholy Shot and Black Arrow which she'll use on a random party member and everyone nearby, which makes it an even better idea to stay spread out. Both of these will inflict 50000 damage to the target and everyone within 10 yards.

The key mechanic of this encounter is The Calling of the Highborne, where Sylvanas will ascend towards the sky and pull every party member towards her. A bunch of ghouls will spawn in a circle around her and start moving towards her. When the ghouls reach her, she'll sacrifice them which deals 300k damage to everyone within 10 yards. Moving through the ring of ghouls also inflicts massive damage, so the objective here is to mark ONE ghoul and have everyone kill it, which leaves a hole in the ring of ghouls that your party can escape through.

Once out of the ring, wait behind the missing ghoul until Sacrifice is cast, then spread out quickly as she'll follow it up with Blighted Arrows. Resume the fight as per normal until she's dead - she should not cast more than 2 Calling of the Highbornes before she dies.

Lastly, Murozond will await you in the Bronze Dragonshrine. He's your final opponent. Take out both trash packs and Murozond will become available. Have your tank face him away from the rest of your party, as he has a Flame Breath. Melee can safely stand as his back or his side. Have one party member stand near the hourglass in the middle of the area and have him click it around 80, 65, 50, 35 and 15% health - this will rewind time and reset all of your party's ability cooldowns as well as restore mana and health, which makes this fight incredibly easy. Also, Nozdormu will stand by and buff your party with Blessing of the Bronze Dragonflight, greatly increasing attack, casting and movement speed.

Murozond will throw Distortion Bombs at random party members, just get out of these when they're on you and enjoy this fun fight!

That concludes the "End Time" instance. I hope you enjoyed this walkthrough!

leethaxor
09-28-2011, 11:13 PM
Can you give us any of the lore spoilers or will that have to wait until I run it tomorrow?

Longstaff
09-29-2011, 12:46 AM
Really good to see some stuff from you Aliena =D
Bring back your weekly show ^^

dacoolist
09-29-2011, 02:00 AM
Heck yeah! I am making everyone of my friends watch your vid, so when the time comes, that place is much more fun, knowing a little bit before going head on. I know you have to be there for fully understand, but your videos on boss fights are the clearest, best viewing that I have seen on the net. Appreciate it, I can't WAIT to see the rest. ( I know they can, and im sure, will change a bit before 4.3, but let me say, BIG UP to you and all who made the vid possible! ) - You are Awesome!

-Dac

wormspeaker
09-29-2011, 08:41 AM
Knight Sabers? Where's Nene?

Wurtane
09-29-2011, 10:20 PM
I really hope they retune this dungeon this coming Tuesday. It's stupid easy right now. I'm a tank, and with the tank damage...well, let's just say healers get bored.

By the way, Aliena Daily Show again?

Kemanorel
09-30-2011, 02:20 AM
The priests in the trash packs will spawn little lightwells that need to be killed, as they do massive amounts of healing.

If only more raiders were this intelligent. I guess AI can click?

Outbackjack
09-30-2011, 07:03 AM
The bosses, especially Murozond, will hopefully have more health on live. Right now they fall over like wet paper bags, it actually made it difficult to judge what their abilities would do and how they affect the group. Murozond is ridiculously fun, though.

Kemanorel
09-30-2011, 07:52 AM
Murozond having more health won't counter the fact people get to reset all their cooldowns/trinks/etc 5 additional times when they use the hourglass.

Outbackjack
09-30-2011, 08:57 AM
Yes but it would allow you to enjoy the encounter mechanics a bit longer, which is the really cool part about that fight. Right now you can just chain Time Warp through the whole thing and be done super fast, which is kinda neat to do just that. If he was a little more resilient you could enjoy the encounter a bit more.

He's a huge dragon, and for all intents he's an Aspect (since he's the future evil Nozdormu). He does not feel like you're *fighting the Aspect of Time.

Kemanorel
09-30-2011, 10:45 AM
Increasing the danger of the swirly things he does, which would/could make the hourglass less a DPS toy and more a survival tool?

