PDA

View Full Version : DPS Just switched back to fury an require a check up

woodyman
09-13-2011, 01:32 AM
Hi all ive just switched back to Fury to try and help my raid teams DPS out a little
Im pushing around 20-24k dps in raids but i was hoping for a little bit more as i was close to this as arms
bit unsure if licence to slay is my best option for second trink
ive got heart of rage and hurricane also.

also im unsure weather to try and push my hit higher or try for more crit as ive heard conflicting stories
all comments much appreciated

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Emerald-Dream/woodyman/advanced

Loganisis
09-13-2011, 10:44 AM
Crit, once you hit 26 exp and 8% hit, is the most important rating to Fury (str is king by far, but it's very rarely a tradeoff between str and rating). Apparently there's some discussion between hit past 8% and mastery after crit - but whether you go high mastery is very dependent on your discipline - if you're not maintining an optimal rotation with the best use of procs, you're likely going to be in the:

Hit to 8% > Exp 26 > Crit > Hit to 27% > Haste > Mastery right now in your gear for TG. According to Landsoul's spreadsheet

Check http://www.landsoulcoaching.com/spreadsheet/ For Landsoul's spreadsheet. I plugged you in and I found the following stat values:

1 str = 3.76
1 crit = 2.36
1 hit = 1.96
1 hates = 1.65
1 mastery = 1.44

According to the spreadsheet - HoR is a 13 DPS increase over LTS. Hurricane - well, it's not even close to the awesomeness that was DMC:Greatness (Str) - Hurricane I think is even below some 346 dungeon trinkets.

Trinket values, especially when they have exp on them are subject to change based on other gear, so upgrades might make LtS more valuable (such as if you start getting lots of upgrades with exp on them so some of HoR's exp is eventually wasted - if that in fact happens) - so this isn't set in stone - that's the main point.

artie
09-13-2011, 04:45 PM
Either LtS or Essence ( you have the rep for it) would be probably be better than regular Apparatus, as they both provide strength buffs by proc or use respectively. They each also provide a good amount of secondary stat (crit + hit/mastery). Apparatus does have the strength on it, but the benefit of said strength over its use ability wasn't shown as being better until H version.

I'd link the BiS thread from EJ, but it has since been closed. There is, however, a discussion concerning this a couple pages back in this thread.

(http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?72537-The-Cataclysmic-fury-Warrior-Guide/page22)
edit:in the fury warrior guide thread there is a discussion concerning this

woodyman
09-14-2011, 01:18 AM
many thanks for the input guys, i shall have a play around with the trinkets and see what i can get out of it.
also i didnt realise there was a new spreadsheet for warriors now so ill be having a play about with that.
thanks again!

Bung
09-15-2011, 02:41 PM
You should use HOR and Essence. Try reforging to maximize crit.