PDA

View Full Version : Healing Advise for evaluating our holy priest

ferdy30
09-17-2011, 07:01 PM
So I have been working my way through our healing roster starting with our druid and now on our holy priest. With the druid I found an excellent guide that gave me some general pointers that I could use (along with looking at some of the more hardcore druids on WoL and their spell usage).
But now I am trying to evaluate our priest and I cant find a good guide to help me with evaluating her WoL performance. The one guide I did find talked about holy priests being more raid healing and focused on that. We use our holy priest as more of a tank healer (on fights like Shannox) but on most of the fights we dont have clear healing assignments (maybe we should???).
But anyways here is our WoL
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/uctsp64ys9lt3wzp/
and here is her armory link.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ysondre/Skyya/advanced

thanks for any help

leethaxor
09-17-2011, 07:16 PM
-Geming all over the place. She has 2 int/haste and 2 int/mastery. Which is weird. Secondly if a holy priest is single target healing (in serenity chalk which she was) and doesn't have the 12.5% haste to get the 5th tick of renew (which I assume would be good for tank healing.)

-Specs lightwell, then doesn't glyph it, instead glyphs a spell that goes unused (flash heal, I don't see a single in the log you linked). And your guild is using lightwell...

-Only using 2 of her 3 JC gems

-Is using lightweave when holy instead of the spirit buff back which is far better (for regen). On the same topic, not using heartsong. The general lack of spirit just scares me, I run almost 4.5 - 5k mp5 incombat on my priest when holy, but that's just me being bad maybe :\

ferdy30
09-17-2011, 07:29 PM
Thank you very much for the fast reply.

Undome
09-18-2011, 01:41 PM
I'd make the suggestion that you shift your HPriest away from healing the tanks and shift them to the raid. Raid healing is what they do far better than tank healing. If you want your priest on the tanks, have them go Disc, it will be much, much stronger and it does still have very impressive AoE healing if necessary.

I agree that the gemming is a bit erratic and I encourage usage of the Lightwell Glyph as Holy as well. I disagree with the necessity to use Heartsong and using Darkweave. This is all based on if there are mana issues or not.

Sebadoh
09-18-2011, 09:16 PM
I really hate the "tank healz raid healz" paradigm that most people set up, but this is one case where it is totally true - Holy Priests are definitely the worst tank healing spec. You have a Holy Paladin for that. Obviously in a 10 man there is going to be quite a bit of cross healing, but generally you'll want the Pally on the tanks and the Druid/Priest on the raid.

Armory: Needs to get the haste up. If you can rely on the 5% spell haste buff then she's not *too* far away, just needs to get to 12.5% haste total (which works out to what, 7.3% unbuffed? I forget). Crit is a Holy Priest's worst stat by far, so she should be reforging that to... well, anything. As mentioned before, glyph Lightwell instead of Flash Heal.

2300 Spirit baseline seems a little low for Holy, but considering she gets another 400 from a trinket, a nice mana clicky every minute from the other trinket, and has the 2-piece... it may not be an issue. I'd still value Spirit higher than Crit though :-P

Log: Really underusing CoH, even as a tank healer you'll still have the free global here and there to use it on the raid. Otherwise, I really don't know what I'm looking at because I've never really seen a Holy tank healer before :-O

ferdy30
09-19-2011, 08:10 AM
A lot of good feedback. I guess the main question now is the healing assignments. We have 4 healers that we use depending on who is able to make it...we have a pally, Druid, shaman, and our holy priest.
For fights like Shannox I give out specific assignments because of how much we spread out, but most fights I don't give out assignments. Would it be better to give assignments or leave it how it is. And if I give out assignments then do most ppl put one healer on both tanks?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Vylia
10-05-2011, 08:18 AM
glyphing lightwell is only worthwhile if your raid will actually use it. And if the Holy Priest does not have mana problems there is no reason to enchant the weapon with heartsong. Also Holy Priest tank healing can works very well based off of group composition. I've done a few Holy Priest tank healing fights i.e. shannox and rag and it works out very well. Haste actually wont benefit them very well the 5th tick of renew wont work if in Senerity Chackra state as it can be renewed with each single target heal.

As for healing assignments yes 1 healer should be on both tanks, however whenever the raid healers have a break they should HoT the tank or throw a mana efficient heal on them. Generally the healers should have an idea about which character that will focus primarily on the tank. Baleroc obviously is the one exception but seeing as you have downed him you guys know what your doing.