Wurtane
09-30-2011, 10:48 AM
Increasing the danger of the swirly things he does, which would/could make the hourglass less a DPS toy and more a survival tool?Yeah, but unless they make it so the swirly pools expand quickly (as in they get huge in 5sec) and the only way to reset them is the hourglass...what's the point? If it's just the damage on them is increased, people will just have be more on the ball about moving out of them. And since everyone's moving out of them anyway, I don't see how increasing their damage without adding something similar to effect I described does anything.

Outbackjack
09-30-2011, 11:13 AM
Each swirly pool could also be a pulsing AOE, the more pools that are up would increase party damage taken. Maybe even negate the Blessing that Nozdormu buffs the party with. Damn, I wish I had my authenticator with me to post on the PTR forums now.

I kinda like the anti-Blessing idea, actually. Nozdormu's buff is 40% haste, etc. Each pool could reduce your haste/etc by 20%, slowing you down and making you weaker with each pool that is up.

Kemanorel
09-30-2011, 03:23 PM
I must admit, tanked on a 356 alt DK and got azure and obsidian. yuck.

Cleared with one death to facepull of obsidian trash, 4x BL with 4x Army of the Dead was hilarious.

Maybe reduce WHICH cooldowns reset?

Kemanorel
10-01-2011, 04:45 AM
The tuning today was much better, but still not quite perfect. It was not so much challenging as not afk-able anymore, without being grueling.

klausi
10-02-2011, 06:13 AM
Well it's always the first push to see how certain mechanics works out for players, remember Zul on PTR recently? Half of the bosses could be damaged from cauldrons or didn't use their full repertoire of abilities. And on live they dreaden mediocre PUGs to death even after the 15% LFD buff :)

Don't bother to much about ability x dealing y damage for now, that can easily be trippled if needed to provide a real challenge.

Theotherone
10-09-2011, 03:31 PM
Healed this on my pally that I copied over to the PTR today; it's all in 378 with 4 piece bonus and it was stupid easy, I assume they'll retune it come release. It was fun, especially the last fight getting 5 heroes.

I have to say, I love the new Holy Radiance, even with the cast time.

Obscurustfu
11-29-2011, 07:57 AM
First time i looked at this vid after being in ptr pretty much till it closed.. thanks for the insight on throwing the totems back.. never knew that xD. Last boss i wouldnt get wrapped around the %health to turn the hourglass. as a ranged dps, i was always the one to turn it and from a pugging PoV where ppl are majority fail, I would always turn it based on the health status of the group moreso than the latter.. I don't believe you mentioned that it brings any dead back to life so very important to prestate to your pug groups Do Not Release.. idk how many times we died due to non english understanding players in PTR lol... All around great vid.. thanks =)

godscorn
11-30-2011, 10:52 AM
Now that 4.3 is live, a couple things to add. The trash packs before Sylvanus, kill the leapers/gimps before the abominations, so they don't canibalize as often, we had some issues with their canibalize mechanic.
During the Murozond, remember that any cooldowns are reset AFTER a selected party member clicks the hourglass. Any exhaustion, battle rez's or CDs still down at the beginning of the encounter will remain until the battle is reset. Try to space out the resets a bit like in the guide or when 2 or 3 party members are dead or the yellow ground AOE is too much. Rinse & repeat.

Muffin Man
11-30-2011, 07:55 PM
Actually, Murozond does have a tail swipe like most dragons.

I didn't see it on the dungeon journal and was walking back and forth to avoid the Distortion Bombs and all of a sudden *bam* stunned.

I wonder if they added it after PTR/writing the DJ entry.

theodisius
12-06-2011, 01:03 PM
What should a tank do to try to minimise damage from Tyrande?

Can you strafe when she casts moonlance or will she turn towards you (making it better to stand still so the rest of the party can avoid it)?

I try to interrupt Stardust, but sometimes its on CD, sometimes I am stunned and sometimes I've been rage starved.

At the moment, I feel I am brute forcing through the encounter: I don't know if that is intended, but the damage is high.

Muffin Man
12-12-2011, 01:09 AM
You can dodge the Moonlance, and should since it stuns you.

