View Full Version : Tanking Warrior Tank help
09-13-2011, 05:30 PM
Guild master trying to give me advice off something he heard at work... just looking for help to see if hes right.
(http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kiljaeden/Hoden/advanced)^ is where I am at right now
He went on char dev and Changed some things around and some different gear to get overall Parry Dodge and Block to 102% now I would be losing Parry and dodge to gain mastery to increase Block im just wondering if thats a better deal for me now or to go the way I am
Thank you for your help in advance
09-13-2011, 07:48 PM
This looks all good and in order with a few exceptions. Gemming and Enchants are good for the most part. What should be fixed:
1) /puke Lose the the alch trinket, no selfrespecting tank uses health pots. Get the Mastery trinket from TB, it's amazing.
2) Warrior mechanics 101, parry SHOULD be higher than dodge by a few percentage points due to Hold the Line, so (for example) on your neck you have parry reforged to dodge, undo that.
3) Your thrown weapon is reforged incorrectly, reforge the expertise to mastery, not Dodge. ALL of your gear should have mastery on it, reforge accordingly for future reference.
4) Your current belt i reforged incorrectly. You should reforge out dodge instead of parry. You will get more mastery our of this and it will improve your parry:dodge ratio.
09-14-2011, 08:23 AM
You want to stack mastery until you hit 102,4% CTC, after you hit unhittable avoidance becomes slightly better but before that mastery is best. In your case i would think of getting a bit more stamina after you reach unhittable, its a tad low with 2 mastery trinkets but fine for 10mans. Guess you're doing 10mans?
Personally I'm sporting the t12 4p with 96,4% CTC using 1 stam trinket and a stam flask and doing 25mans, the extra stamina would be largely wasted in 10mans where going double mastery trinkets with maybe even mastery elixer might be good.
Looking at your armory:
- missing windwalk
- reforge ranged weapon to mastery
- reforge chest dodge>mastery for slightly more mastery will also help a bit on parry/dodge ratio
- shannox belt, tier legs, cloak from thrall questline would all be upgrades for CTC coverage.