Stardust can't be solo-interrupted unless you have really high dps (in which case she only casts once between phase changes). So set up a rotation with another dps where you interrupt the first stardust and s/he interrupts the second. Then your cooldown should be fast fine, possibly not towards the end of the fight in which case just use a cooldown.

At the end of fight, you can also dodge the starfalls (I'm reasonably sure you can anyways), which is also important as those will stun you if they land on you.

As a Fury warrior, this is where I like to pop Rallying Cry, as a tank you might want to consider using a group-wide cooldown if possible here. But it's really a burn phase anyways.

metalbunny
12-12-2011, 05:20 AM
What should a tank do to try to minimise damage from Tyrande?

Can you strafe when she casts moonlance or will she turn towards you (making it better to stand still so the rest of the party can avoid it)?

I try to interrupt Stardust, but sometimes its on CD, sometimes I am stunned and sometimes I've been rage starved.

At the moment, I feel I am brute forcing through the encounter: I don't know if that is intended, but the damage is high.

You can't tank Tyrande as a normal boss, she don't care much about the tank (as in she will stand on her rock and has no melee attacks). I find she will turn and throw moonlance at the ranged (usually the healer) around the lake, so I simply stand behind her, opposite the healer, when I tank her. I have yet to ever get stunned more than than the first time (before I get fully adjusted). Don't think the dungeon journal mentions it, but moonlance is ONLY aimed at the ranged players, and I'm getting the feeling after healing this several times, that she aims for the one furthest away. So simply stay behind her (opposite the ranged) and you should be safe from the stun.

After tanking this a few more times, I can confirm that I was right. When tanking her, I stand on the little rock with Tyrande. Zoom out the camera far enough and you can keep an eye on your ranged party members. When she starts to cast Moonlance, she will turn and face one of the ranged, so simply get behind her while she is casting and you won't get stunned, or even touched, by the Moonlance ever. If you have one of those groups where the ranged feels a strange need to spread out a lot, this means you will have to move a lot. Note of warning: Attempting this fight by making everyone stack on the rock makes it undoable.

You'll need a 2nd interrupt for the stardust, as was said. In my case, I've usually had a rogue or dk in the group that could handle it. Ranged interrupts are a little harder to rely on because they have so much to dodge on the shores. As long as you get out of the way of moonlance, stardust is the only thing you have to worry about.

The eyes of elune (the floating balls) silence and does damage, but since the eyes float around the shore it's not a big issue for a tank.

Not sure what you mean about brute forcing... there is little tactic to this fight other than the interrupts and dodging stuff.

I see a lot of healers who run into the lake, so they won't have to avoid the balls floating about. Note that if you're inside the pink border around the lake you will get a debuff that reduces your cast speed by 50%, so this practice is NOT recommended (I noticed that Aliena does it in the video too, but I don't think we had the debuff on ptr before the first changes were issued).

EDIT: Fixed a couple factual errors. Changes to my original post are coloured blue.

metalbunny
12-12-2011, 08:51 AM
For Baine, it is worth noting that when he jumps to smash the islands, he will swim back in the lava and get the Molten Fists buff, and hit very hard. Therefor it is recommended for tanks to save their 50% cooldown for this, simply wait for him to return to your island, pop the cooldown, and start beating on him. Also don't underestimate the damage you take on this fight, do use your cooldowns generously, and be prepared to use your "oh crap I'm so gonna die" cooldown when the healer gets sent on a swim and you're under 30% health. Obviously the better geared you get, the lower you can let your health slip before going into cooldowns, but most tanks I've had on this fight, that forget their cooldowns, tend to die nomatter how good the healer is.

Also while Baine is playing around with the other islands, I normally back up to the edge of my island, just enough to get the lava buff, and then go after Baine. Doing this increases your damage output as well, which helps get the boss dead faster. I usually do 30-35K dps while tanking this way (ilvl 374 pally tank).

If you're tanking this fight and have gear in the lower end of the scale (353-360), doing the dip is highly recommended to hold threat, as geared dps that do the dipping will simply out-dps the threat your gear is able to generate.